Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] YouTube3 - YouTube Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] YouTube3 - YouTube Script (/showthread.php?tid=33585)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

- osmorphyus - 2009-09-14

busby, we may share a common issue. check this out:

i am running xbmc on the xbox with the default PJM3 skin. for a while, this script worked flawlessly. now tho, when i run the script, it downloads the thumbnails, and then looks like its still connecting youtube for who knows what reason - my status icon appears and my xbox hangs.

oddly enough, if i BROWSE to where the script is housed (dash/plugins..." and execute its default.py, it works!

its a weird issue that i cant figure out, and maybe we are both having the same problem and its with XBMC? as for my xbmc, i am using the current 'stable' release from tech, the babylon release. the bleeding edge release wouldnt even boot for me.

anyone else having the issue we are having? thumbnails load and then it appears as if the xbox is trying to communicate more and the system hangs?

- osmorphyus - 2009-09-14

in fact, i just retested this out again: i redownloaded the plugin from the code.google.... page, reinstalled it in my video plugins. tested it first by executing the actual default.py - works fine. tested via navigating to the video plugins/youtube, and it executed, and hung up after downloading the thumbs.

this used to work just fine, i am not sure if it is an issue with the tech build of xbmc (the babylon release) or an issue with the plugin. anyone else who is having this issue?

- Dare978Devil - 2009-09-21

Smiff Wrote:noticed a bug today, and reproduced on two xboxes both running 9.04.1:
the "high quality" setting does not save/apply properly.
although the option remains "yes", clips actually play in low quality unless you toggle the option off and back on again. this has to be repeated every time the script is run, and i think after every search aswell, otherwise you always get low quality (flash version).
thanks for the continued dev on this script, its one of the best Smile

edit: seems to have same issue on windows version aswell.. so def. a script issue? not sure

Hi,

I just installed the 3.4c version on my XBOX. Works great, tks, however I can also attest to this little bug. Whenever I launch the script, it is back in low qual mode. Each time I have to go into settings, set High Quality to NO, then back to YES, and then hit DONE. If I don't do this, I get the blocky low-qual video.

So thank Smiff for figuring out this quick workaround (my 8-year old daughter can now enjoy Taylor Swift videos without the "squares"), but thought I should mention it in case it is fixable in the script.

Thanks,
DD.

- PantsOnFire - 2009-09-23

Busbyuk Wrote:Does anyone else have issues using this youtube plugin on a ASROCK/ION setup?

I'm using a brand new install of XBOX Live on an ASROCK.

I have the same.

- waldo22 - 2009-09-23

osmorphyus Wrote:in fact, i just retested this out again: i redownloaded the plugin from the code.google.... page, reinstalled it in my video plugins.

osmorphyus,

this is a script, not a plugin. Thus, it should go in your scripts folder.

That should fix your issue.

-Wes

- osmorphyus - 2009-09-29

i ran it from scripts and as well, it doesnt work right.

furthermore! at one time, it ran just fine *as a plugin*

in fact, a plugin would make a *helluva* lot more sense than a script, because you cant throw scripts into your video path like you can with plugins. browsing to the script area seems frivolous.

whats the difference between the two, anyway? they're *both* python scripts.

what happens, you ask? i'll recap:

the script executes, then hangs after displaying thumnails. it works, but breaks.

the *only* way to make it work all the way is to browse to wherever the script is located on your hard drive and physically execute the default.py script. i have redownloaded and reinstalled this many times, same results. do i smell a bug yet? or are the bug reporting staff still super arrogant?

- chmee - 2009-09-29

Same here : Ubuntu jaunty desktop on Ion 330 - Freeze after thumbnails.

lookin' forward. regards chmee

Youtube thumbnails not showing up in xbmc - sutsan - 2009-10-03

Hi I've installed the script YouTube-3-4c.zip on my xbmc ubuntu 9.04 and I can watch movies from youtube, thanks for a great scriptBig Grin. But I have this problem that the tumbnail images are not appearing at all only emty grey boxes with titles appear, seems that the images are not retrieved, should it be like that or do I need to install additional packages or the later version of existing package or xbmc verison?
I'm new to this xbmc area and would appreciate your help a lot with how to fix it step by step.

I have it installed on a ASUS Pundit P5-P4N9300.

- Drir - 2009-10-04

I was wondering if your youtube plugin supports a "load in playlist" function. So that if you have a few youtube videos in amongst regular videos they load behind the running video for a smooth transition. Instead of having to wait 30 seconds for the thing to load.
I don't know its just an idea, aside from that its a great plugin and keep up the good work.

youtube xbox1 - endera - 2009-10-11

where it is banned from youtube how to program works on xbox

- sonic - 2009-10-15

Thnx for a great script, i use this alot!

- Djape - 2009-11-03

Great script. Thx!

There is one problem though, I have custom skin, and only Youtube has a default look.
How can I fix this, to use my skin?

Cheers...

- Djape - 2009-11-05

Ok, I've found out that the script has it's own skinning, which is not so convenient.
It should better use users skin by default. Just a suggestion.

- Restless - 2009-11-11

I love making playlists on my pc then watching them on TV.... Great Script!!

- bittihuduga - 2009-11-15

when i launch youtube script, feeds is the first screen.
is it possible to open
a)open with users screen
or
b)open feeds of my videos?
pls guide