Kodi Community Forum
Option to add additional custom genres to the databases, scrapers, & library filters? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Option to add additional custom genres to the databases, scrapers, & library filters? (/showthread.php?tid=33710)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- Rand Al Thor - 2008-10-07

I don't remember exacly which one off the top of my head but I think it is under the main movies section. ie if you find title / year / synopsis / the genre node should be in there too. The only issue with doing it this way is that you have to then export the library, then re-import it for the changes to take affect. A better solution would be to create nfo files for all of your movies that you want custom Genres for. You can use the xbmc media companion to do this quite painlessly. Then you just click in the genre box and type what ever genre you wish. Once that is done just refresh the movie in xbmc and it should import all the info from your nfo. Hope that helps.

Adding another menu option and pointing it to seperate library for the same user? - msheikh - 2009-01-08

I was wondering if its possible to load up different libraries through shorcut commands?

What I specifically want to do is separate my foreign movies, animes and tv shows with the north american movies, cartoons and tv shows. I'm not quite sure on the flexibility of profile and if it allows for different libraries but I was hoping that if it does, if there is a shortcut i can make that loads a specific profile rather than switching in the settings.

- althekiller - 2009-01-08

Welcome to the forums.

Please search prior to posting in the future, this same topic has been brought up a few times recently. Try profiles. See wiki/manual (link in my signature).

- msheikh - 2009-01-08

Sorry bout that. I figured out the multiple library, but still didn't find anything about making XBMC shortcuts linked to a profile. I would rather doing it through shortcuts than login screen if possible.

- jmarshall - 2009-01-08

See r16863, the LoadProfile built in command.

Mutiple libraries or filtered views? - zag - 2009-02-17

Just a quick question, I've got my main movies library setup fine, now I want to add Stand up Comedy, Live Music Videos, Cartoons, Extreme Sports DVDs ect.

How do I do this in XBMC? In meedio I just created a new library but I don't see any way to do that with XBMC. Am I missing something?

Or maybe there a way to filter the views so I can categorize my movies by type?

- Tarl - 2009-02-17

Would browsing by genre not accomplish the same thing ?

- CMitch - 2009-02-18

I think, like me, he wants more control as to which folders from his NAS/Storage PC will display from the main menu.
For example i'd like my 'Dr Who', 'Documentaries' and 'TV Shows' to display from the TV menu from the MediaStream skin, 'Horror' and 'Movies' to show from the Movies option and everything else from my NAS to show from Videos.

- zag - 2009-02-18

Yeh I'd like a separate library for Sports dvds or stand up comedy as I don't want to browse them with my main movies. I would like to have a menu item of sports dvds on the main menu ideally.

In meedio you can create a new library, import and menu item. Maybe I'm just thinking about this the wrong way though. How do people browse non "blockbuster movies" in XBMC?

- jmarshall - 2009-02-18

You browse them via the filesystem.

We're planning on revising how the library view (so you can view stuff by file layout with info, and rearrange how the heirachy works) at some point, but there's a lot of groundwork that needs doing before this is doable, and it's going to take quite a bit of time.

Cheers,
Jonathan

- CMitch - 2009-02-19

Cheers Jonathon, appreciate your input.

Adding another menu option and pointing it to seperate library? Possible? - tbird2340 - 2009-02-27

I am a Meedio user who is moving over to XBMC.. I'm trying to get all the features I had in Meedio working in XBMC..

One main thing that is missing for me right now is the ability to easily add another "section" to my skin choices (IE: Like "TV Shows, Movies, Weather, etc) and have that section point to only specific movies..

For example.. In Meedio I had a choice on my main menu for my movies "Movies" and my daughter's movies "Mya's Movies".. When I chose "Mya's Movies" it would only display her movie library.. When I chose mine, it would only show my movie library..

Is there anyway this is possible in XBMC? For one, I have no idea how to add another menu option in my skin (MediaStream). I'm guessing I would edit home.xml but have zero idea what to add.. In Meedio this was stupid simple and only took a few clicks..

Two, even if I add another menu option how would I only display her movies? From how I see it there is just a movie library and a tv library.. Is there anyway to have multiple movie library's and point them to separate places?

Hope that all makes sense.

Thanks

- Maxim - 2009-02-27

XBMC supports Profiles. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but it would keep the library's separate, however, I think that a restart of XBMC is required to load the other profile. It's similar but not exactly what you're looking for.

- ashlar - 2009-02-27

I'm fairly certain that the loading of a different profile is something easily "macroable" through EventGhost. To the point of "press a button->switch profile+go straight to the chosen videolibrary". Admitting that multiple libraries can work on a per profile basis (something I don't know).

- sho - 2009-02-28

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5568