Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: [XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) (/showthread.php?tid=29329)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- jbob - 2008-08-26

v1.7.2 26/08/08
Change: Delete, if exists, .cfg_new before file writting out new build path.
Change: Copying of subfolders root checked before copytree.
Change: Tidied up some debug logging.

- kLAcK - 2008-08-27

Nice script! Well thought out, and I love it!

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-08-27

cheers

- jbob - 2008-09-03

Would be nice to add a feature to run the Maintain delete script whenever the user wanted incase of a faulty install. I've had numerous times where everything goes as planned then only half of the xbmc files get copied over due to "Extraction path not found" and I have to manually copy them over and then manually strip the build to my liking.

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-09-03

to be clear: You want to be able to run the 'excludes/deletes' as a menu item against the new installation ?

How would it know which folder to perform against? select one or match it against an existing rar file?

- jbob - 2008-09-03

A better option would be to select a folder, an easier implementation would be to choose off of the rar.

- jbob - 2008-09-03

BigBellyBilly Wrote:to be clear: You want to be able to run the 'excludes/deletes' as a menu item against the new installation ?

How would it know which folder to perform against? select one or match it against an existing rar file?

Yes, have it as a menu item, maybe also the copy maintain list? Just a thought, but for me personally this would come in really handy. And as my above post states, the better option is to have them as menu items and be able to browse the XBMC folder, but the easier way would probably be based off of a rar name.

It can be implemented.
My main concern is, if the new installation has failed (for whatever reason) I don't see how performing the deletes and/or includes operation in isolation would be better than deleting the bad install and doing it all again ? How does doing a few additional deletes/copies make a failed install good?

What is this copy failure you mentioned, and does it happen with v1.7.2 ?

BBB

- jbob - 2008-09-03

It happens with 1.7.2. What happens is I have the default settings of T3CH upgrader except some added maintain/copies and go from E:/Apps/T3CH_2008-08-25 and do everything via script. I switch to PM III/Use 4:3 resolution (for RAM) reboot the xbox to clear ram, start T3CH upgrader, it downloads, extracts then errors and says directory not available E:/Apps/T3CH_2008-09-01 then stops. I verify manually, that the directory does exist and has about 8 folders copied into it and the new xbmc.cfg and xbe have been created. It says Installation complete, do you want to reboot, I click yes. Then I have to boot into my chip to add the remaining files via ftp.

here are my Upgrader settings:

{'notify_when_not_new': u'Yes', 'check_script_update_startup': u'Yes', 'prompt_del_rar': u'Yes', 'shortcut_drive': 'C:\\', 'transfer_userdata': u'Yes', 'dash_shortcut_name': 'xbmc', 'unrar_path': 'E:\\apps'}

ok, best thing to help me find the problem is if you can enable xbmc debug then send me a xbmc.log (to my email - see readme)

also send your includes and excludes files (in userdata too)

then I'll get back to you.
BBB

- jbob - 2008-09-03

I started again from scratch and only changed one thing in T3CH upgrader settings and it worked flawlessly.
Code:
unrar_path': 'E:\\apps'}
to
Code:
unrar_path': 'E:\\[b]A[/b]pps'}

Could this minor case change be the whole problem? If so that'd be quite funny, but annoying none the less.

case shouldnt matter xbox filesystem paths !?

- jbob - 2008-09-03

Oddly enough it's the 9-01 T3CH build on xbox.

yeah, sorry, dumb question which I realised after I asked it (pub lunches for ya, hence the edit)

even so, case shouldnt be an issue.

- jbob - 2008-09-03

Well, if it occurs next build I'll post a debug log, this time I can't because it worked. That's how things usually happen.