Kodi Community Forum
Microsoft DVR-MS video container support request - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Microsoft DVR-MS video container support request (/showthread.php?tid=34)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

- Jorisdp - 2006-10-24

anywonder Wrote:(again sorry for the triple post but I don't see an edit button)

seems that enabling (checking) "no cache" in the OSD fixes my sync issues. Does anyone know if there's a way to enable this permanently, since I mainly watch dvr-ms files on xbmc?

It does not work for me No

Which release do you use? Mine is from october 15.

- sollie - 2006-10-24

Jorisdp Wrote:It does not work for me No

Which release do you use? Mine is from october 15.

Sorry, bad post.

- cheeha - 2006-10-25

I just softmoded my Xbox for the first time yesterday and installed XBMC-2.0.0-FINAL-FAT-T3CH. Everything works fantastic except for playing DVR-MS files streaming from my XP Media Center 2005 box.

Unlike exerybody else I have audio but my video is like it's in fast forward.

- cheeha - 2006-10-26

Since yesterday I have tried a few more releases of XBMC, still with no luck playing DVR-MS files...

XBMC-2.0.0-FINAL-SLIM-FIXED-T3CH: Audio is perfect but Video is in FF
XBMC-CVS_2006-09-24-T3CH: Again audio is perfect but Video is in FF
XBMC-CVS_2006-09-13-T3CH: Video is perfect but no audio

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it but I'm in Australia and we use PAL not NTSC. Seems strange to me that black88mx6 & anywonder can play them and not me Sad so I was thinking that possibly PAL recorded DVR-MS files may differ slightly?

- John Donaghy - 2006-11-01

I didnt realize until just now that this thread was going on and that there was really any interest in this. I wrote the patches that make mplayer play dvr-ms and I need samples to help improve it. In particular I'd like some HD samples of at least a minute in length both PAL and NTSC, progressive and interlaced. Not sure how they could be sent - maybe megaupload.com?

If you're interested, the last patch I submitted to mplayer that was accepted should have smooth playback without audio sync problems but may only work on SD recordings. I wont know till I get more samples though. I dont think it's been ported to xbmc mplayer though.

The aspect ratio will stil always be 4:3 even if the file is HD. I might be able to fix this with samples though.

- elupus - 2006-11-01

what they have in there cvs, we have in our cvs. however in the threads you noted that they applied the wrong version at some point. don't know if that is still the same.

the FF issue, I'm not sure about, but we used to have something similar for avi files a while back, came down to broken compiles never could track it down to any code issues.

J.D. on the >2gb issue for mplayer, it has never worked in mplayer built under cygwin. we use adjusted mingw headers to get around the issue. Sadly the mingw people never added large file support using off_t of 64 bits, only explicit support with separate functions. idiotic.

"what they have in there cvs, we have in our cvs. however in the threads you noted that they applied the wrong version at some point. don't know if that is still the same."

That's good - you're up to date. I just told them to ignore the subsequent patch as I discovered a problem with it.

"the FF issue, I'm not sure about, but we used to have something similar for avi files a while back, came down to broken compiles never could track it down to any code issues."

I'm not sure what you mean by "FF issue"?

"J.D. on the >2gb issue for mplayer, it has never worked in mplayer built under cygwin. we use adjusted mingw headers to get around the issue. Sadly the mingw people never added large file support using off_t of 64 bits, only explicit support with separate functions. idiotic."

Good that this isnt a problem for xbmc. Can you tell me where your fix for this is and I'll see if I can get it into the main mplayer sources?

- Jorisdp - 2006-11-01

John Donaghy Wrote:I didnt realize until just now that this thread was going on and that there was really any interest in this. I wrote the patches that make mplayer play dvr-ms and I need samples to help improve it. In particular I'd like some HD samples of at least a minute in length both PAL and NTSC, progressive and interlaced. Not sure how they could be sent - maybe megaupload.com?

If you're interested, the last patch I submitted to mplayer that was accepted should have smooth playback without audio sync problems but may only work on SD recordings. I wont know till I get more samples though. I dont think it's been ported to xbmc mplayer though.

The aspect ratio will stil always be 4:3 even if the file is HD. I might be able to fix this with samples though.

Nice to hear you are willing to work on it Smile

I can provide you a analoge PAL resolution drv-ms file. Is one minut long enough?

The problems I have with my PAL recordings is that the sound is out of sync and only 3/4 of the image is visible. The lower 1/4 is not visible.

Jorisdp Wrote:Nice to hear you are willing to work on it Smile

I can provide you a analoge PAL resolution drv-ms file. Is one minut long enough?

The problems I have with my PAL recordings is that the sound is out of sync and only 3/4 of the image is visible. The lower 1/4 is not visible.

I guess what I need is a long enough sample to see the sound going out of sync. How long does that take? Also, what do you think the is the best way to get a sample to me?

Didnt know about the picture size problem in PAL - I'll see what I can do. Are you willing to try out a test build of mplayer.dll if I think I have a fix for that?

- Jorisdp - 2006-11-01

John Donaghy Wrote:I guess what I need is a long enough sample to see the sound going out of sync. How long does that take? Also, what do you think the is the best way to get a sample to me?

Didnt know about the picture size problem in PAL - I'll see what I can do. Are you willing to try out a test build of mplayer.dll if I think I have a fix for that?

Hello the sound gets out of sync immediately.

I'am uploading a 45 seconds recording to megaupload.com, when it is finished I will let you know by a personal message (PM).

Yes with all pleasure would I like to test a new build of mplayer.dll

Thanks in advance!!

- elupus - 2006-11-01

JD, it's fixed by replacing certain headers in mingw, so it can't be merged into mplayer. the problem is they don't have any header that is certain to be included at the right point all the time so it can't really be fixed easily.

check our xbmcsys folder in the mplayer repo. the fixes are in stdio.h, io.h sys/stat.h and sys/types.h. if you know some folks at mingw one might persuade them to fix it.

- John Donaghy - 2006-11-02

Jorisdp Wrote:I'am uploading a 45 seconds recording to megaupload.com, when it is finished I will let you know by a personal message (PM).

I got the file and played it here, thanks. I see the problems with av sync and framesize. Now I know or sure that the both the frame size and average frame time picked up from the file header are wrong in PAL format recordings.

Knowing that is a start at least!

- cheeha - 2006-11-09

I've uploaded some samples of Australian digital recordings. When I play these on my xbmc the audio is perfect but the video is in fast forward.

- John Donaghy - 2006-11-09

Thanks to cheeta and Jorisdp for the dvr-ms samples. They've been very useful and if anyone else wants to post any more I'd appreciate it - I'm especially looking for NTSC HD samples at this stage.

I've put a test version of mplayer.dll here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PFPJ112X

if anyone wants to try it out and give feedback. I know you said you wanted to Jorisdp.

It may fix the framesize issue in PAL SD but I cant be certain. I did post a framesize fix to the main mplayer tree that was accepted and this dll includes that fix. It also includes better A/V syncing and both of these fixes make the PAL SD sample from Jorisdp play ok on my PC.

However, the PAL HD sample from cheeta still appears to have A/V sync issues and I dont know why yet. Let me know...

- RalphUp - 2006-11-11

Hi John,
I have tried the test version of mplayer.dll
All my previous issues with the screen being split in 4:3 aspect PAL recordings are gone now. but I still get audio sync issues fairly quickly.
I will try and makea few small clips to upload in the next few days.