Kodi Community Forum
Microsoft DVR-MS video container support request - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Microsoft DVR-MS video container support request (/showthread.php?tid=34)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

- Jorisdp - 2006-11-11

John Donaghy Wrote:Thanks to cheeta and Jorisdp for the dvr-ms samples. They've been very useful and if anyone else wants to post any more I'd appreciate it - I'm especially looking for NTSC HD samples at this stage.

I've put a test version of mplayer.dll here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PFPJ112X

if anyone wants to try it out and give feedback. I know you said you wanted to Jorisdp.

It may fix the framesize issue in PAL SD but I cant be certain. I did post a framesize fix to the main mplayer tree that was accepted and this dll includes that fix. It also includes better A/V syncing and both of these fixes make the PAL SD sample from Jorisdp play ok on my PC.

However, the PAL HD sample from cheeta still appears to have A/V sync issues and I dont know why yet. Let me know...

Thanks for your great work!!!

I have tested it also and the framesize is perfect for PAL now.

But I also still have audio sync problems, at the start for a second of 5 it seems ok, but after that it gets out of sync rapidly.

If you need more information please let me know.

- rwijbenga - 2006-11-11

@John

The aspect ratio problem's are also gone for me Smile

But still having audio sync problems... Sad

I have uploaded a small test file, I hope it helps you finding a solution....

Thanks for the great work !

http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=9CDCQSWR

Cheers !

- John Donaghy - 2006-11-14

Thanks for the feedback everybody. Much appreciated. I've posted another version of mplayer.dll which I hope will give better results:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L1OK3BCH

It seems to play the non-HD PAL samples ok. Let me know how it works out though.

However there does seem to be problems with the samples from Cheeta in that they seems to be slightly out of sync right from the start. I could get them to play if I ran mplayer from the command line with the "-delay" option. There's also a way to do this in mplayer interactively but I dont know if you can do it from xbmc. What I'd like to know is, if there are AV sync issues, do they get worse as playback progresses or do they stay just slightly out of sync.

John

- Jorisdp - 2006-11-14

John Donaghy Wrote:Thanks for the feedback everybody. Much appreciated. I've posted another version of mplayer.dll which I hope will give better results:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L1OK3BCH

It seems to play the non-HD PAL samples ok. Let me know how it works out though.

However there does seem to be problems with the samples from Cheeta in that they seems to be slightly out of sync right from the start. I could get them to play if I ran mplayer from the command line with the "-delay" option. There's also a way to do this in mplayer interactively but I dont know if you can do it from xbmc. What I'd like to know is, if there are AV sync issues, do they get worse as playback progresses or do they stay just slightly out of sync.

John

It works Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Thank you very much for your help! I really apreciate it!!

The audiosync is superb now and the framesize is still ok to!!

Very kind of you to help us with this Big Grin

- nutski - 2006-11-15

Have tried the new dll, been watching a show recorded on vista media center, audio gradually going out of sync, will try a few more records and see if it keeps happening

- elupus - 2006-11-15

JD, audio sync correction is in xbmc's osd, so that's no problem.

- Jorisdp - 2006-11-15

nutski Wrote:Have tried the new dll, been watching a show recorded on vista media center, audio gradually going out of sync, will try a few more records and see if it keeps happening

Mine is still doing very well, maybe because he used a recording of mine

I have watched severall recordings and it is working perfectlyBig Grin

Thanks to John, again!

- nutski - 2006-11-16

Only watched one long clip all the way through, will try some more tomorrow and see what happens Smile

- cheeha - 2006-11-18

John Donaghy Wrote:However there does seem to be problems with the samples from Cheeta in that they seems to be slightly out of sync right from the start. I could get them to play if I ran mplayer from the command line with the "-delay" option. There's also a way to do this in mplayer interactively but I dont know if you can do it from xbmc. What I'd like to know is, if there are AV sync issues, do they get worse as playback progresses or do they stay just slightly out of sync.

Hi John, the sync issue does get worse. On xbmc video continues on in fast forward while the sound is normal, when it runs out of video the file stops playing.

- John Donaghy - 2006-11-20

cheeha Wrote:Hi John, the sync issue does get worse. On xbmc video continues on in fast forward while the sound is normal, when it runs out of video the file stops playing.

Were you using the second version of the mplayer.dll I posted, or the first? I'd expect this problem when using the first version but not the second. If it is from the second version, can you post a 5 minute clip with mostly 'talking heads' so I can get a good look at the problem.

Thanks in advance.

John

- black88mx6 - 2006-11-22

On NTSC the audio is work great; are there any plans to clean up the video any more? Quite a few times I get blocking/pixilization using XBMC where I don't get the same when playing back from a PC.

- John Donaghy - 2006-11-25

black88mx6 Wrote:On NTSC the audio is work great; are there any plans to clean up the video any more? Quite a few times I get blocking/pixilization using XBMC where I don't get the same when playing back from a PC.
Maybe this is a network bandwidth issue. Does the file play ok if you first copy it to the xbox hard drive?

- black88mx6 - 2006-11-25

John Donaghy Wrote:Maybe this is a network bandwidth issue. Does the file play ok if you first copy it to the xbox hard drive?

Will test this out, but the xbox is hardwired to a 100mb switch. During the time when sound was cut out completely video was signifigently improved. It was switched back because we lost sound. Those improvements would be nice to have with sound.

- Robo983 - 2006-11-28

I haven't checked this thread recently but am excited to see the interest continue and to get John's help.

I am still on the 2.0 Final Load Slim from I think 10/13 and have problems with the DVRMS files. I have great video but no Audio. It starts out like static then mutes itself in about 30 seconds.

I didn't see anything written about where to save the mplayer.dll file. Is it suppose to be on my PC or on the XBMC? Where should I save it to test it? Does Mplayer work on PCs running WinXP? I would love to test my video on the PC vs the XB.

If I can figure out how to record in HD I will try and upload a sample. I use Meedio to record and do not remember an option on recording in HD but will check tonight.

- anywonder - 2006-11-28

mplayer.dll should go under E:\<wherever xbmc is on the xbox hard drive>\system\codecs\mplayer\mplayer.dll IIRC. THe audio sync issue is a tough one, if I play it on my Windows MEdia Cneter Extender it seems perfect but in XBMC it lags behind and then slowly keeps getting more out of sync, very odd. The other weird thing is jumping ahead with <timeseekforward> (set to 180 seconds in AdvancedSettings.xml---aka 3 minutes to skip most commericals Wink) as opposed to fast forwarding doesn't work, it skips to the end of the file instead of going ahead 3 minutes.