RunXM - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-ons Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: RunXM (/showthread.php?tid=31960)
- bronco28 - 2009-12-14 22:09
I hope you can fix it - i have used this regularly and certainly would miss it. Just wanted to post so you know that people were using it!
Thanks in advance for your help.
- rollins215 - 2009-12-14 22:14
Agreed, I use this often as well, good luck if work is being done on it! It's greatly appreciated.
- calvin8714 - 2009-12-14 23:39
Just a quick update... I got pretty frustrated on trying to get this to work. After a while on cooling off, I've gotten to the point where I am logging in to XM Radio's online service, but the script is getting stuck at the point where it would retrieve the address for streaming. I'm slowly getting back to operational, but it will probably be a little longer before it's 100%.
Got to the address to stream, but for whatever reason it is not streaming. Since it's not streaming I can't test the artist/song title. One step at a time....
- rollins215 - 2009-12-15 14:42
Calvin, thanks SO MUCH for persevering on this! I'm the same way, when I can't get something to work, I just leave it for a bit. Usually when I come back I see a new angle and make some progress.
- calvin8714 - 2009-12-15 17:22
KACHOW!! Streaming up and running! Uploading changes to my website listed underneath next, I'll update the RunXM website once it's uploaded. I'll be making the rounds to websites to make the changes as well. In my testings, I've found XM is no longer sending album titles, so I'm removing the album cover feature temporarily until I can find a suitable replacement search for this, as well as the biography feature since yahoo has changed their layout again.
at least it's back up though! (i didn't make any changes to the channel listings, by the way. i got to thinking, 10 days from now i'd just have to change them back...)
now that i've rooted through XM radio's interface, I think in a later update, it can be possible to integrate a dynamically generated channel listing to ensure an up to date listing. i'd need to do a bit of research and testing to get this up and running, but if done, it would not require me to release an update whenever XM radio adjusts their channels, only updates to provide additional features.
- calvin8714 - 2009-12-15 18:31
Mehudsonme Wrote:I had been using runxm 1.5 with no issues at all since the XM / sirrus merger. I did pay for the high bandwidth stream and it was working fine yesterday.
Can you download the update I put up on the website and use it? It seems XM Radio now does the quality settings embedded within their website, so I just wanted to check to make sure that it works with the higher end streams as well. I only have access to the lower quality streams.
- rollins215 - 2009-12-15 20:07
Thanks you , thank you, thank you, it's working beautifully for me! =)
- bronco28 - 2009-12-17 03:00
running here too! Thanks! Any recommended cache settings to use?
- calvin8714 - 2009-12-18 19:50
sweet! nice to hear it's working for everyone!
bronco28 Wrote:running here too! Thanks! Any recommended cache settings to use?
I thought it was under System, but I can't seem to find the cache settings area in XBMC now. However, the audio caching in RunXM would fall under the "Unknown Internet Type" option, and I've kept that at 256kbps. However, you can hit the space bar to force playing during the buffering part in XBMC.
- calvin8714 - 2009-12-18 20:10
Two things as well:
1) I've got a semi-automatic XM radio script up within my website, and it's working. Originally I was thinking of having RunXM contact my website to open a script which then contacts XM Radio's server and downloads the listings whenever it is called for. Then I thought that having every person running RunXM calling this script may raise some flags on XM Radio's side. So, I've decided I would be the only one to update the listings from XM Radio's website, and any number of people can update their listings from my website. It's a while before it can be integrated into RunXM, however. Still a lot of work to do with removing the excess crap from there...
2) I've added a way to eliminate one step in the upgrade/installation process... there will only be one installation method starting with the next update. If you'd like to know, if the username/password file doesn't exist, the prompt to set the user name and password will appear on the first run, and it will create the login file. I don't think this small of a feature is urgent to post.