Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] YouTube3 - YouTube Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] YouTube3 - YouTube Script (/showthread.php?tid=33585)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

- borick - 2009-03-13

empty Wrote:Ah ok, but would be great if you can implement an HD Option, I'm using XBMC on a Windows 2,5Ghz dualcore machine, which has enough power :o :o

I will do this, I have put it as an enhancement on the google code page... but it may take a while

Some additional development info for anyone who is curious: I was gonna implement this because it should be very easy to add. However the problem was, when I changed the quality to HD (fmt=22) then any movie which did not have a HD option and had fmt=22 put in the url, would not play at all... so I need some way to detect whether a movie is HD or not, and modify the URL string accordingly.

- Nuka1195 - 2009-03-13

all you have to do is request the url. if it doesn't exist it will error.

PHP Code:
def _check_video_urlselfurlquality ):

# only need the parameter for non standard quality

if ( quality ):
            try:

# TODO: check for fmt=22 for 720p and verify all videos now support fmt=18 arg
                # create the new url with the fmt parameter

check_url url "&fmt=%d" % ( quality, )

# we need to request the url with quality

request urllib2.Requestcheck_url )

# create an opener object and validate the url

opener urllib2.urlopenrequest )

# close opener

opener.close()

# success, return the new url

return check_url
            except urllib2
.URLErrore:

# invalid quality

pass

# none or invalid quality, return the original url

return url 

XBMC and youtube - TheCrook - 2009-03-20

I am having the same problem, I am running the latest build of XBMC and the latest youtube script but it still fails to play videos.

- borick - 2009-03-20

TheCrook Wrote:I am having the same problem, I am running the latest build of XBMC and the latest youtube script but it still fails to play videos.

What is the operating system for XBMC?

Can you describe how the videos fail to play?

XBMC Youtube vids - TheCrook - 2009-03-20

XBMC 8.10 ATLANTIS (compiled Nov 14 2008)
Mplayer XBMC-SVN-r10070-4.1.2 (Oct 29 2008 -14:51:13)

Youtube script version
YouTube-3-4

I can search video's and look through them ie. see the thumbnails and info
when I hit select on one it starts downloading, caching etc.
then nothing at all. sometimes it locks and I have to power cycle the xbox other times it simply stays on the video selection screen and you can click on another video. I have tried loads of videos now but they all do the same thing.

Andy ideas greatly appreciated

XBMC Youtube Fixed - TheCrook - 2009-03-20

I just changed the PLAYER_CORE_MPLAYER to PLAYER_CORE_AUTO
as described in borick's post and it has fixed my problem.

Thankyou Borick. should have tried your fix before I posted!

- borick - 2009-03-20

TheCrook Wrote:I just changed the PLAYER_CORE_MPLAYER to PLAYER_CORE_AUTO
as described in borick's post and it has fixed my problem.

Thankyou Borick. should have tried your fix before I posted!

Thank you for trying this! I don't think anyone else tried it since no one has posted anything about it. Since I don't experience the problem, I couldn't debug it. So it helps very much for you to let me know this fixed a problem you were having Smile Hopefully I will include this change in a future version of the script. Thanks again.

- avnishb - 2009-03-20

Thanks borick for the tip. However, I wanted to know why do we have to press enter on the keyboard (I have XBMC on windows platform) to play any video and it does work when I click the video thumbnail.

- borick - 2009-03-20

avnishb Wrote:Thanks borick for the tip. However, I wanted to know why do we have to press enter on the keyboard (I have XBMC on windows platform) to play any video and it does work when I click the video thumbnail.

In the other thread (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=294467#post294467) you can see Nuka1195's response which may help:

Nuka1195 Wrote:mouse clicks are builtin, but were only recently fixed in xbmc. make sure your xbmc is upto date.

You're a genious! - gaspi101 - 2009-03-27

borick Wrote:Thank you for trying this! I don't think anyone else tried it since no one has posted anything about it. Since I don't experience the problem, I couldn't debug it. So it helps very much for you to let me know this fixed a problem you were having Smile Hopefully I will include this change in a future version of the script. Thanks again.

I've been searching far and wide for this solution! I just registered in the forums specifically to thank you, borick. Thank you for that quick and easy fix!

For those that may be computer-challenged (comparatively to people in this forum, at least), you need to open the default.py script in Notepad in Windows, make the change as borick said from MPLAYER to AUTO, and then FTP it and replace the old one. From what I see, this is a problem for all the youtube scripts for the 2009 builds of xbmc.

Thanks again!!!!!Big Grin

- The Joker - 2009-03-28

Is it just me or did youtube stop working for everyone?

- Durango - 2009-03-28

They changed something, the scrapers need to be updated. I can't load it through Navi-X at the moment, either.

- chauzer - 2009-03-29

what error are you guys getting for youtube?

- gilgongo - 2009-03-29

chauzer Wrote:what error are you guys getting for youtube?

I run it, it loads, then XBMC freezes. There's nothing in the logs. I'm using XBMC r18567 on Ubuntu Hardy.

- grote002 - 2009-04-05

I love this script, but I was wondering if you could add the info from Youtube (like title/description/thumbnail) to the videoinfo bar while playing the video, now it just shows "get_video" as title.
I think i've seen the Apple.com trailers-script do something similar.

Thanks for this great script.