Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] YouTube3 - YouTube Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] YouTube3 - YouTube Script (/showthread.php?tid=33585)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

- limaunion - 2009-06-21

Very nice script and working flawlessly under xbmc live; any chance of merging the HD code ? TIA.

- Smiff - 2009-06-22

noticed a bug today, and reproduced on two xboxes both running 9.04.1:
the "high quality" setting does not save/apply properly.
although the option remains "yes", clips actually play in low quality unless you toggle the option off and back on again. this has to be repeated every time the script is run, and i think after every search aswell, otherwise you always get low quality (flash version).
thanks for the continued dev on this script, its one of the best Smile

edit: seems to have same issue on windows version aswell.. so def. a script issue? not sure

- Restless - 2009-06-25

I had the same problem mentioned earlier in the thread. They simply wouldnt play when clicked. But i downloaded the latest build and it works GREAT.... Thanks

- DJ-Static - 2009-07-17

This is awesome! I didn't know a youTube script existed.

Anyone know how to play playlists continuously? After each video, it stops and you have to select the next one manually.

Youtube XL - DrkRavenBrow - 2009-07-17

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2350364,00.asp?kc=PCRSS02129TX1K0000530

I read this review on PC mag for youtube XL. Any chance this plugin could be modified for youtube XL?

- DJ-Static - 2009-07-19

Cecilia Wrote:I know I had the super-great YouTube script running...but I've upgraded a few times, latest to Babylon (t3ch), and now it doesn't work, and silly me has forgotten which was the last version it worked properly with.

Can someone help me out? I just need to know which is the latest XBMC (for xbox) that works with the YouTube script. (I've tried both the version in this thread as well as the one from the downloader.) It doesn't work with the May 21 version of Babylon, or the final version from May 9. Do I have to go back to Atlantis? If so, which one?

TIA! Smile

Mine works (9.04 r19856 - May 9)

- gyoung345 - 2009-07-25

I can't get the YouTube3 script to work either. I can see the thumbs, but when I click to play it won't play. I am running XBMC on Xbox and am running the latest stable SVN (T3CH XBMC 2009-06-01 9.04.1-FIXED-Babylon) and YouTube3 3.4.

When you select a video to play I get notified that it is connecting but nothing ever plays. Any ideas?

- whufclee - 2009-07-25

I've had the same problem with the script since I can remember, looks great but just won't play the videos. I think the youtube script used to work back in the day but I can't recall it working on Atlantis or Babylon builds (although it may have nothing to do with the builds of xbmc, it could just be that the youtube script got updated - can't really remember). The youtube plugin works fine for me though on xbox.

- simphax - 2009-07-26

screenshots? Smile

- ctawn - 2009-07-26

there's a youtube plugin also?

but i installed this in /plugins/scripts/ and it seemed to work nicely (Mac PPC) but I didn't run in thru the ropes.

But I have two questions:

1. I changed my skin to Mediateam and it has no scripts folder in the GUI main menu, so how can you access it now?

2. isn't there any way to:

a) either make it a plugin or
b) symlink it so it shows up as a video source?

(I did read this but I still wonder why it isn't possible to just link to it ...)

- djcorvus - 2009-07-26

Hey guys,

I've downloaded this script and unzipped it, and placed the 'YouTube' folder inside my /scripts/ folder, but when I go to my 'scripts' section within XBMC, it doesn't detect any scripts.

Am I doing something wrong??

P.S. I'm running the latest built on my HTPC using Windows 7.

- Dick-Perry - 2009-07-26

how can i play a playlist, not find a playlist and play one song, i want play one after one track/all tracks of a playlist

- djcorvus - 2009-07-27

djcorvus is on a distinguished road

Hey guys,

I've downloaded the YouTube script and unzipped it, and then placed the 'YouTube' folder inside my \XBMC\scripts\ folder, but when I go to my 'scripts' section within XBMC, it doesn't detect any scripts. (even the Apple movie trailers one that comes with XBMC)

I've even tried using the file browser within XBMC but it just doesn't recognise the .py file. It just doesn't see anything!

- whufclee - 2009-07-27

djcorvus Wrote:Join Date: Jul 2009
djcorvus is on a distinguished road

Hey guys,

I've downloaded the YouTube script and unzipped it, and then placed the 'YouTube' folder inside my \XBMC\scripts\ folder, but when I go to my 'scripts' section within XBMC, it doesn't detect any scripts. (even the Apple movie trailers one that comes with XBMC)

I've even tried using the file browser within XBMC but it just doesn't recognise the .py file. It just doesn't see anything!

I use xbox so I'm not entirely sure about this but I think on windows you have to put your plugins and scripts in C:\Documents and Settings\"UserName"\Application Data\XBMC

- djcorvus - 2009-08-02

Ok guys,

I've fixed the problem by enabling hidden files and folders in windows 7. (really obvious mistake, my bad)

However, I'm noticing that this plugin doesn't have any option to view videos in HD.

I've tried multiple videos in my favorites that i KNOW are in HD, but even though 'high quality' is selected in the settings, they don't play in HD.

Any way to enable this?