Kodi Community Forum
XBMC LiveUSB (formerly "LiveXBMC") V2 is out - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: XBMC LiveUSB (formerly "LiveXBMC") V2 is out (/showthread.php?tid=32853)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

well! it would seem so - rodercot - 2008-06-27

Yes I found the same thing. My wireless was already disabled. While I was playing around on my test win32 machine which also has dual nics. I went into set up a new source and it said it could not find the share which was new since the last time I used this system with xbmc. So I disabled the 2nd nic and reloaded xbmc and it was fine.

So I took the flash from my other test machine and went to the main media machine and disabled it;s 2nd nic card and booted up still no network. I came back with the flash to the test station (windows) and reinstalled the liveUSB on the flash and then installed that back into the main system and VOILA we are golden. I have set up about 20 movies all my TV shows, it is scanning music now. I had made a mistake while scanning my HD movies and clicked play by mistake and it loaded up a mvk file and started playing it right away I had the sould muted but my yamaha did switch from a 2 channel to 5.1 channel source.

The only things I see now are my EST time zones are still way off for Canada. Toronto and I have not tried a Video_TS folder playback yet.

so in summing up, If you run this is one machine first and then try it in another it looks like you need to rerun LiveUSB and start from scratch with a clean build. Would make sense I guess, it would be like installing new hardware in hardy and then trying a reboot without a clean install.

Regards,

Dave

notes! - rodercot - 2008-06-27

I scanned all my music a bunch of movies.

I can play .avi, .ts and .mkv fine all with 2 or 5.1 pass through dd and dts audio. The .ts and .mkv are 1080p movies

My music will play but no sound. They are FLAC encoded.

Video_TS folders just reboot the flash back to the main window.

rgds,

Dave

- treefour - 2008-06-27

rodercot Wrote:so in summing up, If you run this is one machine first and then try it in another it looks like you need to rerun LiveUSB and start from scratch with a clean build.

I came to the same conclusion as I'm trying to sort out another problem and was trying to cheat by using my laptop to fill a need, now it looks like I have to actually figure it out and fix the problem rather than just patch it Rolleyes anyway it should help fill the void of linux knowledge, because I hate MCE and the wife loves the xbox version (so do I). Nod

Video_TS - rodercot - 2008-06-27

I am pulling my hair out over this video_ts problem. on my hardy desktop I ahave tried everything. I was up until 3am this morning trying everything Samba and SMB I could find. Nothing works. I am sure this is not an XBMC problem but an actual linux/windows sharing issue. I cannot stream any video_ts folders to any player on Linux, VLC, Xine, Mplayer, etc... either it tells me I do not have a plug-in for that stream or just loads nothing. I have posted on the Ubuntu forums as well but no dice.

I am starting to wonder if mounting the mac address of the nas server will help at all. I had to do that on my LinuxMCE test machine as well to find the nas and it's shares.

rgds,

Dave

- BLKMGK - 2008-06-27

FWIW, I cannot play video_ts files either as shares - inside are VOB/IFO files. It worked for one version with like no menu support but is now broken again. Linky in my sig to a thread about it, I need to try one run from local still.

video_ts playback working - rodercot - 2008-06-28

So i got playback on my hardy desktop machine and I had to add my mounts locally to be able to do so. If you look at my thread for new video_ts playback you will see how I did it, now I am wondering how to achieve the same thing from the flash drive. Any Ideas.

thx,

Dave

- SkeezerJ - 2008-06-28

Once again....Anybody try installing Apple Trailers plugin, or any other fun plugins? Any success?

- rrambo - 2008-06-30

Strange problem, the only thing I did after building the usb was to increase the size of the ext3fs image. Booted fine, played a few movies, let it go out and pull movie info and cover art.. everything fine.. then the next day, I select a movie and the system freezes. I reboot, try again, it freezes.. Rebooted, tried a different movie, it freezes.. Pulled the usb, booted from the HD (my regular xbmc install) and it works fine.. booted one more time from usb, tried a movie and it freezes.. playback never starts, it just freezes at the gui... anybody else have this problem?? I'll rebuild the usb, it's just strange that it worked for one day then stopped working.

- icekiller - 2008-06-30

i'm not sure about this, but how much free space do you have left? maybe the tmp or db files are getting to big..

can you enable the debug option and post the /var/tmp/xbmc log ? (pastebin orwhatever)

- treefour - 2008-07-01

I've got a problem that I've been playing with for a week, maybe someone can help with it.

I have LiveXBMC and it plays and runs smooth as silk, but for some reason I can't drop it to a console, every time I try it hangs. I got it once (for some reason that I'm not sure of) and installed openssh-server but then it wouldn't boot back to XBMC gui, I finally just rebuilt the usb stick, which gives me the same problem again. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
treefour

- althekiller - 2008-07-01

It's prolly something to do with X and your hardware. Try to drop out of FS (hit "\") the switch to console.

- treefour - 2008-07-02

althekiller Wrote:It's prolly something to do with X and your hardware. Try to drop out of FS (hit "\") the switch to console.

@althekiller: Thanks for the response, I tried dropping out of FS and then switching to console but it has the same effect, just hangs. I also think there's a problem with x and hardware but I am unsure how to fix it with out a console.
Any suggestions?

- vostok4 - 2008-07-03

Is there an easy way to take this and put it on my hard-drive, and then remove the root filesystem from existing in a file container, or would I just be better off installing Ubuntu from scratch?

- althekiller - 2008-07-03

treefour Wrote:Any suggestions?

Install Ubuntu for real.

You can prolly get away with booting the Ubuntu Live CD and installing the PPA, but this won't persist through a reboot.

- treefour - 2008-07-03

althekiller Wrote:Install Ubuntu for real.

You can prolly get away with booting the Ubuntu Live CD and installing the PPA, but this won't persist through a reboot.

Cheers for that, I thought the same thing and am trying to figure out which distro would be best. I am thinking a slimmed down version of ubuntu like xubuntu.
Anyway thanks for your help
treefour