Kodi Community Forum
New .nfo creator for Windows - Need a bit of help - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: New .nfo creator for Windows - Need a bit of help (/showthread.php?tid=31511)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

- Loto_Bak - 2008-04-01

ah shit
PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 17): 552 Message size exceeds fixed maximum message size: 10485760 byte
odd tho because the attachment is only 7.4mb

Ill see if i cant find somewhere to dump it after work

- jaredharley - 2008-04-02

Loto_Bak Wrote:Ill see if i cant find somewhere to dump it after work

If you've got a .net/Live account, you can use the new SkyDrive. It's 5 GB online storage, and if you want to share something, just put it in the public folder and then send someone the link.

- Loto_Bak - 2008-04-02

already taken care of, but thanks anyways. (billy you have a PM)

Now....
Lets get back on topic Smile

- billyad2000 - 2008-04-02

@Loto_Bak, Thanx for your help. The problem was with stacked movies. The path tag is quite different for these movies and needs some extra processing. I had forgot to implement this for files been stored in their own folder. It should work OK now.

For everyones information, the way my program deals with stacked movies is far from perfect. It uses " , " (Thats SPACE COMMA SPACE) and cuts the string at that point then works out the path as normal. This will work OK except in instances of a filename or folder which includes " , ". These will be saved in the backup folder.

I am working with Windows XP and had no problem with illegal characters. I can't see why anybody else would.

IMPORTANT
From this point on then people encountering problems with the output of their XML must make a copy available to me for debugging purposes. The above is the reason why, I spent many hours trying to guess what the problem was, uploading what I thought may be fixes, when really I was wasting my time. When the full XML was made available to me it took one run through my copy to see what the problem was then about 20minutes to fix.
It is fine to edit out any security information and passwords.

Version 1.97

As always, feedback is good

- Loto_Bak - 2008-04-03

appears to be working well billy, thanks for the quick response. Great little app youve got going.

I cant find any major bugs.
The UI could use fine tuning but I'm sure your concentrating on functionality first Smile
Looking forward to TV nfo.
I may finaly have to tackle that beast thanks to YOU Stare Sad

Laugh hehe Laugh

- timdog82001 - 2008-04-04

I too am looking forward to TV nfos Big Grin In the meantime, i'm gonna give this a whirl...

- billyad2000 - 2008-04-05

Support for TV show nfo's is now included.

This version offers basic tv nfo output but offers no extras yet, for example at the moment there are no formatting options for tv nfo files whatsoever.

You can choose to enable nfo's for TV shows or movies, or both

TV shows at the moment will only be saved within one root of your choosing.
Within this root, TV shows are saved keeping the correct paths, For example:-
If you were to have a directory named Red Dwarf then subfolders for each season then the files would be saved as follows

Red Dwarf\tvshow.nfo
Red Dwarf\Season1\episode1.nfo
Red Dwarf\Season1\episode2.nfo etc

the episode.nfo's are all named correctly the same as the media files with the nfo extension.

In addition to the above there is now an option to remember all path's that are entered. If this option is checked then a config.xml file is created in the same folder that the nfo export executable is located. If the config.xml file exists then the program will use i by default. At the moment it only contains the file paths but this could be extended to include all other options fairly easily.

I would appreciate people letting me know what options they would like for TV shows. I'll start incorporating them over the next few versions.

Download it here

And finally, a big thanks to spiff for adding nfo support for tv shows to XBMC

- djdafreund - 2008-04-05

The thumbnail browser function isn't working for me. It shows the big dialog box mentioning what's going to happen next with it showing multiple images to choose from, along with a "Cancel, and Next" at the bottom, and another small dialog window saying "All done. -OK" and can't click anything in the big window, other then hitting 'OK' on the small one after the main xml parsing, and as soon as i hit "OK", it exits out of the program back to the explorer window.
I am running Windows XP Pro x64. I already tried 'XP Compatibility Mode' so far. Using last nights SVN build i made and exported a new db using that.

-I'm choosing 'Export TV Shows and Movies'.
-Using NFO default settings {<thumb>(Movies) } isn't checked.
-Root directory of movie paths is "f:\XBMC DB NFO Maker\Movies\" (where i want to put the finished created files.
-I want to browse all thumbs is selected.
-Backup Path is "f:\XBMC DB NFO Maker\" (just for testing)
-TV Shows directory path is "f:\XBMC DB NFO Maker\TV Shows\" (but the program create's "XBMC DB NFO MakerSeason1","XBMC DB NFO MakerSeason2-19" and so forth directories at the same directory level as the f:\XBMC DB NFO Maker subdirectory, meaning all are in the same directory.

-All the finished movie NFO's are written to the main f:\XBMC DB NFO Maker directory instead of f:\XBMC DB NFO Maker\Movies, which the program shouldn't have had any problems writing to the f:\XBMC DB NFO Maker\Movies directory i made.
-All the "f:\XBMC DB NFO MakerSeason1-18" each have all 101-1?? files all up to the highest number of whatever tv show goes up to.
IE-f:\XBMC DB NFO MakerSeason1\ '101 102 - Encounter at Farpoint.nfo' (Star Trek), '101 - Cartman Gets an Anal Probe_www.m.nfo' (South Park), '101 - Death has a Shadow.nfo' (Family Guy), '101 - Genesis.nfo (Heroes)', f:\XBMC DB NFO MakerSeason2\ etc., etc.

I just know if this is normal, since it doesn't save anything to the selected f:\XBMC DB NFO Maker\TV Shows directory i chose. I might be not totally understanding how this works maybe?

A
djdafreund Wrote:The thumbnail browser function isn't working for me. It shows the big dialog box mentioning what's going to happen next with it showing multiple images to choose from, along with a "Cancel, and Next" at the bottom, and another small dialog window saying "All done. -OK" and can't click anything in the big window, other then hitting 'OK' on the small one after the main xml parsing, and as soon as i hit "OK", it exits out of the program back to the explorer window.
I am running Windows XP Pro x64. I already tried 'XP Compatibility Mode' so far. Using last nights SVN build i made and exported a new db using that.

-I'm choosing 'Export TV Shows and Movies'.
-Using NFO default settings {<thumb>(Movies) } isn't checked.
-Root directory of movie paths is "f:\XBMC DB NFO Maker\Movies\" (where i want to put the finished created files.
-I want to browse all thumbs is selected.
-Backup Path is "f:\XBMC DB NFO Maker\" (just for testing)
-TV Shows directory path is "f:\XBMC DB NFO Maker\TV Shows\" (but the program create's "XBMC DB NFO MakerSeason1","XBMC DB NFO MakerSeason2-19" and so forth directories at the same directory level as the f:\XBMC DB NFO Maker subdirectory, meaning all are in the same directory.

-All the finished movie NFO's are written to the main f:\XBMC DB NFO Maker directory instead of f:\XBMC DB NFO Maker\Movies, which the program shouldn't have had any problems writing to the f:\XBMC DB NFO Maker\Movies directory i made.
-All the "f:\XBMC DB NFO MakerSeason1-18" each have all 101-1?? files all up to the highest number of whatever tv show goes up to.
IE-f:\XBMC DB NFO MakerSeason1\ '101 102 - Encounter at Farpoint.nfo' (Star Trek), '101 - Cartman Gets an Anal Probe_www.m.nfo' (South Park), '101 - Death has a Shadow.nfo' (Family Guy), '101 - Genesis.nfo (Heroes)', f:\XBMC DB NFO MakerSeason2\ etc., etc.

I just know if this is normal, since it doesn't save anything to the selected f:\XBMC DB NFO Maker\TV Shows directory i chose. I might be not totally understanding how this works maybe?

I've checked and comfirmed that the moviethumb browser is broke at the moment.
nfo's for TV files stored on the XBMC are being not being saved to the selected folders but to the root.
I'll upload a fix for these later today.

As for the movies not being saved to the correct path, i'm not sure why. This part of the program is unchanged. I will look into it once someone who has the error makes their videodb.xml available to me for testing

- spiff - 2008-04-05

please consider adding album and artist nfo file support as well kthx

Version 1.99 is ready
Here

Changes since 1.98
Movie Thumbnail Browser Fixed
TV Shows With Path On XBMC Harddisk Should Now Process Correctly
Remember Paths (config) Is Enabled By Default
Default Path Is Now Set To Application Root
Checkbox to Strip Movie Thumbnails Is Now Checked Automatically When An Option To Create Movie.tbn Is Selected. This is because the default behaviour is to get thumbnails from available url before movie.tbn

What am i doing next
I will continue fixing bugs as they come in. Please remember that for some bugs I will need a copy of your videodb.xml. The program is simply becoming too large to be just guessing at the reason for a fault.
Add thumbnail support for tvshows episodes and series folders. I think this will be an automated scan (at least for the episode screenshots) since for the vast majority their is only one url.
Adding formatting options for TV nfo files(Could do with some feedback here about what options to add)

spiff Wrote:please consider adding album and artist nfo file support as well kthx

How can I possibly say no Smile

I'll have to look into how the music library works because i've not used it myself but it shouldn't be a problem. Once I've gotten TV shows and options fully implemented then i'll start on it.

- djdafreund - 2008-04-06

Everything is working great now, thanks for those fixes. They worked. Great job, and thanks a bunch.

- jaredharley - 2008-04-06

Stupid "bug", but I downloaded 1.99 and the title of the program window says NFO Export 1.93

- billyad2000 - 2008-04-06

Version 2.0 is here, it now has TV show support implemented to my satisfaction.

TV Show Thumbnails
Thumbnail support has now been added, although only in an automated sense.
If selected in the options then Episode thumbnails are downloaded automatically and placed with the episode.tbn

TV show and season thumbs are dealt with differently. If the option to download these is selected then all available thumbs in this catagory are saved in the root folder of the tvshow as "folder.jpg", "folder2.jpg", folder3.jpg", "folder4.jpg" etc etc. The reason for this is that it would be difficult to know which image is for the TV show and which for the Series, is it a banner etc. I used "folder.jpg" just to make it easier for people to browse them on a windows machine. Once they know what they want then they can either place them in the appropriate folder as folder.jpg or rename them as tvshow.tbn.

TV Show nfo Formatting
The choices for formatting tvshow nfo files are as follows
Strip Tags:-
<rating>
<year>
<top250>
<votes>
<outline>
<tagline>
<runtime>
<thumb>
<mpaa>
<watched>
<file>
<path>
<id>
<filenameandpath>
<genre>
<premiered>
<status>
<code>
<aired>
<studio>
<album>

Additional options include:-

Remove xml padding
Remove tags which contain no data
Overwrite existing files

jaredharley Wrote:Stupid "bug", but I downloaded 1.99 and the title of the program window says NFO Export 1.93
I've fixed that, Version No, has been removed from everywhere except the "about" form.

Version 2.0 Download

I am now looking at adding nfo support for music albums and artists. The problem I have for this is that I don't use XBMC for music. What I need is for a person or persons with a well populated music database to let me have a copy of their musicdb.xml. If you are willing to do this the pleas PM me. Many Thanx.

- timdog82001 - 2008-04-06

just a small typo but in the tv shows section, it says "Please Select rhe root folder...." at the bottom...misspelled "the"