Text display broken at varied resolutions - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: XBMC General Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux and Live support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Text display broken at varied resolutions (/showthread.php?tid=31190)
Text display broken at varied resolutions - rodalpho - 2008-02-12 02:18
So here's a weird problem. When I have XBMC (2/11/08 SVN) running at 720p, 1080i, a bunch of other resolutions, or my desktop resolution of 1080p, the vast majority of text just disappears for no apparent reason. When I drop the resolution to 480p or even selected resolutions like 1024x768, it shows up again. I've been using last week's SVN assuming that this was a work in progress, but then I see that other people are using the current release. Could it be a problem with widescreen resolutions only, perhaps?
I've tried recompiling clean as well as removing my UserData directory, neither works. Also I confirmed that I have all packages specified in the up to date README.linux. I attached screenshots below to illustrate what I mean. Any thoughts, beyond sticking with last week's SVN?
(Please ignore that the 1080p shots are truncated horizontally; my desktop monitor isn't 1920 pixels across and I did it ghetto over VNC rather than using the gnome screenshot util.)
1080p in videos dir (no text on names, broken SVN stuff on folders):
1080p main menu:
1080p resolution settings screen (note that some text works and some doesn't):
- Jezz_X - 2008-02-12 02:24
you need to delete your project Mayhem III skin folder and reinstall it some of the files in there got deleted and are causeing your error because they are over riding the ones that should be used (only effects 16x9 resolutions)
- rodalpho - 2008-02-12 02:29
Yep that was it alright. I completely cleaned out my SVN dir and compiled from scratch and even cleared my guisettings file but I assumed that the skin would just overwrite its own files. Thanks Jezz, works fine now!