Kodi Community Forum
New .nfo creator for Windows - Need a bit of help - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: New .nfo creator for Windows - Need a bit of help (/showthread.php?tid=31511)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

- Gamester17 - 2008-03-20

Which program-language is this nfo creator coded in?, ...and do you plan to open source it?

- billyad2000 - 2008-03-20

miamiwice Wrote:awesome program, thanks a lot, the problem mine has, is it kept crashing on a movie that had & in the title. i delelted that out of my xml file, and ran it again, it crashed on the next movie it got to with & in the title. Do you think it has a problem with movies with & in the title, or any symbols at all? Should I just go change all the & to and, do you think that would make it work? thanks, ive been wanting something like this for a long time now.

This is not a problem i've been able to duplicate, It seems to work fine for me with & in the filename. are you using the most up to date version
Latest version 1.92 The only way I can get an error like this is if I try to create a file with illegal characters in, namely \ / " : * ? | < > are any of these contained in your xml filename.
or equally the filename could contain special xml characters which are translated into illegal characters:-
&lt; is converted to <
&gt; is converted to >
&quot; is converted to "
these all contain the & symbol

R111 Wrote:also, when videodb.xml already content "minutes" it will change it to "minutesutes"
SleepyP already pointed this one out. To be honest I didn't think it would effect anyone else but obviously I was wrong. It will be fixed at the next version.

Gamester17 Wrote:Which program-language is this nfo creator coded in?, ...and do you plan to open source it?
This is written in VB.net 2008
I'll make the source available to anyone that wants it. Just don't expect it to be overly pretty. This is my first attempt at any kind of programme in over a decade and im only now starting to get the hang of the .net syntax.

- SleepyP - 2008-03-20

hehe, I have been a bit less active on here cuz the IT dept banned xbmc.org from the proxy, so until I figure out a way around it, I can't go on here from work anymores Sad Anyways, I'll try to find any other bugs ASAP Tongue Love the progress this thing has been making!

- KidKiwi - 2008-03-21

billyad2000 Wrote:Yes the DB will be populated from an available nfo file if it is available, thus saving the need for rescraping the information.

If your xml is only showing 1 imdb link for the thumbnail on imdb, then while the program will work fine, it it does mean that the movie was scraped with an older scraper. Newer scrapers get many thumbs from several locations including impawards and movieposterdb hence the ability to be able to select between the multiple thumbs. The actors section also contans a similar <thumbnail> tag with a link to an image of the actor.

When you choose to change thumb in the XBMC movie info screen then it is the url from these thumbs that are loaded up. If you are storing these thumbs localy as tbn files and you are happy with the chosen thumb then you can strip this tag from your nfo's as it is not needed. Just check the strip <thumb> tag to remove this line from your nfo.

Thx for your help - makes more sense now. Yes...I"m using an older version of XBMC - so I guess that accounts for the single IMDB thumb. I've just setup the latest version to trial before I upgrade.

So...just to clarify...if I have my thumbs setup locally as ".tbn", then I "DON'T" need a thumb location in the nfo file - because XBMC supposedly looks for the tbn first. Thx.

- billyad2000 - 2008-03-21

KidKiwi Wrote:So...just to clarify...if I have my thumbs setup locally as ".tbn", then I "DON'T" need a thumb location in the nfo file - because XBMC supposedly looks for the tbn first. Thx.

Thats right.

Version 1.93 is now available to download

Link

Several bugfixes

A seperate option has been added to seperate actors<thumb> to movie<thumb> in the last version selecting remove movie<thumb> removed them all.

Anyone who has already renamed min to minutes will no longer get the minutesutes error Big Grin

And finally their have been a couple of people who seem to be having problems with this program. I'm not 100% as to the cause since i'm not getting any much feedback and I can't duplicate the errors, but I have a few suspicions. Please try this version and let me know.

- miamiwice - 2008-03-21

thanks, ill try this, i tried 1.92 on 2 different computers, and as far as i know, i dont have any illegal characters, unless the scraper put them in. Ill let you knowhow it goes, thx again.

- miamiwice - 2008-03-21

that one ran all the way through this time, awesome job. Im sure youre making a lot of fans with this. My setup is i have a folder named the movie name, with separate vobs in it. all these are just onthe root of my drives, not in a main movie folder. should i put the nfo file for each into the folder with the vobs? and will xbmc automatically pick those up, or should i put all my movies into a movie folder, and put the corresponding folder with the nfo in there with it? thanks again.

miamiwice Wrote:that one ran all the way through this time, awesome job. Im sure youre making a lot of fans with this. My setup is i have a folder named the movie name, with separate vobs in it. all these are just onthe root of my drives, not in a main movie folder. should i put the nfo file for each into the folder with the vobs? and will xbmc automatically pick those up, or should i put all my movies into a movie folder, and put the corresponding folder with the nfo in there with it? thanks again.

Glad to hear that it's now working ok.Smile
There is probably a bug somewhere that causes the program under specific circumstances returns a sharename or filename with an illegal character. I have put filters in to check them, and remove these characters, which has obviously worked in your case. But unless I have examples of those lines of XML to work with then its impossible for me to find what is causing it.

I'm not certain of how XBMC deals with nfo files and DVD or VIDEO_TS folders, maybe you could try a few things and let us know what works
In my own case while I do have several DVDs stored on my network I store them as ISO's. Movie.iso, Movie.nfo, and Movie.tbn work fine.

- Microboot - 2008-03-21

Thanks for the changes Billyad it's working fine for me now that I can remove the $.

One thing I would like to request if it's not to much trouble is the ability to specify a top level folder and it automatically puts the nfo and tbn files in the appropriate sub-folder based on the file path in the xml file e.g.

I have my movies split into two folders under the same smb share called DVD's and Movies (I've listed the paths out of the XML file below).

smb://a;a:a@ip/Movies$/DVD's/Bring It On (2000)/Bring It On.avi
smb://a;a:a@ip/Movies$/Movies/Love Thy Neighbor/Love Thy Neighbor.avi

I'd like to be able to specify in your app that S:\Movies is the root of the file path so that it knows to put the tbn and nfo for "Bring It On (2000)" in the "S:\Movies\DVD's\Bring It On (2000)" folder.

I don't know if anybody else would find this useful and your app as it stands is great and will save me a lot of time but this change will save me even more Big Grin

- flamez - 2008-03-22

Has the .nfo feature been added to XBMC yet?

- miamiwice - 2008-03-22

would you like me to paste that part of my xml file?

- billyad2000 - 2008-03-22

miamiwice Wrote:would you like me to paste that part of my xml file?
That would be very helpful.

flamez Wrote:Has the .nfo feature been added to XBMC yet?
I'm not sure what you mean, but when you try to scrape a movie not in the db, if an nfo file exists then it grabs the data from there rather than imdb etc

- KidKiwi - 2008-03-23

Thx billyad2000 for creating this program. Makes the creation of nfo files a breeze. I'm always thankful for such things because I don't know how to program and am always a little in awe of people who do. Wish I could do more, but that's life.

A couple of things I was wondering. Is it difficult to make the program remember Input/output directories/locations?

Also, is it possible for the program to create a log that it can scan so that the next time you create nfo's you only output new titles (only the ones added since the last nfo creation)? Perhaps a 2 log process - one for the last scan, a different named one for the new scan (Or the option to give it a specific name). A check box could be added to the interface for full output or only new title output. Using several logs would allow for them to be archived for future reference.

I don't know if this is feasible or not. Thx again.

- spiff - 2008-03-25

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=176345#post176345