Kodi Community Forum
New .nfo creator for Windows - Need a bit of help - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: New .nfo creator for Windows - Need a bit of help (/showthread.php?tid=31511)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

- djdafreund - 2008-03-26

I think he's asking if nfo Import/Export functionality has been added to XBMC, which no it hasn't. It's still in the air of how to effectively and efficiantly add it. This program works great for now though til that is done in time.
So, i wanted to ask Billyad2000, are you going to add TV Series once we've all tested Spiff's addition/attempt and find it working fine? Or will you prefer to wait til it's been added to the trunk itself. I'm about to try his separate diff and build an xbox version to try out myself. And am so thankful that he took on project of adding it, since so many of us have been waiting for something like this to happen. THanks again Spiff!!!! Grumpy or not, we love ya man!!!

- billyad2000 - 2008-03-27

I will definately be adding tvshow info support to this program, I am currently tidying up the current code, it's gotten quite messy over recent versions, but then i've just got a few small things to work out before I can start on the implementation.

As for when, I'm not quite sure.
On one hand I want to be doing this very soon, to encourage people to install and test spiff's diff, On the other hand, if I do, will people install spiff's patch and forget about the feedback part. I'll have to have a think about it.
Ultimately it's the users who will decide whether or not this great feature is included in XBMC.

BTW, I've read posts by people proposing that nfo files could be shared, I think this would be a great idea, maybe someone could look into setting up an FTP server for this purpose.

- Razor_109 - 2008-03-29

I'm still figuring out how to name or place the .tbn so the scraper will automaticly picks them and adds the thumbnails to the library.

At the moment i have the .tbn next to my .avi with the same filenames:

\D\Movies\Movie.avi
\D\Movies\Movie.tbn
\D\Movies\Movie.nfo

The .Nfo is being picked up nice, but the thumbnail is still being downloaded from the net

Any idea's on this?

- billyad2000 - 2008-03-29

Razor_109 Wrote:I'm still figuring out how to name or place the .tbn so the scraper will automaticly picks them and adds the thumbnails to the library.

At the moment i have the .tbn next to my .avi with the same filenames:

\D\Movies\Movie.avi
\D\Movies\Movie.tbn
\D\Movies\Movie.nfo

The .Nfo is being picked up nice, but the thumbnail is still being downloaded from the net

Any idea's on this?

That file layout is perfect, I'm not sure what the problem is.

Did you select the tag to strip the moviethumbs tag from the nfo file, If the nfo contains movie thumbnail urls then maybe XBMC automatically uses them.

Let me know either way.

New Version Now Available - billyad2000 - 2008-03-29

Hi everyone, here is another update

It's more in the nature of a transition than anything else, and I wasn't going to upload at this point but there have been a few large modifications over the last week and I need this version to be tested more thoroughly than I can on my own.

The biggest change has been to the method of creating the savepath for the nfo files.
The XML is parsed and you now have the option to store each seperate path (upto 9 different paths), in a different location (The idea was to allow people to save nfo's and thumbs, directly to the correct folder). It seems to work ok but I would like people to test it out.

People who have each movie stored in its own folder also have the option to save the nfo and tbn directly to that movies folder. This option has to be selected before the videodb.xml is loaded. This allows the last part of the path(directoryname) to be stripped from the path while the xml is parsed for share roots.

Oviously the above only works for files stored locally on the machine the program is running on. If any files stored elsewhere such as on the XBox or on a NAS then the user will still be able to browse and select the location to store the nfo files and then transfer them manually. (In the case of a NAS running SMB then a network filepath would work OK)

Work on the TV nfo export is coming along and the first version should be ready within the next 10 days or so.

Download Version 1.94

All feedback as usual is appreciated Wink

- Razor_109 - 2008-03-29

Get an error when loading the XML..

Cannot select the Movie Paths afterwards (right collum is just empty)

Errorlog: http://www.pastebin.ca/962588

- billyad2000 - 2008-03-30

Razor_109 Wrote:Get an error when loading the XML..

Cannot select the Movie Paths afterwards (right collum is just empty)

Errorlog: http://www.pastebin.ca/962588

Just a few questions:

Approximately how many different sharepaths do you have?
and Do you have your each movie file stored in it's own folder, if so, did you check the box before loading the XML?

Either way, Try this one Version 1.95

- djdafreund - 2008-03-30

Uh-oh. I see music nfo support next now. LOL.

- Loto_Bak - 2008-03-31

Great app billy, thanks for the hard work.

I've having issues though. v1.95
First, I have my nfos stored on a linux based samba server. This server supports different characters in filenames than windows(fat32) does. Currently if the nfos are written to a filesystem that does not supports characters the program will crash. Some error handling may be in order. Perhaps the program should recommend writing to the share directly so the same charset is supported.

Second when I try and dump .nfos it dumps most properly. another 270(out of approx 700) or so are dumped on my desktop.
The program returns 'all done' and the target directories are populated. But not all nfos are there. These missing nfos are dumped on my desktop.
If I change the 'backup folder' to, for example /desktop/nfo/ the nfo files are named 'nfoEnemy at the Gates.nfo' and are located on my desktop

Another question... in your app
[code]check or uncheck the boxes of tags you wish to be stripped at processing[code]
check OR uncheck... huh? Which one is it?
so if the box is checked that tag IS stripped?

Perhaps something like "Strip the following Tags at Processing" would be much more clear. I think everyone knows how to check and uncheck a checkbox Smile

If you'd like a copy of the xml dump of my DB give me a PM and I'll email it. I have nowhere to host it at the moment. Its 7.41mb

Thanks again,
Let me know if I can assist any other way.

- Razor_109 - 2008-03-31

billyad2000 Wrote:Just a few questions:

Approximately how many different sharepaths do you have?
and Do you have your each movie file stored in it's own folder, if so, did you check the box before loading the XML?

Either way, Try this one Version 1.95

Sorry.. think i forgot to check that box..

works now when i check the box.... when i dont i still get the error though..

looks like it works perfect further..

thanks and sorry for the late reply

- Razor_109 - 2008-03-31

Had one additional question about the plans for this project,

I really like this tool and it works like a charm atm.. i have a .nfo file for all my movies now.

But when i want to add a new movie, the only way seems to add it in XBMC using the scraper, Export database and then parse XML and the .nfo will be created..

Are you planning in the future to some kind of port the XBMC-Scraper to your tool to just directly make a .nfo or not?

I know it will be a lot of extra work and adding TV-Show support now will be the first thing to go for.. but i was just wondering about the future Wink

- billyad2000 - 2008-03-31

Loto_Bak Wrote:Great app billy, thanks for the hard work.

I've having issues though. v1.95
First, I have my nfos stored on a linux based samba server. This server supports different characters in filenames than windows(fat32) does. Currently if the nfos are written to a filesystem that does not supports characters the program will crash. Some error handling may be in order. Perhaps the program should recommend writing to the share directly so the same charset is supported.

Second when I try and dump .nfos it dumps most properly. another 270(out of approx 700) or so are dumped on my desktop.
The program returns 'all done' and the target directories are populated. But not all nfos are there. These missing nfos are dumped on my desktop.
If I change the 'backup folder' to, for example /desktop/nfo/ the nfo files are named 'nfoEnemy at the Gates.nfo' and are located on my desktop

Another question... in your app
[code]check or uncheck the boxes of tags you wish to be stripped at processing[code]
check OR uncheck... huh? Which one is it?
so if the box is checked that tag IS stripped?

Perhaps something like "Strip the following Tags at Processing" would be much more clear. I think everyone knows how to check and uncheck a checkbox Smile

If you'd like a copy of the xml dump of my DB give me a PM and I'll email it. I have nowhere to host it at the moment. Its 7.41mb

Thanks again,
Let me know if I can assist any other way.

Version 1.96 should address most of your problems. The program shouldn't crash anymore if a file cant be written. The Backup folder is compulsory now and if their is a problem with a file then it will be saved there. The error with the missing "\" causing the nfomovie.nfo bug has been fixed.

"check or uncheck the boxes of tags you wish to be stripped at processing"
has been replace by
"Please Check The Boxes of Tags You Wish To Be Stripped At Processing"
Sometimes you look at something so often you dont see it Smile

Razor_109 Wrote:Had one additional question about the plans for this project,

I really like this tool and it works like a charm atm.. i have a .nfo file for all my movies now.

But when i want to add a new movie, the only way seems to add it in XBMC using the scraper, Export database and then parse XML and the .nfo will be created..

Are you planning in the future to some kind of port the XBMC-Scraper to your tool to just directly make a .nfo or not?

I know it will be a lot of extra work and adding TV-Show support now will be the first thing to go for.. but i was just wondering about the future Wink

I think I've fixed the bug that caused the crash when you failed to check the box, movies stored in individual folders. Would you check it for me please.

A scraper is certainly a possibility, but to be honest I haven't the first idea how to go about programming one, but who knows.

Here it is :- Version 1.96
Big Grin

- Loto_Bak - 2008-04-01

Thanks for the very quick fixes billy...

Still encountering issues.
The app keeps dumping nfos to my 'backup' directory.
The directories it writing to are completely empty and the app should be creating the full directory structure.
Some nfos are written.... some are not.

Is there any sort of logging I can enable to find out why its not able to write these? Perhaps if it could even just dump to a .log file it would be very useful to me.

In general the message upon completion is very misleading. Although in my case some files were unwritable I still get a 'all done' message.

As well the app exits when completed which is a pain in the ass for me when im trying to test this thing and have to fill in five paths everytime I want to test. Perhaps the app could save previously used paths in a configuration file?
This would be useful to testers and end users alike

Thanks again
Loto

- billyad2000 - 2008-04-01

Loto_Bak, You've got pm
I should be able to see whats happening better once I've got your videodb.xml.

A config file is on my list of things to do and should be added shortly.

I am also looking at the possibility of including an error log.

- Loto_Bak - 2008-04-01

Sent

Forgot to mention that the directory structure contains characters unsupported by NTFS/FAT32 and will not be able to write to your filesystem. (I write directly to a ext3 filesystem via SMB)

If you run into issues do a find/replace on the problem characters in the .xml