Kodi Community Forum
Microsoft DVR-MS video container support request - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Microsoft DVR-MS video container support request (/showthread.php?tid=34)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

- Don_Karnia - 2006-12-23

Only just joined these forums so nup, I'll have a look for it.

Replaced the original mplayer.dll file with the latest one and now it won't play anything... :confused2:

Hmm, turns out it wasn't downloading the full file, and was saying finished before completion. Downloaded with Getright, and now dvr-ms files seem fixed, except the audio comes a few seconds before the video.
Also, the image gets kinda fuzzy when moving... but that might be only cos I'm using my older, small TV to test. I won't know until I get ethernet cables going from my router to my lounge room...

Still, a big improvement, thanks. Big Grin

- John Donaghy - 2006-12-23

Don_Karnia Wrote:Downloaded with Getright, and now dvr-ms files seem fixed, except the audio comes a few seconds before the video.

Is the audio out of sync or do you mean that it starts before the video. If it's out of sync, does it say out by the same amount or does it get worse as time goes on - I mean can you fix it with the OSD?

John

It's weird... I've got a recording of Smallville with a few minutes of Simpsons before it. For those first few minutes, the audio seems to come a few seconds before the video, and I can't fix it by fast-forwarding slightly or using the OSD... but if I fast-forward to Smallville, it's fine for 30 seconds or so, and then gradually gets worse. Blegh...

- John Donaghy - 2006-12-28

Don_Karnia Wrote:It's weird... I've got a recording of Smallville with a few minutes of Simpsons before it. For those first few minutes, the audio seems to come a few seconds before the video, and I can't fix it by fast-forwarding slightly or using the OSD... but if I fast-forward to Smallville, it's fine for 30 seconds or so, and then gradually gets worse. Blegh...

I might be able to help if you can post a sample and tell me what kind of TV signal you're recording (HTSC, PAL or ATSC? framerate, resolution etc).

- elupus - 2006-12-28

John, when you have something you feel is working for most stuff, give me a put on sf page and pm me. I wan't to get this stuff into the new mplayer.dll in the works.

- John Donaghy - 2006-12-28

elupus Wrote:John, when you have something you feel is working for most stuff, give me a put on sf page and pm me. I wan't to get this stuff into the new mplayer.dll in the works.

A lot of things were fixed in the last patch I submitted to mplayer but I havent heard anything from them since I posted it - I think they're busy with other things. Do you want it anyway?

- sidneysides - 2006-12-29

Don_Karnia Wrote:Hilo
I haven't yet connected my XBMC to my LAN, so I've been testing files via data-dvds. Everything else plays fine, but with dvr-ms, the video is in fast-forward but the audio is normal. Tried messing around with the video configuration settings, but nothing helps.
I understand dvr-ms isn't fully compatible yet, but I'm finding it kinda strange that nobody else seems to have this specific problem.
Running XBMC 2.0.1... on a PAL xbox (could that be the problem...?).

Thanks

I am having the same problem - MCE on Vista here with a Pal XBox (XBMC 2.01)

- anywonder - 2006-12-30

Quote:View Post
It's weird... I've got a recording of Smallville with a few minutes of Simpsons before it. For those first few minutes, the audio seems to come a few seconds before the video, and I can't fix it by fast-forwarding slightly or using the OSD... but if I fast-forward to Smallville, it's fine for 30 seconds or so, and then gradually gets worse. Blegh...

You could try putting the video cache to 256kb (lowering from ~4mb), same as audio cache. I think that helped me out a bit

- elupus - 2006-12-31

yea, probably. thou it's no rush as i'll put it in the new mplayer.dll in development (mplayer_prelim branch).

- anywonder - 2007-01-03

Hmm, so I'm using the second mplayer.dll John posted and it fixed a lot of the crashing on resume and "SmallStepForward" problems.

But audio sync still is a problem for me! I don't know if it didn't notice it a few weeks ago or what, but I'm definitely noticing it again. If I play them in the (awful) Xbox Media Center Extender from Microsoft the a/v sync is perfect. (Go figure, the one file format it can play it does perfectly Wink)

Stopping the movie and then resuming it in XBMC from the same position returns the audio to sync, but then after about 10 minutes or so, it loses sync again. This happens whether I skip over commercials or not.

- anywonder - 2007-01-03

edit to add: and when I talk about sync, I mean the audio seems to start to get ahead or behind the video as it plays.

- John Donaghy - 2007-01-10

Just to keep you up to date, I've decided based upon all the feedback and supplied sample that more work is required to the dvr-ms demuxer before I should send a patch in. The biggest problem is that several people are still having AV sync problems (which seem to be mostly in 720p samples). The good news is that I've discovered more (undocumented) information in the container format that looks like it might provide an acceptable solution. It may take me a while though cause it's tricky and I dont have much time to devote to it.

Thanks for all the feedback so far.

John

- elupus - 2007-01-10

cool, hope you figure it out.