Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: [XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) (/showthread.php?tid=29329)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- BigBellyBilly - 2007-11-29

tbh, I'm going to concentrate on getting myTV v1.18 out which is overdue, mainly cos of this script.
Anyways, email or PM me your idea.

- kricker - 2007-11-29

Switching to an old version hangs after selecting the final prompt 'switch'. I'll PM the log.

- kricker - 2007-11-29

...or email since I can't seem to attach files to posts or PMs.

- BigBellyBilly - 2007-11-30

bug found n fixed. thanks

- xerol - 2007-12-01

Hi BBB,
I have a question for you. My understanding is that your script will re-write the shortcut (.cfg and .xbe) to the root drive that i select, is that correct?

I softmodded with ndure, technically, my default dash is unleashX, but i use the shortcut so it boots XBMC. my shortcut files are located at e/dashboard/, the shortcut points to e/apps/xbmc, will your script work for me?

Thanks!!

path does not exist - terminalx - 2007-12-02

Hi BBB something strange is happening. I am using build 32. I download the new T3CH release. It extracts but then it gives the error "path does not exist".

However, when I go to the file manager I see the new version of xbmx standing ready (see log). It is fully extracted and I can start it.

I have added profiles.xml to the copy list so I do not have the copy the libery info ect which is kept in a seperate dir.

You can see the error in the end of the log

http://pastebin.com/m5b756507

thanks Smile

- BigBellyBilly - 2007-12-02

INFO: _extract_rar() success=False Is that the error your referring too ?

What its saying is that the os isn't reporrting the extracted path as existing, despite being in a delayed loop of upto 40 secs.

Ideally the xbmc builtin extract call should report success/fail but it doesn't. SO the script stops.

I do get this myself occasionally and I can't repeat it reliably, just re-trying script again quite often gets you throu. frustrating I know, maybe you can ask a xbmc dev to look at the extract code ?

b34 is the latest, it fixes a reboot after Downgrading hang. from HERE It doesnt alter anything to do with extract thou.

xerol Wrote:Hi BBB,
I have a question for you. My understanding is that your script will re-write the shortcut (.cfg and .xbe) to the root drive that i select, is that correct?

I softmodded with ndure, technically, my default dash is unleashX, but i use the shortcut so it boots XBMC. my shortcut files are located at e/dashboard/, the shortcut points to e/apps/xbmc, will your script work for me?

Thanks!!

Should do.

In settings change the shortcut name to a dash name that the softmod will look for, its usually a list of names eg xbmc, evoxdash etc.

The change the settings boot drive to your e:

It copies the TEAM XBMC shortcut.xbe to DRIVE dashname.xbe , then writes the new T3CH installed path into the 'dash_name'.cfg

- terminalx - 2007-12-02

I will try the build 34 tonight. It is really wierd because the .rar is fully extracted in the correct folder and all. I can start the extracted xbmc from the file manager. Still, the error pops up that the path is not found and the script exits. Really wierd.

This action (extracting the .rar and giving the false message "path does not exist" did not occur with earlier builds. in the earlier builds there was never an extraction if the error "path not found" popped up. In build 32 I get always the error no matter how many times I try to redownload and install.

If the issue remains with 34, I can roll back to an earlier version. Something in the code definately changed SmileSmile

PS if a download is cancelled the incomplete .rar is not deleted by the script in build 32.

I have removed the code that used toi use an existing rar, it now always re-downloads the rar. It helps prevent partial/bad rar download unraring.

Do you have your userdata outside of xbmc by any chance ?

- terminalx - 2007-12-02

yes the userdat is outside XBMC.

- terminalx - 2007-12-02

yes the userdata is now ouside xbmc. I followed it from one of the suggestions in this thread. I have moved it ouside from build 32. Maybe it is that

- BigBellyBilly - 2007-12-03

after extract, it check for exist of installed rar path (eg e:\apps\T3CH_2007-11-25) and also UserData dir (e:\apps\T3CH_2007-11-25\XBMC\UserData)

But on seconds thoughts, it doesnt matter where you've located your current UserData as the one it checks for will always be unpacked to the default location.

location userdata - terminalx - 2007-12-03

I will change the userdata back to default and re run the script tonight and post the result. Thanks for you replies.

copy list - terminalx - 2007-12-09

I download the new release, it extracts and gives the error "path does not exist". I hold my userdata outside of xbmc for this purposes I have changed the userdata location in system\profiles.xml and added it to the copy list.

It is this file that creates the error because when I remove it from copy list, the update runs like a baby.

I added profiles.xml to the copy list selecting the file with the browsing system from the Q drive.

Physically xbmc is installed on the F: drive but I was thinking that this is not the correct way to add a copy file because once I delete a old t3ch release the reference indeed is invalid because it does not exist any more.

Is there merrit in adding a dialog when a copy file fails prompting the user to continue the script or exit?

If the user chooses to exit the script, the new T3ch release is already fully extracted, if then the user reruns the script it would be nice if this would be seen by the script avoiding a second download and extract again.

I hope the above makes sense...