Kodi Community Forum
High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)? (/showthread.php?tid=30419)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

- digitalhigh - 2009-02-23

CapnBry Wrote:Hehehe that's how I first was doing it too but man did it get out of control when you have to do one for every resolution, every video code, every audio codec, every language, every audiochannels, etc. It was a huge pain.

After a conversation with Jonathan, it actually is going to be slightly different than I posted above. I'll update the post but the new plan removes those videocodec%.png's in favor of a more customizable, but slightly more verbose method that cuts down on the bloat in XBMC. If you want to make an image that represents for example audiochannels, instead of <info>ListItem.AudioChannels</info> you'd use <texture>$INFO[ListItem.AudioChannels,audiochannels,.png]</texture>

The advantage to this being you're not stuck with using one asset everywhere, so if you want to have like a big 1080p logo on a fullscreen info dialog and a different 1080p logo in the list view, you're not limited by having just one videoresolution1080.png asset.

No, that makes perfect sense. As it happens to be, that will probably be the case, as I plan on using HDTV logos for my TV shows and Movie-centric ones for the movies section.

- CapnBry - 2009-02-23

jmarshall has asked about the performance degradation of loading the library with streaminfo versus load times in trunk.

Can someone with a video library with a lot of items in one section (750+ movies or the entire Gunsmoke series or similar) provide me with a copy of their MyVideos34.db for testing?

- digitalhigh - 2009-02-23

CapnBry Wrote:jmarshall has asked about the performance degradation of loading the library with streaminfo versus load times in trunk.

Can someone with a video library with a lot of items in one section (750+ movies or the entire Gunsmoke series or similar) provide me with a copy of their MyVideos34.db for testing?

If I were at home right now, I'd happily send you one.

- SlaveUnit - 2009-02-23

Here is one with 973...sorry no Gunsmoke (YET!)

http://rapidshare.com/files/201688677/MyVideos34.rar.html

It is spread out through 2 large and one small directory. Hope it still helps.

- timdog82001 - 2009-02-24

I have a fairly monstrous tv show collection I could send you as well if it would help....a few thousand episodes at least.

- CapnBry - 2009-02-24

Thanks guys. Between SlaveUnit's and sho's I should have plenty of data for performance testing. Holy smokes that's a lot of movies!

- SlaveUnit - 2009-02-24

Yeah when you build a 10tb NAS, it drives you to do evil things to fill it up. Smile

Also having 1400 store bought DVDs didnt help.

- tebicenter - 2009-02-24

SlaveUnit Wrote:Yeah when you build a 10tb NAS, it drives you to do evil things to fill it up. Smile

Also having 1400 store bought DVDs didnt help.

I must say WOW !!!

I know I'm getting off topic, but how much did you spent on that NAS?

- SlaveUnit - 2009-02-24

tebicenter Wrote:I must say WOW !!!

I know I'm getting off topic, but how much did you spent on that NAS?

Not as much as you would think. Without the drives only about $400. Then the drives range from 500gb to 1.5tb. I get only the 1.5tb ones now since locally they sell for $119. I guess on the bottom line I spent about $1600 total maybe (EDIT: after thinking a bit more about it, closer to $1800-$1900 probably)? I started out with a lot of 500gb drives but they have been phased out since the 1.5tb have dropped so much in price. The NAS drive space is really 12.25tb of drive space but I can only use 10.75 due to the largest drive being a parity drive.

Let me know of the pic is too big and should be resized. Didnt mean to be rude.

- BLKMGK - 2009-02-25

Heh, am right behind you on one of my servers and with my second unRAID am a bit past you in capacity Big Grin You've got quite a few more movies than me but I'm working on it! Bang for the buck unRAID is hard to beat for media serving to say the least and the new 1.5tb drives - when they aren't flakey - are one heck of a deal. You ought to throw in a cache drive if you move much data around, really helped me with write speeds and any old IDE drive will work fine...

- matthuisman - 2009-02-25

Any news on this feature?
Added to trunk yet?

Thanks

Big Grin

- CapnBry - 2009-02-26

Nope still in progress. Next patch is already over 1000 lines. The multi-stream support changed a lot, and there's still performance and thread safety to go. Good news is that multistream seems to be done but there are other issues (such as directory caching and scanning preemption).

- v0lrath - 2009-03-07

How's this coming along? It's been a couple weeks, I'm just curious. Smile

- CapnBry - 2009-03-09

I've gotten a bit sidetracked in the performance of loading decently sized video libraries.

Baseline: Loading an 855 movie video library takes 150ms for the query, then 1200ms to load the items. Even if none of the files have streamdetails it pushes the load time to ~1800ms, and each stream after that adds 100ms to the total load time. I've managed to reduce baseline load time to ~900ms, which is nice, but I'm still concerned with the overall performance. For the "best case" scenario where each file has 2 streams you're looking at 1.98ms/item load time vs 1.05ms/item baseline.

I think I might consider that unacceptable and will move the detail loader to the background thread.

But anyway work is getting done, it's just going slowly.

- natethomas - 2009-03-09

I was just curious, CapnBry. Are you and Fekker sharing code at all? I mean this in two ways. First, are you both using similar processes to get the stream info. Second, are you working on some kind of nfo cross-compatibility?