Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=113)
+--- Thread: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows (/showthread.php?tid=33961)

- ultrabrutal - 2009-01-10

BUG? Also noticed that it actually overwrites my non-xbmc nfo's instead of creating a Movie.nfo which it should I think given there is only one movie file in the folder. Now my real nfo's are lost

- retrieverfalcon - 2009-01-11

What am I missing? Under XMC 2.085, I tried this and while it recognizes the multiple episode correctly, it only saves one .tbn file. The correct info is saved into the .nfo file and I can manually change the thumbnail in XBMC but I would expect this would save separate .tbn files for each episode.

Sample scraper log: http://pastebin.com/m3cbea363

- Hitcher - 2009-01-11

Multi-episode thumbs has only just been added to XBMC so you'll have to wait for Billy to add the feature to MC.

That's fine. I appreciate all Billy's hard work. I thought from your comment a few posts back about "MC does currently save separate thumbs for each episode" that this was already supported. If this is a upcoming feature, that's fine.

- Hitcher - 2009-01-11

retrieverfalcon Wrote:That's fine. I appreciate all Billy's hard work. I thought from your comment a few posts back about "MC does currently save separate thumbs for each episode" that this was already supported. If this is a upcoming feature, that's fine.

It adds the url for the thumbs but doesn't actually save each one - in fact I'm not sure how this can be achieved to be honest.

Yeah, I saw that and if you manually change to the remote thumb in XBMC (the one referenced by the URL in the nfo file) you can get separate thumbs for each episode loaded into the library. However, this doesn't do anything for maintaining the files in the file system if you need to rebuild the library at some point (my key reason for downloading them initially). Maybe Spiff can add some thoughts on the needed file formats since you would likely end up with .tbn files that don't exactly mirror the episode file.

- billyad2000 - 2009-01-11

I would need to have more information about the thumb path for multi-file nfos

eg at the moment :-

episodeS01E01-E02.avi
the tbn is stored as
episodeS01E01-E02.tbn

Even if there are multiple episodes in the nfo there can be only one thumb per nfo.

- Hitcher - 2009-01-11

Something similar to what I originally suggested might work -

Code:
<episodedetails>
    <title>The Book of the Sword (1)</title>
    <season>1</season>
    <episode>1</episode>
    <thumb>N:\Media\TV Shows\Samurai Girl\S01E01.tbn</thumb>
</episodedetails>
<episodedetails>
    <title>The Book of the Sword (2)</title>
    <season>1</season>
    <episode>2</episode>
    <thumb>N:\Media\TV Shows\Samurai Girl\S01E02.tbn</thumb>
</episodedetails>

I think that would mean changes to how XBMC looks for thumbs.

- nekrosoft13 - 2009-01-12

This program is lacking on serious option.

Can't change the languge of the show!

- rimmi2002 - 2009-01-12

Wow this program has about 96 pages worth of post on it. Is this the best program out there to catalog a media library for XBMC. How is this one better than the content finder in XBMC already present that automatically updates the library for you.

I tried the program and it made NFO files with dl fanart for each movie in the library. How can I export this information to XBMC?

- digitalhigh - 2009-01-12

rimmi2002 Wrote:Wow this program has about 96 pages worth of post on it. Is this the best program out there to catalog a media library for XBMC. How is this one better than the content finder in XBMC already present that automatically updates the library for you.

I tried the program and it made NFO files with dl fanart for each movie in the library. How can I export this information to XBMC?

Let's see...IMHO, it's a great program for cataloging your library. Depending on your preferences, it may be the best for what you want to do.

Versus the content finder in XBMC...it's got a lot more options, and the interface is a lot faster if you prefer custom art and posters. The stuff downloaded by XBMC automatically is just the first set of options...you can select from a lot more fanart and posters using a program like MIP.

You don't really export the information, MIP generates it via .nfo files, and then XBMC reads those files instead of downloading the info off of the internet. Saves a lot of time, and means that you can make sure everything is right.

- rimmi2002 - 2009-01-12

yeah just tried it seems like XBMC picks up everything from the NFO files. Wow a good way of keeping things cataloged on the computer. Nice Program. Is there a way to search other sites for FanART like you can do with movie Posters? I have some internation Indian movies that I am thinking might have fanart on other places. Thanks.

- billyad2000 - 2009-01-12

rimmi2002 Wrote:yeah just tried it seems like XBMC picks up everything from the NFO files. Wow a good way of keeping things cataloged on the computer. Nice Program. Is there a way to search other sites for FanART like you can do with movie Posters? I have some internation Indian movies that I am thinking might have fanart on other places. Thanks.

I will include the ability to add a url to the fanart window in the next build.

If you find fanart for movies not included in TMDb then why not upload them to the http://www.themoviedb.org/movie website for all to share?

- arnova - 2009-01-12

Would it be possible to have XBMC Media Companion store its output/files in another directory, than the directory holding the content/videos? I have an FTP readonly server which I use to stream from, and I would like to create all media info locally (first) and later on put it on the server.

- nekrosoft13 - 2009-01-13

billyad2000, please add an option to select language per show.

there are shows on http://thetvdb.com/ that for example have no description in English and no Episode info in English, so when you scrape those shows no info is being picked up.