Kodi Community Forum
Microsoft DVR-MS video container support request - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Microsoft DVR-MS video container support request (/showthread.php?tid=34)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

- John Donaghy - 2007-03-30

I've uploaded a new version of mplayer.dll based on the mplayer_prelim sources as promised. The main change is that it should more generally be able to correctly detect the audio stream.

There could be some unexpected regressions though given that it is based on mplayer_prelim but also some improvements (e.g. aspect ratio should now work).

Feedback (both good and bad) appreciated.

Also, dont forget to back up your old mplayer.dll and use at your own risk.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CQC8YLAM

- xino - 2007-03-31

i am not greedy but I want XBMC to be able to play flash filesTongue

- Macfox - 2007-04-09

John Donaghy Wrote:I've uploaded a new version of mplayer.dll based on the mplayer_prelim sources as promised. The main change is that it should more generally be able to correctly detect the audio stream.

There could be some unexpected regressions though given that it is based on mplayer_prelim but also some improvements (e.g. aspect ratio should now work).

Feedback (both good and bad) appreciated.

John you're a champ. Audio detection now works for us Aussies as per the AC3/MP2 detection. I'll spread the news to the Mediaportal XBMC integration users. Keep up the good work.

- John Donaghy - 2007-04-09

Macfox Wrote:John you're a champ. Audio detection now works for us Aussies as per the AC3/MP2 detection. I'll spread the news to the Mediaportal XBMC integration users. Keep up the good work.

I'm glad it works for you. Thanks to some help I got from Jon Elwood (who is working on adding this to DVRMSToolbox - see here) we discovered that the method in the dll I posted doesnt always work. So some people might still have problems detecting the audio. However that's now fixed and should be available once this is incorporated into mplayer_prelim.

Can you also let me know if there are any sync issues or picture jerkiness with this latest version? I saw a couple of problems on some recordings I had but I'm not sure what the cause was.

BTW who are the Mediaportal XBMC integration users? Is there a thread somewhere for this?

Thanks,

John

- Macfox - 2007-04-10

Mediaportal - XMBC plugin by Chad

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mp_xbmc_intergration_scripts_v0_6d_update-t2263.html

We needed this update as MP only records in DVR-MS currently. Up til now you had to transcode to play under XBMC. Now it just works.

I haven't seen any breakup or sync issues apart from a the tiny bit of breakup after ffw or rew. Other than that, no issues for me.

I'll keep testing and report back any issues.

Regards
Rob

Shameless request - fvfv - 2007-04-13

I finally got my first dvr-ms file to play fine on the XBOX. I honestly think you are one of the first developers that have been able to create a non-unix mplayer that plays dvr-ms.

My shameless request : Can you either build or show me the steps on how to build a windows binary (being cyg-win or mingw) of mplayer that can play dvr-ms and works as good as the one you built ?

When I removed the reference to "-demuxer 35" on my "movie.dvr-ms.conf" file, the file played quite good, on sync and with good sound. So I believe you built an mplayer that does not need the asf demuxer.

I cannot believe that initial support for dvr-ms has been around since 2004 and on 2007 I am still unable to play dvr-ms with the latest win32 binaries.

Thanks for your support.

- elupus - 2007-04-13

get new a mplayer from their svn today, build.. play with -demuxer lavf... his patch for ffmpeg has been accepted.

speaking of wich, John, there where some comments on the svn log mailing list on your patch.

- elupus - 2007-04-14

John:

do you have an alternate patch that you use when building with our mplayer version? tried the one for mplayer's demuxer, but it crashes on dvr-ms files and gives no video on non dvr-ms files (due to missing fps/frametime)

<edit> found the missing fps/framerate, still have crashes thou </edit>
<edit> forgot about this message completely, i've got it to work </edit>

- John Donaghy - 2007-04-14

elupus Wrote:John:

do you have an alternate patch that you use when building with our mplayer version? tried the one for mplayer's demuxer, but it crashes on dvr-ms files and gives no video on non dvr-ms files (due to missing fps/frametime)

<edit> found the missing fps/framerate, still have crashes thou </edit>
<edit> forgot about this message completely, i've got it to work </edit>

Are you porting the patch I submitted to the Mplayer dev list? I can send you a version that works against the XBMC player_prelim sources if you like.

For what's it's worth I think we should go ahead and release it now that Nico has given it a tentative thumbs up.

- John Donaghy - 2007-04-15

fvfv Wrote:I finally got my first dvr-ms file to play fine on the XBOX. I honestly think you are one of the first developers that have been able to create a non-unix mplayer that plays dvr-ms.

My shameless request : Can you either build or show me the steps on how to build a windows binary (being cyg-win or mingw) of mplayer that can play dvr-ms and works as good as the one you built ?

When I removed the reference to "-demuxer 35" on my "movie.dvr-ms.conf" file, the file played quite good, on sync and with good sound. So I believe you built an mplayer that does not need the asf demuxer.

I cannot believe that initial support for dvr-ms has been around since 2004 and on 2007 I am still unable to play dvr-ms with the latest win32 binaries.

Thanks for your support.

Jon Elwood (DVRMSToolbox) has been creating Windows builds of MPlayer with my changes as well as a few of his own tweaks. You can download a prebuilt binary here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GODTUZ2H

- elupus - 2007-04-15

yup, i'v already applied the mplayer demuxer part, and getting ready to make prelim mplayer our standard. I'm abit hessitant to update lavf/lavc in at the moment since that could break other things, so it will not contain the fix for now, but that shouldn't matter too much.

John Donaghy Wrote:Jon Elwood (DVRMSToolbox) has been creating Windows builds of MPlayer with my changes as well as a few of his own tweaks. You can download a prebuilt binary here:

Jon told me that the original link is broken. Here's one that should work:

(Can I edit my posts?)

elupus Wrote:yup, i'v already applied the mplayer demuxer part, and getting ready to make prelim mplayer our standard. I'm abit hessitant to update lavf/lavc in at the moment since that could break other things, so it will not contain the fix for now, but that shouldn't matter too much.

That's great news. We dont really need lavf demuxer to play dvr-ms files. Things like seeking dont work as well in dvr-ms files plus I've seen it crash on samples that the native demuxer handles fine. The only advantage it has currently are:
  • a/v syncing is slightly better in some circumstances - sync sometime goes out with the native demuxer but it recovers in a few seconds
  • my recent lavf patch means that it can detect audio better but I'm working on porting that to the native demuxer and should have a patch for you soon

- fvfv - 2007-04-16

The megaupload link says that the file is unavailable.

I have been trying for the last 3 days to compile a win32 binary under mingw but all I get is undefined references complains.

I Svn'ed the latest from mplayer.hq.hu and the error references are in :

libavcodec/libavcodec.a(parser.o):parser.cSad.text+0xec4): undefined reference to `ff_ac3_freqs'.

I cannot find where ff_ac3**** calls are implemented. They are defined on the source as extern subroutines (extern const uint16_t ff_ac3_freqs[3];)

But, what library or package implements them ?

- John Donaghy - 2007-04-16

fvfv Wrote:The megaupload link says that the file is unavailable.

I have been trying for the last 3 days to compile a win32 binary under mingw but all I get is undefined references complains.

I Svn'ed the latest from mplayer.hq.hu and the error references are in :

libavcodec/libavcodec.a(parser.o):parser.cSad.text+0xec4): undefined reference to `ff_ac3_freqs'.

I cannot find where ff_ac3**** calls are implemented. They are defined on the source as extern subroutines (extern const uint16_t ff_ac3_freqs[3];)

But, what library or package implements them ?

Oops, I sent you the wrong link. Sorry. This should work but if not let me know. Building mplayer isnt straightforward if you havent done it before. Plus, large file support is broken in MINGW but I know Jon's version includes a workaround for that.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=61SK2JIK