HOW-TO write GUI settings for XBMC python plugins and scripts (addons) - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Python Add-on Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: HOW-TO write GUI settings for XBMC python plugins and scripts (addons) (/showthread.php?tid=29577)
HOW-TO write GUI settings for XBMC python plugins and scripts (addons) - yuvalt - 2007-11-07 23:19
If you have written a plugin/script and you want to have GUI settings attached to it (by right-clicking on it and selecting "Plugin Settings/Script Settings"), do the following:
1. Under your plugin/script dir create a "resources" dir.
2. Create the file resources/settings.xml. An example of how such a file would look like for a Flickr plugin:
3. As you can see the labels use a resource file. To create one for english (for example), create the file: resources/language/english/strings.xml. For example:
4. The user edited plugin/script settings are stored at special://profile/ settings.xml. For example:
5a. To get the settings values in the plugin do xbmcplugin.getSetting(id). For example:
theKey = xbmcplugin.getSetting("api_key")
5a. To get the settings values in the script do xbmc.getSetting(id). For example:
theKey = xbmc.getSetting("api_key")
check the pydocs.
- asg - 2007-11-08 00:14
Thanks! This is a really neat "new?" feature ..
but did you missed a svn commit or something? Theres no 'getSetting' in xbmcplugin yet
Quote:'module' object has no attribute 'getSetting'Regards
- yuvalt - 2007-11-08 00:49
Did you try it with the linuxport?
- asg - 2007-11-08 00:55
No..tried with "normal" rev10688. Ive also checked out the linuxport, but i cant find any reference to getSettings in xbmcplugin.
- Nuka1195 - 2007-11-08 01:35
I think we need more than luck
- yuvalt - 2007-11-08 01:37
:-) You're right, my commit failed earlier and I did not notice. Please try again..
- Nuka1195 - 2007-11-08 02:34
they work great.
one thing that should be mentioned is to get your bool or integer, do the following:
Now to backport it for the masses
Edit: just wanted to say good job, this is really a nice feature.
Online Manual Documentation - Gamester17 - 2007-11-08 14:28
WIKI updated? ...does the wiki even have a plugin/plugins section or article already?
- Unbehagen - 2007-11-08 16:24
Thanks! This is awesome!
- Nuka1195 - 2007-11-08 22:32
Ok, plugins settings has been backported to the main trunk, thanks yuvalt.