Kodi Community Forum
v19 Video ScreenSaver - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Look and feel (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=178)
+---- Thread: v19 Video ScreenSaver (/showthread.php?tid=319730)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Video ScreenSaver - Lunatixz - 2023-05-13

Please post log, thx

RE: Video ScreenSaver - jacaranadr - 2023-05-14

sure
https://paste.kodi.tv/utobevasoc.kodi

RE: Video ScreenSaver - jacaranadr - 2023-05-14

Line 815 seems to suggest i'm trying to open a file instead of an rtsp stream

RE: Video ScreenSaver - Lunatixz - 2023-05-14

(2023-05-14, 10:28)jacaranadr Wrote: Line 815 seems to suggest i'm trying to open a file instead of an rtsp stream

This strm plays fine outside of the screensaver? I ask because it looks like the saver already passed the strm to Kodi's videoplayer... any issues at this point are unrelated to the screensaver.

RE: Video ScreenSaver - ashlar - 2023-05-28

(2023-05-12, 07:23)Lunatixz Wrote: Are you running Kodi in window mode? Switch to Fullscreen.

Doesn't change anything. I still get asked if I want to save the resolution.

I note that the Aerial screensaver, that uses video playback as well, does not ask that question and works just fine.

RE: Video ScreenSaver - ashlar - 2023-07-25

Hi @Lunatixz I hope not to be obnoxious in asking if anything came to mind as to how to solve the problem.

The fact that Aerial screensaver does not exhibit the same behavior leads me to think that something must be different in the way the video player is called by the two screensavers. What do you think?

RE: Video ScreenSaver - Lunatixz - 2023-07-26

(2023-07-25, 22:09)ashlar Wrote: Hi @Lunatixz I hope not to be obnoxious in asking if anything came to mind as to how to solve the problem.

The fact that Aerial screensaver does not exhibit the same behavior leads me to think that something must be different in the way the video player is called by the two screensavers. What do you think?

I've never witnessed this behavior... It's hard to work around since I've never encountered it.
Can you enable debugging on both Kodi and the screensaver; send me the log after the resolution prompt displays, please select a resolution and try to initiate playback. Also a screenshot of the prompt could help, thx!

I reviewed Aerial code and playback/windows are handled similarly ..

RE: Video ScreenSaver - ashlar - 2023-07-27

(2023-07-26, 14:15)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2023-07-25, 22:09)ashlar Wrote: Hi @Lunatixz I hope not to be obnoxious in asking if anything came to mind as to how to solve the problem.

I've never witnessed this behavior... It's hard to work around since I've never encountered it.
Can you enable debugging on both Kodi and the screensaver; send me the log after the resolution prompt displays, please select a resolution and try to initiate playback. Also a screenshot of the prompt could help, thx!

This is requested log:

https://paste.kodi.tv/lanuviluca.kodi

Looking at it I have managed to devise a solution this time. The problem apparently stems from videos being 30fps and Kodi switching to 2160p30 (while the interface runs at 2160p60). If I whitelist only 60, 59, 50, 24 and 23Hz video modes, the message does not come out anymore.

I can later provide a picture of the error, in case you still have use for it.

I still think something is amiss here, because Aerial screensaver gets videos from Apple, and those are at 30fps too. Aerial screensaver simply does not try to switch refresh rate, even if 30Hz video mode is whitelisted and allow double refresh rate is disabled under Settings/System/Display.

RE: Video ScreenSaver - Lunatixz - 2023-07-27

(2023-07-27, 18:26)ashlar Wrote:
(2023-07-26, 14:15)Lunatixz Wrote:

This is requested log:

Looking at it I have managed to devise a solution this time. The problem apparently stems from videos being 30fps and Kodi switching to 2160p30 (while the interface runs at 2160p60). If I whitelist only 60, 59, 50, 24 and 23Hz video modes, the message does not come out anymore.

I still think something is amiss here, because Aerial screensaver gets videos from Apple, and those are at 30fps too. Aerial screensaver simply does not try to switch refresh rate, even if 30Hz video mode is whitelisted and allow double refresh rate is disabled under Settings/System/Display.
Thanks for the log; the only difference between the screensavers is Aerial is running in a windowed mode, where mine is fullscreen. This can probably be the source of your issue; however, it doesn't solve the underlying problem of what's going on.

::UPDATE::
Do you haveĀ "adjust refresh rate on video startup" enabled?

I'll make the change to run in windowed mode, I suspect you have a unique combination of video settings that is forcing the player to change resolution from the GUI causing the prompt to display. This isn't a common issue...

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/23559#event-9938970978
Please try v.1.1.3c in my beta repo, THX

RE: Video ScreenSaver - ashlar - 2023-07-27

(2023-07-27, 19:28)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2023-07-27, 18:26)ashlar Wrote:
(2023-07-26, 14:15)Lunatixz Wrote: I've never witnessed this behavior... It's hard to work around since I've never encountered it.

This is requested log:

Thanks for the log; the only difference between the screensavers is Aerial is running in a windowed mode, where mine is fullscreen. This can probably be the source of your issue; however, it doesn't solve the underlying problem of what's going on.

Do you haveĀ "adjust refresh rate on video startup" enabled?

I'll make the change to run in windowed mode, I suspect you have a unique combination of video settings that is forcing the player to change resolution from the GUI causing the prompt to display. This isn't a common issue...

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/23559#event-9938970978
Please try v.1.1.3c in my beta repo, THX
I am happy to report that the problem has been solved.

Thanks a lot for looking into this, solving a complicated and isolated case.

Edit: also, yes: I use adjust refresh rate on startup, having a TV that can handle all common framerates on video content.

RE: Video ScreenSaver - martinsvision - 2023-10-18

Im haveing a similar problem as everyone else is. Im on the latest version, tried everything in the past posts but no changes the thing that i see tho is the video shows that it is playing but just a black screen and time and date .. Did i miss something?

RE: Video ScreenSaver - ashlar - 2024-01-15

Hi @Lunatixz

I have a (hopefully) small request for this addon. Would it be possible to add an option to start videos from a random point inside the chosen video? Reason I ask is that I have some long ones and they always end up showing only the first portion of them.

This option was present in the old Video Screensaver addon, which prompted me to ask once I noticed this new one doesn't have it.

Thanks!

RE: Video ScreenSaver - ashlar - 2024-02-11

(2024-01-15, 16:12)ashlar Wrote: Hi @Lunatixz

I have a (hopefully) small request for this addon. Would it be possible to add an option to start videos from a random point inside the chosen video? Reason I ask is that I have some long ones and they always end up showing only the first portion of them.

This option was present in the old Video Screensaver addon, which prompted me to ask once I noticed this new one doesn't have it.

Thanks!
Any opinion on this request? The randomize option seems to simply pick a random video from a folder, what I was suggesting was to have random video with a random point. I have long videos I use and if they always start from the beginning... I'll never get to enjoy the last portions of them as screensaver.

RE: Video ScreenSaver - martinsvision - 2024-02-11

For anyone having the black screen issues as i seen in other posts Dont use the Preview button and Dont be in the system menus and it will work.

RE: Video ScreenSaver - ashlar - 2024-02-19

(2024-02-11, 02:59)ashlar Wrote:
(2024-01-15, 16:12)ashlar Wrote: Hi @Lunatixz

Thanks!
Any opinion on this request? The randomize option seems to simply pick a random video from a folder, what I was suggesting was to have random video with a random point. I have long videos I use and if they always start from the beginning... I'll never get to enjoy the last portions of them as screensaver.
Hi @Lunatixz do you still develop this add-on? I don't wanna bother you if not, obviously.