Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: [XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) (/showthread.php?tid=29329)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

b27 - BigBellyBilly - 2007-11-16

Bit late in replying to some of these, forum wasnt sending me notifications still, no idea why as I am subscribed...

anyway.
xrionx: kricker reply is correct and that appears to be what you changed. The script creates a config file that only the TEAM XBMC SHORTCUT uses. The script will copy the correct xbe & cfg to your selected (C:\) drive.
I should also add; It does make a copy of the xbe before overwritting it, to <dash_name>.xbe_old

Your error sounds like you don't have write permission to the C:\ - or the file evoxdash.exe itself is write protected and it can't copy over it?
However; The location your modded xbox looks for a booting dash name (eg evoxdash.ebe or xbmc.xbe) is determined by your chip/softmod. If you can't get it to write to C:\ try changing the mod to work from E: or F: - also changing the Drive setting in the script to reflect this.

Nuka1195: Sorry havent transferred a file with accents, the whole encode/decode gives me a headache at best of times. A simple solution might be to just replace chars with non-accented equiv ? I'll have ago and get back to you about it.

I've now completed the addition of an option for 'Script Update' which can be started manually from menu or turn on an option to auto check. (obviously this won't work until its in the TAGS (released) section of svn)

Smuto: would you mind updating the Polish language strings again - just a couple missing.

The Swedish is quite out of date if someone could have ago.

Get latest script bundle b27HERE

Cheers
BBB

- Noodlez - 2007-11-16

After downloading I get a extraction path does not exist error. I have it set to install to f:\XBMC witch oddly is there Smile tried even F:\Apps with same effect.

- BigBellyBilly - 2007-11-16

yeah, seems to be the most comon problem, inthat the os doesnt report to the script that the unrar'ed path exists. Its better than it used to be now I put a delay loop in to check.
Did you just try re-running it ?

- Noodlez - 2007-11-16

yeah rerunning it doesn't seem to help, however oddly I just switched back to PMIII and ran it again and it is working, go fig, only other thang was when it went dim from inactivity I "woke it up" witch was right before it finished d/l'ing oh well's spiffy

- terminalx - 2007-11-18

When the script runs but there is no network connected, errrors start popping up. Can these be surpressed? They even popup when I am running dvds. Can live with it, but its "cleaner" if they don't pop-up.
great script.

- kricker - 2007-11-19

terminalx Wrote:When the script runs but there is no network connected, errrors start popping up. Can these be surpressed? They even popup when I am running dvds. Can live with it, but its "cleaner" if they don't pop-up.
great script.

If you turn off the option to auto check for updated script or new T3CH build, does it still do it?

- BigBellyBilly - 2007-11-19

if you have no net connection and use the autoexec (With NOTIFY or SILENT) it should only show a notification of 'No new build' (even that notification can be turned off in the settings menu).

Having 'Auto check for updated script on startup' enabled shouldn't show any output either if no net connection.

Which error messages are you referring too ? can you pm me screenshots please ?
thanks
BBB

- xrionx - 2007-11-21

BBB-
Thanks for the input I will try what you mentioned. FYI, I have a Blue Duox2 chip, running x2 (donlt know what version), so yes I believe this goes to evoxdash by default, and I don't really know how to edit the BIOS to change this. Is there any way to change permissions on the file? Can I FTP to and and change permissions? Thanks again.

xrionx

- BigBellyBilly - 2007-11-21

as its trying to copy the TEAM XBMC.xbe to C:\evoxdash.xbe - it could also be that evoxdash.exe is write protected and not the C:\ drive itself.

If you ftp to xbox, you should be able to see persmissions.

Most modchip solutions have a list of dash names that they look for, xbmc.xbe being a common name that they look for (which is what I use on my X3)

- evilhomeruk - 2007-11-21

xrionx Wrote:BBB-
Thanks for the input I will try what you mentioned. FYI, I have a Blue Duox2 chip, running x2 (donlt know what version), so yes I believe this goes to evoxdash by default, and I don't really know how to edit the BIOS to change this. Is there any way to change permissions on the file? Can I FTP to and and change permissions? Thanks again.

xrionx

xrionx, I'm not familiar with that chip or many others (tbh!) but I have an old X2 chip which is set in it's ways. What I've discovered recently (from the wiki) is that the boot sequence for mine is:

avalaunch.xbe
evoxdash.xbe
etc.
etc.

I had been renaming evoxdash.xbe to something else, but it meant I had no fail safe.

So, perhaps you could try renaming the XBE Shortcut Creator to avalaunch.xbe and get the upgrader script to modify the avalaunch.cfg file with the new build destination.

That way evoxdash.xbe stays as EvoX and if the switched avalaunch fails, you will be still booting into Evox with all it's ftp loveliness.

Does that make sense?

- freaksworth - 2007-11-21

Hi,
nice work!
I think it would be nice to be able to exclude the userdata - dir when copying the personalized folders like scripts, skins, etc., because it can take a very long time and it is not necessary if you took this folder out of your xbmc root and defined the path in the profiles.xml (and of course copy the profiles.xml to the new build dir).

f

- BigBellyBilly - 2007-11-21

as it happens, i've added the ability to select Folders in the Includes (copies) and Excludes (deletes) (restricted folders selectable)

But copying UserData is a principle function of the script, are you suggesting it should be a setting (enabled by default) that determines if UserData is copied ?

BBB

- freaksworth - 2007-11-21

Hi,

the point is, you don't need to copy the userdata if it is not located in xbmc folder. (e.g. xbmc is in f:\dash\t3ch_...\ and userdata is in f:\dash\Userdata\ ), although you want to copy scripts, skins and plugins autmatically to the new location.
For now I commented it out, but it would be nice to have the setting which personlaized folders are copied by default, so you don't have to add these folders manually.

regards
f

- BigBellyBilly - 2007-11-22

I've implemented your request as the setting '"Transfer UserData to T3CH ?" (defaults to YES)
If that nots what you intended, let me know.

Added setting option "Reset Settings?"

Latest build is b31 from HERE

- evilhomeruk - 2007-11-22

freaksworth Wrote:Hi,

the point is, you don't need to copy the userdata if it is not located in xbmc folder. (e.g. xbmc is in f:\dash\t3ch_...\ and userdata is in f:\dash\Userdata\ ), although you want to copy scripts, skins and plugins autmatically to the new location.
For now I commented it out, but it would be nice to have the setting which personlaized folders are copied by default, so you don't have to add these folders manually.

regards
f
Shocked Woah... you can store your UserData elsewhere? How so?

That's exactly my problem, it takes 40-45 minutes to copy UserData over to a new build. If UserData can live outside the current build then it would be dramatically reduced.