Kodi Community Forum
How do I set Directory to my External lacie drive - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Mac OS X (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Thread: How do I set Directory to my External lacie drive (/showthread.php?tid=31049)

How do I set Directory to my External lacie drive - SurgResDocMD - 2008-02-05

Alright I did the download for XMBC, recently, and I can truely say there is an entire HTPC community that has been waiting for a front end like this for their Mac Mini.

is there anyway to do album artwork and dvd covers on this.
.mkv files play through VLC?

Dobly Digital or DTS support?

- SurgResDocMD - 2008-02-05

Also how do I skin this

- SurgResDocMD - 2008-02-09

anyone?

- Nychee - 2008-02-09

1. To set your directory, select "Add Source" -- then enter the path as /Volumes/"the name of your External lacie drive" -- and finally give it a name . That's it. It took me a little while to figure this out too.

2. Yes, XBMC was able to retrieve album and dvd covers from sites like IMDb. Just click on "Set Content" when you add your directory. If you forgot to so (like I did), then just hit the 'i" key on your keyboard over the directory you want covers for, and then "Set Content".

3. For MKV's, I can tell you that it passes through DD and DTS beautifully. I am ecstatic about this, especially since I've been waiting for VLC to do the same for what seems like an eternity.

4. As for skins, do a search for "xTV". Once you download it, you have to go into the contextual menu of XBMC and place the new skin in the "skins" directory. Once you've done that, you'll have a choice between that and the Project Mayhem skin.

Hope that helps. I'm just learning too.

- rickeo - 2008-02-11

I have had XBMC for little over an hour now and I STILL have yet to play any type of media with it. I have all my .mkv's on an external drive, that I added to the source list per Nychee's instructions above. That works and I can open the drive, and can see the folders I have on the drive, but when nothing happens when I try to open any of those folders. Do the video files have to be on the top level of the drive? If so thats pretty dumb. Am I just doing something wrong? The path I set is /Volumes/Media_Drive and named it "Movies".

- Aman - 2008-02-11

rickeo Wrote:I have had XBMC for little over an hour now and I STILL have yet to play any type of media with it. I have all my .mkv's on an external drive, that I added to the source list per Nychee's instructions above. That works and I can open the drive, and can see the folders I have on the drive, but when nothing happens when I try to open any of those folders. Do the video files have to be on the top level of the drive? If so thats pretty dumb. Am I just doing something wrong? The path I set is /Volumes/Media_Drive and named it "Movies".

It looks correct to me. I haven't had any problems playing files nested in folders. Aliases don't work, but it doesn't sound like that's how you have it set up. Try throwing the .app out and reinstalling from the .dmg. It will blow out all of your prefs.

-Aman

- SurgResDocMD - 2008-02-14

Nychee Wrote:1. To set your directory, select "Add Source" -- then enter the path as /Volumes/"the name of your External lacie drive" -- and finally give it a name . That's it. It took me a little while to figure this out too.

2. Yes, XBMC was able to retrieve album and dvd covers from sites like IMDb. Just click on "Set Content" when you add your directory. If you forgot to so (like I did), then just hit the 'i" key on your keyboard over the directory you want covers for, and then "Set Content".

3. For MKV's, I can tell you that it passes through DD and DTS beautifully. I am ecstatic about this, especially since I've been waiting for VLC to do the same for what seems like an eternity.

4. As for skins, do a search for "xTV". Once you download it, you have to go into the contextual menu of XBMC and place the new skin in the "skins" directory. Once you've done that, you'll have a choice between that and the Project Mayhem skin.

Hope that helps. I'm just learning too.

Alright, still having problems. Man if I can ever get this set up, my front end worries are over, lol. I get to the screen that says "Enter the paths or browse for the media locations." I can not enter any letters now? I can use the arrow keys to navigate, but now I can't enter any text to name my directorySad

SurgResDocMD Wrote:Alright, still having problems. Man if I can ever get this set up, my front end worries are over, lol. I get to the screen that says "Enter the paths or browse for the media locations." I can not enter any letters now? I can use the arrow keys to navigate, but now I can't enter any text to name my directorySad
More specifically in mouse mode, the mouse only moves 1/2 across the screen, and in non mouse move I can not navigate through the on screen keybord

- Nychee - 2008-02-14

SurgResDocMD Wrote:Alright, still having problems. Man if I can ever get this set up, my front end worries are over, lol. I get to the screen that says "Enter the paths or browse for the media locations." I can not enter any letters now? I can use the arrow keys to navigate, but now I can't enter any text to name my directorySad

Arrow down to the entry box with the "/" and hit ENTER. You will then get a screen with a virtual keyboard to enter text with. You don't need to use the virtual keyboard. Just enter the text with your actual keyboard and hit ENTER.

Also, the mouse scrolling issue has been fixed with today's wonderful release of 0.1.1 -- Cheers.

Nychee Wrote:Arrow down to the entry box with the "/" and hit ENTER. You will then get a screen with a virtual keyboard to enter text with. You don't need to use the virtual keyboard. Just enter the text with your actual keyboard and hit ENTER.

Also, the mouse scrolling issue has been fixed with today's wonderful release of 0.1.1 -- Cheers.
My text from keybord will not work, do I need to re install? The only thing that works from keyboard is the Delete key and the esc, and the arrow key