Kodi Community Forum
Option to add additional custom genres to the databases, scrapers, & library filters? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Option to add additional custom genres to the databases, scrapers, & library filters? (/showthread.php?tid=33710)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Add my own Music Category in Music Section. - luckyaua - 2011-01-18

Is possible to add my own music category in Music section...
like Lossless, Mp3 etc...?

Thanks.

- jmarshall - 2011-01-19

Probably not, assuming you're suggesting adding a "Node" to the music library listing.

You can, however, use a smartplaylist to generate a listing of all mp3's or whatever - not sure if they'll group into albums or not.

- ZERO <ibis> - 2011-04-03

Actually I think a possible easy way to do this that many people may like is a way to simply have additional data base sections for example lets say right now we have:
Movies
TV Shows
Music

However lets say that you want to have 2 sections of tv shows so that your system looks like this:
Movies
TV Shows
Anime (This is actually just another TV Shows database that is separate from the first one)
Music

The Anime section would just be another TV Shows database that is kept independent from the normal tv shows one. It is able to use the same scrappers and other system as if it was the TV Shows section. The only difference is that the user is forcing isolation of the data between these databases.

The advantages are that you could have multiple databases with content that is independent. So when I search action in my TV Shows section I do not also get Action Anime too and when I search Action in my Anime section I do not also get Action TV shows.

This should be VERY EASY to implement as all it would take is allowing the current database structure to be copied multiple times to allow for separate categorization.

- Marcos - 2011-04-03

ZERO <ibis>' Wrote:Actually I think a possible easy way to do this that many people may like is a way to simply have additional data base sections for example lets say right now we have:
Movies
TV Shows
Music

However lets say that you want to have 2 sections of tv shows so that your system looks like this:
Movies
TV Shows
Anime (This is actually just another TV Shows database that is separate from the first one)
Music

The Anime section would just be another TV Shows database that is kept independent from the normal tv shows one. It is able to use the same scrappers and other system as if it was the TV Shows section. The only difference is that the user is forcing isolation of the data between these databases.

The advantages are that you could have multiple databases with content that is independent. So when I search action in my TV Shows section I do not also get Action Anime too and when I search Action in my Anime section I do not also get Action TV shows.

This should be VERY EASY to implement as all it would take is allowing the current database structure to be copied multiple times to allow for separate categorization.

That does sound useful, so the user can separate anything Animated to regular TV Shows, and have a separate Documentaries database too

- ZERO &lt;ibis&gt; - 2011-04-03

Marcos Wrote:That does sound useful, so the user can separate anything Animated to regular TV Shows, and have a separate Documentaries database too

Most importantly it is very easy to program! Or at least appears to be, I am a programer but I am not familiar with the languages that xbmc works with.

- killerpoptart - 2011-04-03

This is just a general question but I wasn't sure where exactly to post it. I have an anime collection that i originally scraped with the animedb plugin. However i recently realized that most of those animes are on thetvdb.com. How can i rescrape using that database instead? It looks like more of the info is filled in there. Thanks!

- ZERO &lt;ibis&gt; - 2011-04-03

killerpoptart Wrote:This is just a general question but I wasn't sure where exactly to post it. I have an anime collection that i originally scraped with the animedb plugin. However i recently realized that most of those animes are on thetvdb.com. How can i rescrape using that database instead? It looks like more of the info is filled in there. Thanks!

It may have been best to post it in the thread for that scrapper. However let me also answer it.

First this is a very BAD idea. The way that the tvdb categorizes anime is not correct which causes a lot of problems for databasing. In addition the ani db scrapper also forces use of proper series names while thetvdb.org does not always use the correct title. I have over 350+ anime series on my database that were all scrapped by the anidb scrapper. It already pulls data from thetvdb.org when it can find it to fill in episode data and fan art. Lastly the dates in thetvdb.org can not be trusted as you do not know if your getting the US r original release date where as when using the anidb scrapper you will get the correct data.

- killerpoptart - 2011-04-04

ZERO <ibis>' Wrote:It may have been best to post it in the thread for that scrapper. However let me also answer it.

First this is a very BAD idea. The way that the tvdb categorizes anime is not correct which causes a lot of problems for databasing. In addition the ani db scrapper also forces use of proper series names while thetvdb.org does not always use the correct title. I have over 350+ anime series on my database that were all scrapped by the anidb scrapper. It already pulls data from thetvdb.org when it can find it to fill in episode data and fan art. Lastly the dates in thetvdb.org can not be trusted as you do not know if your getting the US r original release date where as when using the anidb scrapper you will get the correct data.

Duly noted. Do you have your anime all thrown together with your regular tv shows? I was trying to separate them into another home menu selection through smart playlists.

- ZERO &lt;ibis&gt; - 2011-04-04

No I just do not database ANY of my regular tv shows. There is maybe a hand full of regular tv shows that I do watch. I am not going to toss that into the sea of anime, there is just no point. This is also why I really hope this is implemented in the next release, it will make things a million times easier.

- killerpoptart - 2011-04-04

ZERO <ibis>' Wrote:No I just do not database ANY of my regular tv shows. There is maybe a hand full of regular tv shows that I do watch. I am not going to toss that into the sea of anime, there is just no point. This is also why I really hope this is implemented in the next release, it will make things a million times easier.

Oh ok I see. My collection is sort of the opposite. I have tons of TV shows but only about 6 or 7 anime series. Still, it's basically the same problem.

- ZERO &lt;ibis&gt; - 2011-04-28

I have realized there is the hard way to do this. As they do not appear to want to program it the easy way I may this summer do it the hard way.

So here is actually how you get around this:

Program your given skin to filter results so that they only can be sourced from a given folder.

So as far as the program knows you just have 2 links on your home screen both going to the tv shows. However everything in each one is coded by the skin to filter out results not from their defined directory. This would visual accomplish the results while still keeping all the data in the same database.

So if you search something for example the program would actually search everything and then filter out what is not in the directory you actually care about. So while every action would take up lets say twice as much memory and cpu as required at least it would work. Wink

XBMC NEEDS custom database support - bambam66 - 2011-07-15

I share all your concerns... i also would like to have a menu like:

-Movies
-TV Shows
-Documentaries
-Sports
-Music Videos

etc...

Would be great if the user was given the chance to create a new database "add new database" where a scraper(s) can be defined for each database.

I also love the HD Movies option in some XBMC Skins... this should be a default menu item under ALL skins!

The idea with have some sort of filtered menu item is great (HD Movies) as this could be a custom menu item defined by the user to filter any library.. eg:

-HD Movies
-FLAC Music
-MP3 >320kbps
-Drum and Bass
-Photos 2011
-Movies 2011

Please Please Please make this available to the user to configure! This would put the cherry on the cake! Big Grin

- Axodious - 2011-07-26

bambam66 Wrote:I share all your concerns... i also would like to have a menu like:

-Movies
-TV Shows
-Documentaries
-Sports
-Music Videos

etc...

Would be great if the user was given the chance to create a new database "add new database" where a scraper(s) can be defined for each database.

I also love the HD Movies option in some XBMC Skins... this should be a default menu item under ALL skins!

The idea with have some sort of filtered menu item is great (HD Movies) as this could be a custom menu item defined by the user to filter any library.. eg:

-HD Movies
-FLAC Music
-MP3 >320kbps
-Drum and Bass
-Photos 2011
-Movies 2011

Please Please Please make this available to the user to configure! This would put the cherry on the cake! Big Grin

I as well would like the ability to do this.

- st graveyard - 2011-08-18

This really is a must.
Adding documentories, concerts, making offs ... that would not be mixed up with the movies section or tv show section ... That would be a dream come true ...

- Darkcloud - 2011-08-24

I'm not sure if this is the right or best way to do this but this would be great to add a language selection as well. I am from Germany but I like watching movies in their original language but when someone watches with me I often have to choose a film in German because of that it would be great to add tags to movies or tv shows for the language tracks available on the video.