Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: [XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) (/showthread.php?tid=29329)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- Novin - 2008-09-07

Just upgraded with script 1.7.2 from version 2008-06-01 to 2008-09-01. Went fine after I switched from 16:9 720p to NTSC 4:3. Before I switched video mode it complained about too little free ram (needed 31, had 30).

- snis - 2008-09-07

Same here. The script hang when unpacking. So I changed to 480 resolution.
Then the free memory changed from ~30Mb to 41Mb.

- jbob - 2008-09-08

Wonder if the script could automatically switch to 4:3, change to PMIII and restart XBMC and continue? Don't know if that would cause problems somewhere else, but it's an idea.

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-09-08

no, there's no builtin func to change resolution (you could always request one ?). Min used to be 32, but a lot of people reported 31 was ok, so I lowered it before prompting.

- I'minbiggles - 2008-09-10

Hi, I'm using 1.7.2 and have found with the last two XBMC updates the Video Pluggins have not been transfered with all the other user files. I've had to manually copy them over afterwards. Not seen this reported as a bug but otherwise everything else ok.

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-09-10

ensure that folder exists in the 'copy includes' (includes.txt)

eg file contains (maintainable from settings menu)

Quote:['skin\\', 'screensavers\\', 'scripts\\', 'system\\profiles.xml', 'plugins\\pictures', 'plugins\\music', 'plugins\\programs', 'plugins\\videos']

If its still failing, you'll have to send a xbmc.log (with xbmc debug enabled) so I can try an find the problem)

BBB

How to upgrade when XBMC folder contents are in E:/dashboard - alanbarn - 2008-09-11

As per the instructions at xbox scene, I've put the contents of /XBMC into E:/dashboard so that the machine boots directly into XBMC.

How do I set up the installer upgrades my system correctly?

I want to have the installer upgrade the contents of E:/dashboard with the contents of the new builds /XBMC folder.

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-09-11

This is detailed in the readme.txt .....

but here's your answer...

In settings, prefix the dashname with the subfolder location eg. dashboard\xbmc

I'm currently updating to v1.7.3 to make it xbmc Atlantis compatible.

Contribution request
1) Translation of the readme.txt into these languages:
Finnish
French
Swedish
Dutch

2) Dutch language translation.

Can anyone help ?
cheers
BBB

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-09-11

If your finding that 'plugins\video' folder is not being copied over, edit 'Userdata\script_data\T3CH Upgrader\includes.txt' and change:
'plugins\\videos'
to
'plugins\\video'

The misspelling is causing it not to be found.

Oops - alanbarn - 2008-09-12

Blush

Did look at the readme, must have missed or mis understood the instructions.

But thanks.

- I'minbiggles - 2008-09-12

BigBellyBilly Wrote:If your finding that 'plugins\video' folder is not being copied over, edit 'Userdata\script_data\T3CH Upgrader\includes.txt' and change:
'plugins\\videos'
to
'plugins\\video'

The misspelling is causing it not to be found.

Many thanks for that.

v1.7.3 released - BigBellyBilly - 2008-09-30

Changelog:
  • Fix: Plugin\Video folder not copied due to it looking for 'videos'
  • New: MediaStream skin (created by smuto)
  • New: Default 720p skin and PM3.HD
  • New: Dutch language strings.
  • Updated: Added 'autoscroll' to skins.
  • Change: For xbmc Atlantis; Uses Language builtin.
  • Change: For xbmc Atlantis; Skin XML path changed.

I didn't get sent more language translations (or readme.txt) but I've attempted to do a few myself. Feel free to sent me any string corrections.

BBB

- Bram77 - 2008-10-07

I've updated to version 1.7.3 (on Beta1) to be able to download Beta2. But it complains about a missing file (xbmc.language) and suggests I upgrade XBMC. Which is exactly what I want to do but now can't because the T3CH upgrader won't work Smile

I'm trying to find version 1.7.2, but I can't find it anywhere.

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-10-08

That error message would come from if the script (at startup) can't load the xbmc.Language builtin which was introduced around Atlantis1 builds time OR a problem with your language strings file.

Delete the Dutch language folder or switch xbmc to English and retry, that will determine if the language file is the cause.

BBB

- Bram77 - 2008-10-08

I´m running XBMC in English. I use the T3CH 2008-09-19 SVN rev15640-BETA1 build. Which should contain the xbmc.Language file I guess....