Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=113)
+--- Thread: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows (/showthread.php?tid=33961)

- RockDawg - 2009-01-07

billyad2000 Wrote:they will likely be fixed by the next build, are they the only 2 chrs that are causing issues.

I'm not sure, I'll have to check.

Quote:I asked a similar question in another thread earlier: is it possible to have the app scrape MPAA info from both the "MPAA" and "Certification" fields of the IMDb? I ask because searching MPAA alone only returns info about 40 per cent of the time.

I second this request. I never noticed the certification field before, but it does show a rating most of th time. I always found it annoying how often movies were scraped with no rating. This would be a good addition, but it would be great if it could be made so you could choose your country and not have it scrape a dozen ratings for a dozen different countries as is often listed in the certification field.

- yzeyze - 2009-01-07

How do I turn off the scraper output log windows after it has finished a scrape?

- clutch - 2009-01-07

hello my structure is as follows

\\Server\Archive\Movies\My Movie\CD1
\\Server\Archive\Movies\My Movie\CD2
\\Server\Archive\Movies\My Movie\Sample

How can you make that work?

Also, how do I name split files if the movie is extracted into My Movie?
\\Server\Archive\Movies\My Movie\Movie.1.avi
\\Server\Archive\Movies\My Movie\Movie.2.avi
wheras CD1 is 1.avi and CD2 is 2.avi?

Please give guidelines for this

- Hitcher - 2009-01-07

Rename Movie.1.avi to Movie.CD1.avi and Movie.2.avi to Movie.CD2.avi

- daveisadork - 2009-01-07

Gamester17 Wrote:Would it be possible to port this application to use Mono so that it can run nativly under Linux and Mac OS X as well?

Has this been given any consideration?

- billyad2000 - 2009-01-08

yzeyze Wrote:How do I turn off the scraper output log windows after it has finished a scrape?

You can't until the next build is ready

- billyad2000 - 2009-01-08

djh_ Wrote:I asked a similar question in another thread earlier: is it possible to have the app scrape MPAA info from both the "MPAA" and "Certification" fields of the IMDb? I ask because searching MPAA alone only returns info about 40 per cent of the time.

I'm also looking into this, I think it will be an either or situation, you can select either MPAA or your countries certification.

This may well be available from the next build

- billyad2000 - 2009-01-09

Regarding "Mono"

daveisadork Wrote:Has this been given any consideration?

Not at this time, once i've got everything working 100% as I want, then I will look into it

- clutch - 2009-01-09

cant wait for the next release!

- Hitcher - 2009-01-09

billy, I just this evening requested support for Multi-Episode Thumbs and Spiff has added it already in build 16982

- billyad2000 - 2009-01-10

Hitcher Wrote:billy, I just this evening requested support for Multi-Episode Thumbs and Spiff has added it already in build 16982

Media Companion already supports multi-episode nfo files,

You will need to delete existing nfo's

Supported filenaming conventions are
S01E01-E02-E03 etc
or
10x01x02x03etc where 10 is the season

The only limitation is that all the shows must be in the same season.

- spiff - 2009-01-10

the difference is that now xbmc is capable of using different thumbs for the different episodes in a multi-episode file.

but yeah, no reason it would require any mod to mc

- Hitcher - 2009-01-10

Sorry Billy, I forgot that MC already has the thumb info added.

- Hitcher - 2009-01-10

Working perfectly in the latest build.

Also, MC does currently save separate thumbs for each episode.

- ultrabrutal - 2009-01-10

Excuses if any of these have been mentioned before, but way too many pages to go through hehe...

Bugs:

* After updating a movie, the list on the left is not updated with the new info

* Recursivly it only picks up about 90 of my over 400 movies. Looks as if it has messed up Nightmare on Elm Street with Island of Lost souls somehow. I get an exception when loading Lost souls nfo but folder points to Nightmare. Hmmm

* When pressing Save on coverart and fanart pages, it does not get closed which you need to do manually. Just another step not needed.

Wishes:

* Often I already have an existing nfo where an imdb url is mentioned somewhere. This is either called nfo.nfo or something longer (scene naming). Would be nice if this url was used because often the movie file name is garbage (folder name is ok though). That way an exact hit would be made. Would be faster than asking imdb also

* Indication on the left showing the following states; Info, Thumb/Poster, Fanart. That way I can easily see if a movie is fully up-to-date

Other than that... Cool application! Keep it up and sorry again if any of these have been up Smile