Kodi Community Forum
New .nfo creator for Windows - Need a bit of help - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: New .nfo creator for Windows - Need a bit of help (/showthread.php?tid=31511)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

- billyad2000 - 2008-04-25

sho Wrote:How about Music Videos support?

Have you got an musicvideodb.xml that I can use to set it up?

- spiff - 2008-04-27

http://dureks.dyndns.org:8080/musicvideos.xml

note that this is part of videodb.xml

also mind

Quote:Revision: 12842
http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/xbmc/?rev=12842&view=rev
Author: spiff_
Date: 2008-04-27 03:08:55 -0700 (Sun, 27 Apr 2008)

Log Message:
-----------
changed: export music database now exports associated artist / album paths to ease it for the nfo app. note that these paths may or may not hold bollocks, depending on your filesystem layout (code assumes artist/album1/ artist/album2/ etc layout)

- ChoccyHobNob - 2008-04-30

@billyad2000 How does your app handle actor thumbs? I'm about to set up boot camp and windows xp just so I can run your app on my mac and just want to make sure before I go to all that effort that I know what to expect at the end of the process.

- OnoSendai - 2008-04-30

I haven't double-checked the results, but the movie part seems to have worked fine.
When I try to do my TV Shows though, I get this error:

First Enter All TV Save Paths

Under 'Please Select the Root Paths', there is only one path, which is the way it should be.
Remote Path = smb://192.168.2.200/videos/TV Shows/
Local Path is set to a folder on my desktop

I couldn't get my videodb.xml to upload to pastebin... it's almost 10MB.
I've never used pastebin before and don't know if there is a size limit.
There is no error log written before receiving this error.

I PM'd you the location of my DB from my personal domain.

Love the app Smile
Hope this helps, I know TV Show support is rather new.

- sho - 2008-04-30

Had the same issue, *think* I restarted the app and only checked process TV Shows.
Anyways I got around it by fiddling.

- OnoSendai - 2008-04-30

ah!... i did that once, but it still asked me a question about the movies...
i did it again and it worked fine... thanks sho!

- OnoSendai - 2008-04-30

I can't figure out how to edit posts...

Let me clarify.
When I restarted it and told it to only do TV Shows, I hit Next.
It then asked me if my movies were stored in a shared folder or separate folders...
So it was acting like it was still processing the movies, even though I told it to only do the TV Shows...

The second time I restarted the app... it didn't ask me that question
and started processing the TV Shows... it's still running right now.

- rynoc - 2008-05-01

Great application by the way!

My XML data file for TV/Movies is over 16Mbytes. I had no issues with the program loading or extracting the data. Some suggestions though:

For Shows:
Option to overwrite existing files is not checked
Save Thumbnails checked
Save Episode thumbs checked

--- Script does not overwrite the nfo as expected but does overwrite the thumbnails. Prefferred behavior is to not overwrite either or add a checkbox for this option.

Similar option/fix for movies

Actor thumbs are not supported by the library import to my knowledge (unless someone has changed it). However the files can be exported to the xbox if saved. They have to be saved into a directory using the CRC of the link in the nfo as the file name and then put on the XBOX in Thumbnails (manually). TheTVDB does not have the thumbs supported today but IMDB does so I was considering an override to re-direct these and save them off. You added support for dumping these in Movies but not in TV shows. Since both use the same data table in SQL, it would be nice to include that table in the nfo for both based on what is read in from the full XML file or have an option to look up.

- billyad2000 - 2008-05-01

Sorry about the delay but i've had some long shifts over the last week and haven't had time to do much.

ChoccyHobNob Wrote:@billyad2000 How does your app handle actor thumbs? I'm about to set up boot camp and windows xp just so I can run your app on my mac and just want to make sure before I go to all that effort that I know what to expect at the end of the process.
Actor Thumbs can't be imported by XBMC presently. The Actor thumbnail URL is saved in the nfo file though, maybe when the file nfo file is scraped then the actor url is downloaded by XBMC, i'm not sure though. If anyone has the answer to this then please let us know.

rynoc Wrote:Great application by the way!

My XML data file for TV/Movies is over 16Mbytes. I had no issues with the program loading or extracting the data. Some suggestions though:

For Shows:
Option to overwrite existing files is not checked
Save Thumbnails checked
Save Episode thumbs checked

--- Script does not overwrite the nfo as expected but does overwrite the thumbnails. Prefferred behavior is to not overwrite either or add a checkbox for this option.

Similar option/fix for movies
It sounds like you'r using an older version of the program.
The behavior since version 2.10 is to skip all thumbs aswell as nfo files if the overwrite box is not checked, this applies to movie thumbs, tvshow thumbs and episode thumbs. The moviethumb browser likewise will only show you the thumbs for movies that have no thumbnail, unless overwrite is selected. Check my sig for the newest version.

OnoSendai Wrote:Let me clarify.
When I restarted it and told it to only do TV Shows, I hit Next.
It then asked me if my movies were stored in a shared folder or separate folders...
So it was acting like it was still processing the movies, even though I told it to only do the TV Shows...

The second time I restarted the app... it didn't ask me that question
and started processing the TV Shows... it's still running right now.

Bug comfirmed. I'll fix it for the next release.
Just so you know - Even though it asks you this question, it still wouldn't process movies.

- miamiwice - 2008-05-05

i dont know what happened, but i ran it and it erased most of my movies!!! what do i do? PLEASE help! now all thats in those folders are the tbn and nfo files, all the ts files are gone? what to do?

- miamiwice - 2008-05-05

the really weird thingis all my movies still play, and it seemed to movies from 1 folder to another, at least the folder for it, do you think if i do a restore in xp from yesterdays date it will put it back?

- miamiwice - 2008-05-05

miamiwice Wrote:the really weird thingis all my movies still play, and it seemed to movies from 1 folder to another, at least the folder for it, do you think if i do a restore in xp from yesterdays date it will put it back?

ok more information: every movie plays on the xbox. My folder still only have 2 files in them, a tbn, and nfo. My 500 gb drive that was full now shows 330 gb free space. Its like windows just cant see them anymore, but they are there somewhere. Ive rebooted the server and everything, and it still plays them. This is the weirdest thing ive seen, could the nfo creator made them some kind of hidden files windows cant see?

- timdog82001 - 2008-05-05

did you try enable the folder option to view hidden files?

- spiff - 2008-05-05

if actors holds thumb urls they should be fetched. no support for locals though (could be added if so desired)

- billyad2000 - 2008-05-05

miamiwice Wrote:ok more information: every movie plays on the xbox. My folder still only have 2 files in them, a tbn, and nfo. My 500 gb drive that was full now shows 330 gb free space. Its like windows just cant see them anymore, but they are there somewhere. Ive rebooted the server and everything, and it still plays them. This is the weirdest thing ive seen, could the nfo creator made them some kind of hidden files windows cant see?

I am sorry you have encountered this problem but it is unreleated to the Nfo Extract program.

The fact that the movies are still available over a network makes it likely a filesystem problem.

Firstly, do not write anything else to that partition. If the OS thinks that an area on a drive is empty then it will write to it. A system restore will not help.

You could try a scandisk, it may fix your problem.

If you have access to other drives either on your system then there are lots of recovery programs available, I have used one called "File Scavenger" with success. It needs to be installed on a drive different to the one with the fault to avoid overwriting any files, and you need another drive or partition with enough size to store the recovered files.

Good Luck.