Kodi Community Forum
New .nfo creator for Windows - Need a bit of help - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: New .nfo creator for Windows - Need a bit of help (/showthread.php?tid=31511)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

- timdog82001 - 2008-04-06

I'm getting an error almost immediately after I start my scan. The problem appears to be with recognizing the '&' character at anything but the tv show level. The error pops up saying that it couldn't find part of the path for adding an episode nfo. here's the error details: http://pastebin.ca/974598

It says near the beginning: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\TV\Comedy\Sons & Daughters\Sons Daughters - Season 1\Sons Daughters - 101 - Anniversary Party.nfo'.

Which is true, that path doesn't exist, because for some reason it left out the '&' between 'sons' and 'daughters' in both the season folder name as well as the file name, though it appears correctly at the tv show level. I checked the videodb.xml and it lists the paths correctly there. The correct path should be: 'C:\TV\Comedy\Sons & Daughters\Sons & Daughters - Season 1\Sons & Daughters - 101 - Anniversary Party.nfo'

Here's a link to download my videodb.xml if needed: http://rapidshare.com/files/105429480/videodb.xml.html

One other thing I just noticed is that if i look at the code in the .nfo file the program spit out for the series in question, Sons & Daughters, the episodeguide entry seems to list the opening and closing parts twice. Here's what it looks like:

Code:
<episodeguide><episodeguide><url cache=79249.xml>http://www.thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/79249/all/en.zip</url></episodeguide></episodeguide>

- djdafreund - 2008-04-07

CHeck your PM about my music DB.

Also, i'm getting a crash also right after starting to scan the DB.

http://pastebin.com/d978dd46

- billyad2000 - 2008-04-07

Version 2.01

timdog82001 Wrote:It says near the beginning: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\TV\Comedy\Sons & Daughters\Sons Daughters - Season 1\Sons Daughters - 101 - Anniversary Party.nfo'.

Which is true, that path doesn't exist, because for some reason it left out the '&' between 'sons' and 'daughters' in both the season folder name as well as the file name, though it appears correctly at the tv show level. I checked the videodb.xml and it lists the paths correctly there. The correct path should be: 'C:\TV\Comedy\Sons & Daughters\Sons & Daughters - Season 1\Sons & Daughters - 101 - Anniversary Party.nfo'
This issue is now fixed.
timdog82001 Wrote:One other thing I just noticed is that if i look at the code in the .nfo file the program spit out for the series in question, Sons & Daughters, the episodeguide entry seems to list the opening and closing parts twice. Here's what it looks like:

Code:
<episodeguide><episodeguide><url cache=79249.xml>http://www.thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/79249/all/en.zip</url></episodeguide></episodeguide>
The exported xml shows
Code:
<episodeguide>&lt;episodeguide&gt;&lt;
When the special characters are translated then the output would be: <episodeguide><episodeguide> As far as I know this is correct.

timdog82001 Wrote:just a small typo but in the tv shows section, it says "Please Select rhe root folder...." at the bottom...misspelled "the"
Typo Fixed Smile

@djdafreund, please try this version

- djdafreund - 2008-04-07

Yeah, so far it's working great now (big library). Thanks for the fixes!!! This is such a usefull tool. Since it uses the config.xml file to save the user time by remembering the directory locations, could it not still ask where to point to your DB file when you open the program each time if a config.xml exists to save more time? Since you have the option of changing locations still inside the program itself in case you change it. Or at least have an option choice inside the file to do this. (IE- <makedbdefault>1<makedbdefault> for yes and 0 for no) or something like that, or in options instead of file, whichever.
Since this will be updating info that's already there, it's only assumed a lot of us would be most likely using the same directories as well as same DB file frequently for the directory locations inside the config.xml file to be put into place from the start.

BTW- Just finished exporting while i wrote this, no errors, thanks again!!!

- snoxbox - 2008-04-08

I've just tried out the new version. Great work so far! I'm really impressed with both this and the new TV Show nfo support (thanks spiff).

I am however, getting a crash, but I believe it's a bug in the db export. Will investigate and report this later.

Anyway, thanks for your work!

- Mrrodz - 2008-04-11

Hi If any one is interested me and my brother have made a small bat file to create dummy avi files from a txt file. The idea behind it is to use the windows version of xbmc do scan all the files then you can export the videodb.xml to use the nfo creater all from the computer. Benifits of this is that the xbox dosent need to be on all the time, and some dont have the xbox connected to the net yet.

any way to create the txt file navigate to where all the movie files are and do:-

dir /b /on *.avi > avi.txt

copy this to a new folder then do a find and replace in notpad and remove all .avi in avi.txt

then copy this into a bat file and put it in the same folder as avi.txt:-

md avi
for /F "tokens=*" %%V in (avi.txt) do @ >Avi\%%V.avi con

now a new folder called avi will be made and all your dummy avi files will be in there to use in the windows version of xbmc. Export videoDB as you would normally then run the nfo creater .PS is shows up errors when you do this but still creates the files. This was worked a treat for me, just thought some one else might like it too

- BodgeIT - 2008-04-16

Problems with download site, can you repost?
Oo

- BodgeIT - 2008-04-16

Back online again...ta.

- Mrrodz - 2008-04-16

Hi at the moment when i get a new movie, i have to
A - Delete old video database file
B - Either use win xbmc or xboxmc to scrape new movie
C - Export to xml
D - use nfo to create tbn and nfo files
E - Coppy to movie source

i was wondering is there any window app that i can use to scrape the move straight into a xml file or something that nfo creater can read and jump straight to step D?

- billyad2000 - 2008-04-16

It's been a while since version 2.01; Time for an update I think.

Version 2.10 is now available.
Here

Changes since version 2.01

Config file handling has been rewritten and includes far more options (config files for older versions of this program will no longer work). The config.xml file is created and saved when the start button is clicked.

In the last version paths were stored <path1>, <path2> through to <path9>. These would then be loaded into the textboxes in that order. The problem with this that there was no guarantee that the order that the paths were stored within the exported xml would always be the same. To solve this the save-paths are now stored alongside the share-paths eg :-

<moviepath1>D:\Movies4\|smb://user:[email protected]/movies/</moviepath1>

As you can see the two paths are seperated by the "|" symbol.

Any number of paths can be added from any number of different xml files and they will all be stored. In theory, any path should only need to be input once.

Multiple path support has now been added for tvshows with all the same functionality of movies. They are stored within the config file in the same manner.

Exception handling should be a lot better now and an error log has been added.

The last exported videodb.xml to be used is stored within the config and automatically loaded when the program is started.

And finally -
Unless the option to overwrite is selected, all existing nfo's and thumbs are skipped, this includes the thumb browser. This allows for an easy way to update nfo files without processing the full xml.

First use
Step 1 - Export DB and transfer to PC
Step 2 - run program
Step 3 - load XML
Step 4 - select movies or tv or both
Step 5 - Input paths for given shares
Step 6 - select your preferred options for movies/tv
Step 7 - process
Step 8 - Browse For Thumbnails (Optional)

Subsequent Uses
Step 1 - Export DB and transfer to PC
Step 2 - run program
Step 3 - select movies or tv or both
Step 4 - process
Step 5 - Browse For Movie Thumbnails (Optional) - But only for files that don't already have a .tbn (Unless the overwrite option is selected)

Their is no need to keep deleting the db on xbmc - just scrape new files as needed then export the db. This program will only process for files that don't exist(Unless the overwrite option is selected)

spiff,
I'm looking at adding support for albums and artists now but I have a few questions.

There is no path or filename information stored within the musicdb.xml this would mean that all created nfo files would need to be stored in a set location and it will not be possible to save them directly to the correct album folder. The album.nfo files will have to be copied manually by the user to the correct album directory.
Where are the artist.nfo's to be stored?

what is the naming convention for the nfo files - Is it just :-

"Foo Fighters.nfo" for the artist
and
"The Colour and the Shape.nfo" for the album

If this is the case then I will need to use two save paths - one for artists and one for albums - this will be needed when an album has the same name as the artist.

I have noticed in the musicdb.xml you provided that the album <thumbs></thumbs> is duplicated for each album - each tag containing the same path. The same goes for the <biography> tag in the artists xml, Is this a bug.

- spiff - 2008-04-17

currently the idea is an

artist/artist.nfo
artist/album1/album.nfo
artist/album2/album.nfo
etc

layout. that is fixed file name. i'm willing to improve on it, but havent gotten any feedback on it yet and thats how i store my stuff

file names in tool - ardent - 2008-04-17

Hi,

I noticed some of the file names generated for the thumbnails are in capitals, while others aren't. I don't think it matters overall, but i found it odd.

Any thoughts?

- billyad2000 - 2008-04-17

spiff Wrote:currently the idea is an

artist/artist.nfo
artist/album1/album.nfo
artist/album2/album.nfo
etc

layout. that is fixed file name. i'm willing to improve on it, but havent gotten any feedback on it yet and thats how i store my stuff
I should be able to make that system work, however without path information all files will have to be copied to the correct folder manually(Unless the album and artist folder names are identical to the tags contained in the XML and stored within the same root directory.

You never mentioned about the duplicated fields:-
I have noticed in the musicdb.xml you provided that the album <thumbs></thumbs> is duplicated for each album - each tag containing the same path. The same goes for the <biography> tag in the artists xml, Is this a bug.

ardent Wrote:Hi,

I noticed some of the file names generated for the thumbnails are in capitals, while others aren't. I don't think it matters overall, but i found it odd.

Any thoughts?
This program gets the filenames directly from the extracted xml. If the filenames are in caps then thats the way they are within the XML - look within the <filenameandpath> tag to check the filename of effected movies.

Mrrodz Wrote:Hi at the moment when i get a new movie, i have to
A - Delete old video database file
C - Export to xml
E - Coppy to movie source

i was wondering is there any window app that i can use to scrape the move straight into a xml file or something that nfo creater can read and jump straight to step D?

The only steps needed now are
C - Export to xml

If you set the paths to the location of the movies or tv shows (You only have to set them once), then you wont have copy them to movie source. The only exception to this is when the moviepath is inaccessible to your PC (Such as on the XBox)

- billyad2000 - 2008-04-23

Version 2.20 is now available, Download it here

I am assuming that version 2.10 worked fine since I have recieved no feedback to the contrary.

Support for music nfo files has now been implemented as far as is possible at the moment.

On the first menu screen an option has been added to load a seperate musicdb.xml, and a seperate music tab has also been added.
The music xml path and music root folder path are saved within the config file and if available are loaded when the program starts.

The files are created as specified by spiff as follows:-

artist/artist.nfo
artist/artist.tbn
artist/album1/album.nfo
artist/album1/album.tbn
artist/album2/album.nfo
artist/album2/album.tbn

The Artist and Album names are taken from the Album and Artist Tags within the xml. These names are not filenames and may contain illegal characters - these will be stripped out, as will trailing periods.

Because their is no path information within the XML it is not possible at the moment to save artist and album nfo's to different shares.

If any formatting options are required then please let me know.

- sho - 2008-04-24

How about Music Videos support?