Kodi Community Forum
XBMC LiveUSB (formerly "LiveXBMC") V2 is out - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: XBMC LiveUSB (formerly "LiveXBMC") V2 is out (/showthread.php?tid=32853)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

- treefour - 2008-07-03

I meant I thought the same thing about trying ubuntu for real...Smile

- lcapriotti - 2008-07-03

vostok4 Wrote:Is there an easy way to take this and put it on my hard-drive, and then remove the root filesystem from existing in a file container, or would I just be better off installing Ubuntu from scratch?

the USB image already supports executing a script called install.sh if it finds it on the root of the flash disk. A proper install.sh can do exactly what you are asking for.
Needless to say, you need to be proficient enough to write it or test the one I'm attaching ...
As I have not tested it myself, I won't provide any support on this one!

Cheers

Luigi

mounting drives - rodercot - 2008-07-03

Luigi,

I have posted in another thread about mounting drives on Ubuntu for video_ts playback. I was wondering if there was a methid to do this on the flash as well.

The simple I had to add my desktop to my samba.conf. add user shares back into the admin section of hardy and then setup the shares in that manner to get them to playback properly.

Any ideas.

Thanks,

Dave

- lcapriotti - 2008-07-03

Dave,

it seems video_ts playback has been fixed in the recent PPAs, so I am going to try and release a new disk image in a short while. It is a busy period for me, so don't hold your breath....

Cheers
Luigi

- xeonicxpression - 2008-07-05

Quick question, does this work on stick greater than 512 or is 512 required? I have tried getting it to boot off of two different, but same brand and model, 1gb thumb drives. I just can't seem to get it to ever boot. I even disabled all other boot devices, dvd drive, hard drive, network and still no luck. It just tells me there is no boot device. Does anyone know if it matters if the drive is a U3?

- icekiller - 2008-07-05

it works on a 1gb.. 2gb.. Wink

- ShortySco - 2008-07-06

i'm using it from an 8gb OCZ Rally2 pen drive, although i believe 4gb or less would be easier/best, i think the fat filesysyem is limited to 4gb.

Shorty

- lcapriotti - 2008-07-06

xeonicxpression Wrote:Does anyone know if it matters if the drive is a U3?

it does, U3 have a peculiar partitioning!
Cheers
Luigi

- yabba235 - 2008-07-06

Hello !
I'm newbees on xbmc so I don't know all Smile
Can do read ntfs partition under xbmc liveusb enviroment ?
Vfat read good, but if I mounting my movie disk which is ntfs is it empty in xbmc file menager ?
Can do read long file names on dvd rom ( *.mkv file ) or only standard iso names ?
It is possible used mplayer like core player for xbmc ( or vlc ) ?
Thank's for reply Smile

- xeonicxpression - 2008-07-06

l.capriotti Wrote:it does, U3 have a peculiar partitioning!
Cheers
Luigi

That's what I figured. That stupid special U3 partition is annoying. It seems impossible to get rid of too. I hate that software so much. Oh well, it gives me a great excuse to buy a new flash drive. Big Grin 8gb sticks are getting pretty cheap.Shocked I won't get to play with it until tomorrow though, stupid finance test!Angry Oh well, I can't wait to try this out!

- BLKMGK - 2008-07-07

No there is software to remove the U3 stuff I believe - the unRAID guys ran into the same issues! One of the U3 manufacturers released it - HP I think.

When will v 3 drop - indianolajohn - 2008-07-07

I was wondering how long it would be until we saw a v3
or new images uploaded of newer builds?

maybe a couple of restricted driver packages

ati.img
nvidia.img
remote.img

Just asking for the sake of all us newbs out there
the ability to update with just moving over an img
is an awesome tool

- lcapriotti - 2008-07-07

v3 is under design, bringing in official PPAs support (and much more).
I hope to be able release it in the next couple of weeks.

Pls DO NOT ASK for it again, I will release it when it will be ready!

Cheers

Luigi

- chivar.makatiph - 2008-07-11

anyone here tried the "Aeon"

- althekiller - 2008-07-11

chivar.makatiph Wrote:anyone here tried the "Aeon"
Why would you ask that in this thread where it is so clearly off-topic? "But, I use LiveXBMC," is not a good reason. No skin is specific to one platform, and certainly not specific to one installation method on one platform.