Kodi Community Forum
New .nfo creator for Windows - Need a bit of help - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: New .nfo creator for Windows - Need a bit of help (/showthread.php?tid=31511)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

- miamiwice - 2008-05-05

i made sure show hidden files was enabled and still cant see them. i had my movies in separate folders and what happened was i put nfo creator to put the nfo in the root directory of the folder the movies were in. it created a folder with the same name as the name of the folder with the movie, so i guess it overwrote my movie folder with the folder with the nfos in it. but like i said windows cant see it, shows the free space there, but xbmc can see them and play it, i think it only totally deleted 1 movie as far as i can tell so far.

- billyad2000 - 2008-05-05

miamiwice Wrote:i made sure show hidden files was enabled and still cant see them. i had my movies in separate folders and what happened was i put nfo creator to put the nfo in the root directory of the folder the movies were in. it created a folder with the same name as the name of the folder with the movie, so i guess it overwrote my movie folder with the folder with the nfos in it. but like i said windows cant see it, shows the free space there, but xbmc can see them and play it, i think it only totally deleted 1 movie as far as i can tell so far.

It is impossible for this program to be responsible for the behaviour your describing.
Windows doesn't allow a directory to be created if one already exists with the same name. If I was to delete the folder then create a new one there is no possible way to keep the deleted files available over a network.

The only possible cause as far as I know would be a filesystem error. It reminds me of a problem I once had with a FAT16 hd when I had put too many files into a folder.

The following is an exact copy of the code used to check for and create a new folder. There is no possible way that this code is resposible for the behaviour you are describing.
Code:
Try
            If System.IO.Directory.Exists(filePath) = False Then    'see if folder exists
                System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(filePath)       'if not then create it
            End If
        Catch ex As Exception
            errs = ex
            action = "System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(" & filePath & ")"
            Call log()
        End Try
If there is any problem with the above code then I would appreciate it if one of the developers here would point it out.

I still maintain that it can only be a coincidence that this problem occured when running this program.

- miamiwice - 2008-05-08

I think ill be able to recover my files using zero assumption recovery or something like that. Just if you have your movies in separate folders, id advise to make a separate folder to do this into then import them manually. Ill continue using this, i knew the risks, worst thing to happen is i will just have to re back up my dvds, not too big of a deal. I appreciate the work youve done on this, its a great idea, i just dont want this to happen to anyone else too. Maybe im an isolated case. Im out of town for a week, so ill let you know how it goes when i get back. What happened on my machine was it wrote a folder with the same exact name as the folder for the movie. My files seem to still be there in limbo somewhere.

- billyad2000 - 2008-05-10

Version 2.21 is now available for download - see my sig

Bug fixes Version 2.21:-
No longer checks movie paths when it is not going to be processing movies.
Program overwrote tv episode thumb with actorthumb if tvshow actors catagory contained a thumbnail.

Changes in 2.21
Support for music video files is now included, This support is limited to a single save folder, I think this will be enough for the vast majority of people.

I'm afraid to say This will be the last version of this program with the exception of bugfixes. It does everything I wanted it to do and a good bit more besides.
I am currently working on a new windows project that I believe will compliment this program, I'll create a new thread in this forum for the new program once it's ready.

In response to recent posts I am adding the following disclaimer:-

This program is created in good faith using Visual Basic 2008 and the .net 3.5 framework. The program is limited to the functions within .net 3.5 and isn't responsible for the following:-

Filesystem errors
Hard Drive Failures
Corrupt RAM
Exploding PSU
Collapsing Desk
Bad hair cuts
England Loosing football matches
Hangovers
Ships sinking
Airplanes crashing
Stubbing your toe
Birds crapping on you
Your wife/girlfriend leaving you

Nor is it responsible for:_
Earthquakes
Volcanoes
Tornadoes
Hurricanes
Floods & storms
Tsunamis
Droughts
or any other natural disaster.

And finally

This program should definately not be blamed for those who get abducted by aliens.

Wink

- miamiwice - 2008-05-10

ha, thanks. i found out what happened. I just got back in town and had time to dig into this some. I got a new hard drive about a month ago, and moved all my movies onto it. The videodb.xml in my xbox remembered the old directory structure. When i ran it, it made those folders with just the thumb and nfo on the drive the movies used to be on, hence no other files in them. I didnt realize i was looking at the other drive. So what i had was 2 hard drive with the same folders on each one. One just had the empty folders, one had the full ones. I ran it late at night right beforei left, so i didnt have time to look very close. Thanks again for the great program. Your program worked fine, it was the videodb that i need to clean up.

- miamiwice - 2008-05-10

im just glad i didnt get abducted by aliens

- NineT9mustang - 2008-05-13

Just ran into this thread, awesome idea! The app looks like itd be great too, though I haven't been able to get it to work?

Its most likely something on my side, hopefully it is...Here is my problem:

*So in xbmc I scanned 1 show (24), exported the DB and have the XML file, transferred that to my PC...
*I loaded up that XML file in your program, read it fine... I clicked TV Show Process, and it brought me to the next screen...everything is fine so far
*I checked which boxes I wanted to apply... and then chose the Path where the TV Show is...then I clicked START

and nothing happens? I get the hourglass as if its thinking... and I can go between menu's even though its thinking too

Am I doing something wrong here? Do I need that VideoDB.xml located at a specific place?

The TV Show 24 is on my L:\ Drive (External) hooked to my PC, and shared via XBMC

Again, its probably my stupidity, so sorry in advance!

- billyad2000 - 2008-05-14

NineT9mustang Wrote:Just ran into this thread, awesome idea! The app looks like itd be great too, though I haven't been able to get it to work?

Its most likely something on my side, hopefully it is...Here is my problem:

*So in xbmc I scanned 1 show (24), exported the DB and have the XML file, transferred that to my PC...
*I loaded up that XML file in your program, read it fine... I clicked TV Show Process, and it brought me to the next screen...everything is fine so far
*I checked which boxes I wanted to apply... and then chose the Path where the TV Show is...then I clicked START

and nothing happens? I get the hourglass as if its thinking... and I can go between menu's even though its thinking too

Am I doing something wrong here? Do I need that VideoDB.xml located at a specific place?

The TV Show 24 is on my L:\ Drive (External) hooked to my PC, and shared via XBMC

Again, its probably my stupidity, so sorry in advance!

It was definately a Bug it's been fixed in version 2.22

Download version 2.22

- buzzra - 2008-06-15

I have downloaded V2.22. When I run it, The window is so large, I cannot see the buttons at the bottom. Re-sizing the window does not make any difference. My screen resolution is 1024x768. I have tried on different machines at the same resolution with the same results. Does the program REQUIRE a higher resolution for some reason or am I doing something wrong? It does work if i up the resolution to 1280x1024, but that is too small on my laptop and not the native resolution.

Thanks for the great work!

buzz

- Art_Vandelay - 2008-07-10

Same thing here. My monitor size is 1024 x 768 and I can't see any of the buttons. My monitor/pc doesn't go any higher. How is everyone seing the buttons? Huh

- PrimusZa1 - 2008-07-11

billyad2000: is there a way to fix a problem I noticed in the last version?
In the newly created NFO in the <trailer> category. It leaves out characters that the VideoDB has thus making the link invalid. here's an example from the 2:

Created NFO:

<trailer>http://www.totaleclips.com/Player/Bounce.aspx?eclipid=e11640&bitrateid=314&vendorid=102&type=.flv</trailer>

VideoDB:

<trailer>http://www.totaleclips.com/Player/Bounce.aspx?eclipid=e11640&amp;bitrateid=314&amp;vendorid=102&amp;type=.flv</trailer>

I've already hand edited my nfo's but it would be a nice fix for a future release if there is going to be one. Thanks in advance and If I didn't already say so its a nice piece of work as it stands.

- run088 - 2008-09-02

Does the music part work?It keeps telling me invalid musicdb.xml.

- billyad2000 - 2008-09-06

Sorry about the delays on this, i've been spending most of my time on Media Companion

Version 2.23 of the xml extract program is available and it has a page on my website - See my sig

buzzra Wrote:I have downloaded V2.22. When I run it, The window is so large, I cannot see the buttons at the bottom. Re-sizing the window does not make any difference. My screen resolution is 1024x768. I have tried on different machines at the same resolution with the same results. Does the program REQUIRE a higher resolution for some reason or am I doing something wrong? It does work if i up the resolution to 1280x1024, but that is too small on my laptop and not the native resolution.

Thanks for the great work!

buzz

Art_Vandelay Wrote:Same thing here. My monitor size is 1024 x 768 and I can't see any of the buttons. My monitor/pc doesn't go any higher. How is everyone seing the buttons? Huh

In this version if you maximize the window and your screen is below a certain resolution then scrollbars are enabled.

PrimusZa1 Wrote:billyad2000: is there a way to fix a problem I noticed in the last version?
In the newly created NFO in the <trailer> category. It leaves out characters that the VideoDB has thus making the link invalid. here's an example from the 2:

Created NFO:

<trailer>http://www.totaleclips.com/Player/Bounce.aspx?eclipid=e11640&bitrateid=314&vendorid=102&type=.flv</trailer>

VideoDB:

<trailer>http://www.totaleclips.com/Player/Bounce.aspx?eclipid=e11640&amp;bitrateid=314&amp;vendorid=102&amp;type=.flv</trailer>

I've already hand edited my nfo's but it would be a nice fix for a future release if there is going to be one. Thanks in advance and If I didn't already say so its a nice piece of work as it stands.

Fixed

run088 Wrote:Does the music part work?It keeps telling me invalid musicdb.xml.

Music XMLs failed to load if they only had one album, now fixed.

- Trev - 2008-10-04

datafilehost link on your page to extract seperate nfo files is dead. any mirrors?

- billyad2000 - 2008-10-04

Trev Wrote:datafilehost link on your page to extract seperate nfo files is dead. any mirrors?
Its ok now