Kodi Community Forum
Option to add additional custom genres to the databases, scrapers, & library filters? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Option to add additional custom genres to the databases, scrapers, & library filters? (/showthread.php?tid=33710)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- zoolger - 2010-11-09

+1
this is a great req. the xbmc would be perfect if we could get somthing like this.

Yes please???? - guyf - 2010-11-09

This would be great indeed...

- wimpy - 2010-11-10

+1

- dpolsrod - 2010-11-10

+1 to this request. Smile

- Nick8888 - 2010-11-10

I don't think there's any doubt this would be a useful feature, just a matter of willing developers and finishing higher priorities (such as finalising Dharma. Plus the active devs have already announced they will be pretty busy with pvr stuff for Eden).

Oh and great work OP, very informative feature request.

Separate videos like Music Concerts or Christmas Movies from my normal movie library? - sjobbels - 2010-12-22

Hi,

At this moment I have all my movies (including christmas and concerts) in my movie database. Is there a possibility to exclude the christmas and concerts.
I like to enter these movies separately via the startmenu.
I've tried the smart playlist, but it's not working for me.

thanks

- Spaggi - 2010-12-22

Why not? You can, for example, use specific Folders for these Movies / Concerts...and filter them via smart playlists.

- sjobbels - 2010-12-22

ok, but is it possible in the official movies section to exclude the christmas movies and concerts??

- Spaggi - 2010-12-22

You can mark them as a special genre (see the Wiki how to create custom genres) and filter them

- mwkurt - 2010-12-22

Spaggi,

I looked through the Wiki, and for the life of me, could not find any information regarding creating custom genres. I must admit that I have a hard time navigating the Wiki trying to figure out where to go and what term to use. Could you possibly point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Mark

- Spaggi - 2010-12-22

Sorry, my information was a little bit misleading:

You can add AFAIK any genre you want by just putting it into a .nfo file with the <genre> tag - XBMC will add the new genre. But you would have to edit nfo files by hand, because XBMC of course doesn't scrape these custom genres.

A much easier solution: Use Ember Media Manager! It has a built-in custom genre feature!

- mwkurt - 2010-12-22

Thanks Spaggi....I was hoping that it would be as easy as just putting what you want into the genre tag. I'll give it a try later.
Thanks,
Mark

Documentaries in the video library? - Marcos - 2010-12-22

Has anyone come up with a good solution for adding information and DVD covers to documentaries? I have tons of AVIs, but only the title for info Oo

Additional Categories? - omegatemplar - 2010-12-29

Is it possible to create a new category type in which to list files under.

Currently you can have movies, tv shows, music, so on and so forth as the top most level categories.

Lets say I wanted to add a category such as 'Foreign TV Shows'. Would that be feasible?

Thanks.

- pecinko - 2010-12-30

XBMC does not support custom categories.