Kodi Community Forum
No Video Playback possible - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: No Video Playback possible (/showthread.php?tid=33289)

Pages: 1 2

No Video Playback possible - b00n - 2008-05-17

Hi ,

i installed latetst XBMc for Windows today for the first time on my MiniPC 945VXR from aOPEN. All under vista. It start with no problems but when i want to start videoplayback, nothing happens except the message,, Playback aborted, too many consecutive failed items". Anyone got the same problem ?
Blush
Thx in advance

- Dudeman - 2008-05-17

b00n Wrote:Hi ,

i installed latetst XBMc for Windows today for the first time on my MiniPC 945VXR from aOPEN. All under vista. It start with no problems but when i want to start videoplayback, nothing happens except the message,, Playback aborted, too many consecutive failed items". Anyone got the same problem ?
Blush
Thx in advance

Unfortunately, the GMA950 is not very well supported. Read through this thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=32963

- DooMeh1 - 2008-05-17

I have XBMC for XBOX and Windows Vista. I am retiring my XBOX so I want to use it on my laptop, but as of now, I have found the following do not work:
Weather
Scripts
etc.

- b00n - 2008-05-18

Hi , just an update. I´m now got the status like many other GMA950 User.
The message from above is gone but on video playback i got an white or black screen.

Only exchanged the files ffmpeg_cabac_win32_ with the latest package from sourceforge. Before i used the Installer package for my first Installation.

- WiSo - 2008-05-18

DooMeh1 Wrote:I have XBMC for XBOX and Windows Vista. I am retiring my XBOX so I want to use it on my laptop, but as of now, I have found the following do not work:
Weather
Scripts
etc.
weather.com changed their website therefore it doesn't work anymore.
Scripts are working fine more me since a few builds ago. Just putting those statements into a thread doesn't help us much and - in consequence - you.
Put a debug log on pastebin and maybe that tells us more.

- b00n - 2008-05-18

Finally i found a Tip here for Intel 950 User. I installed an old driver from 2007 and finally i got a picture.

- DooMeh1 - 2008-05-18

WiSo Wrote:weather.com changed their website therefore it doesn't work anymore.
Scripts are working fine more me since a few builds ago. Just putting those statements into a thread doesn't help us much and - in consequence - you.
Put a debug log on pastebin and maybe that tells us more.

Is the debug log xbmc.txt?

- Vikingkronos - 2008-05-18

DooMeh1 Wrote:Is the debug log xbmc.txt?

Try the wiki Smile

- DooMeh1 - 2008-05-19

xbmc.log

- WiSo - 2008-05-19

Please use pastebin next time.
From what I can see from the log file is that your graphic card/driver doesn't support vsync. I don't know why this is repeated the whole time but this could cause some problems. You should also consider to try other drivers.

- DooMeh1 - 2008-05-20

WiSo Wrote:Please use pastebin next time.
From what I can see from the log file is that your graphic card/driver doesn't support vsync. I don't know why this is repeated the whole time but this could cause some problems. You should also consider to try other drivers.

Hmmm.... it doesn't work on any of the three computers I've tried.... Huh

- gryphon5 - 2008-05-21

I am having the same problem with INTEL 945GM adapter. I have tried updating the drivers but the same thing happens (audio and dashboard are fine, video playback shows a black screen).

- TheWoert - 2008-05-21

gryphon5 Wrote:I am having the same problem with INTEL 945GM adapter. I have tried updating the drivers but the same thing happens (audio and dashboard are fine, video playback shows a black screen).
Same problem here. Using a HP nc6320 laptop (Intel 945GM). Oo
Having another nc6320 running an older build XBMC running on Ubuntu 7.10, and that one is doning a great job Huh
Looks like a driver problem, but I can't find a working version for win32.
Same problem on some NC6000 laptops, they use an ATI GPU, I know, that's "asking for problems"...

- dapex - 2008-05-23

b00n Wrote:Finally i found a Tip here for Intel 950 User. I installed an old driver from 2007 and finally i got a picture.

more details about the driver you used and where you got it from would have been helpful... guess you dont care now you have yours working

- Dam0 - 2008-06-03

first;ly let me add im impressed with xbmc progress so far

im having similar issues with latest Wiso build. previous vers with installer ran fine on these radeon 9250 gfx cards, just playback only ran for approx 20 mins or so prior to xbmc locking up.

since migrating to latest installer build, menus work, weather works, video playback is full screen black, no menus until i force quit of xbmc. im running latest 2006 catalist drivers.about to attempt to roll back to older drivers, but its weird how previous vers played back ok(cept for 20min limit)

any suggestions?

Dam0