Kodi Community Forum
Microsoft DVR-MS video container support request - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Microsoft DVR-MS video container support request (/showthread.php?tid=34)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

- deltop - 2004-08-24

(mainsg @ aug. 24 2004,17:50 Wrote:ahhhh, but i did search all groups for dvr-ms. came up with zip-o-la, that is why i asked. check it for yourself. nada...
can't have tried that hard:

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....0150e90

tip: when searching in forums don't search for "dvr-ms" search instead for "dvr ms" it was the "-" that was most likely throwing your search off.

- jayz1220 - 2004-09-23

hello everyone, sorry if this has been asked about already, but i could not find any info in my searches.

is xmbc able to playback files recorded on a windows media center computer. i attempted this earlier and made xbmc browse the directory that the windows media center (mce) files were in, unfortuantly from the "file" menu in xmbc it did not play these files. i cant access the mce box right now but i think the file extensions were .dvr- or something like that.

i checked to see if these files can be played somewhere else, and they played back just fine on a desktop with wm9 installed.

if anyone can give me some information about the capabilities regarding this file format/extension i would be grateful.

many thanks
jay

- senergy - 2004-09-24

i dont think you searched hard enough. here is the main thread
and the answer is no it cant play them. it may in the future but probably not as ms use a closed source container.

- Gamester17 - 2004-10-25

fyi, ffmpeg has just coded/implemented a dvr-ms demuxer into libavformat (asf.c/avienc.c) less than 24 hours ago Cool
now mplayer that don't use libavformat demuxer library from ffmpeg but they could probebely port that part easily Huh
...so 'all' you need to do is nag the mplayer-devs to port/implement that dvr-ms demuxer from ffmpeg to mplayer Wink

note! before you ask; no, this will/can not circomvent drm protection that microsoft (may) have on your dvr-ms files!
(drm drm = digital rights management decrypting/cracking/hacking is a separate issue and should be treated as such!Wink

- ezar2003 - 2004-10-30

yes...
if you would like to test download this mplayer_20041030 and copy .dll and .conf to mplayer dir...

now,
a) rename .dvr-ms to .avi (or add .dvr-ms extension to xboxmediacenter.xml)
b) creates a .conf file... (if you have a sample.dvr-ms creates sample.dvr-ms.conf in same dir) and add demuxer=35 inside...

sorry for delay!!

- Gamester17 - 2004-10-31

@ezar2003, are you looking/aiming to submit that demuxer as a patch to mplayer for linux (and mplayer for windows) and/or xbmc? Cool
ps! remember that the mplayer-devs are really fussy about accepting patches, make sure add doxygen tags/info, and don't do cosmetics

- loonytunes - 2004-11-01

i am really suprised that dvr-ms support has not been included yet either by the xbmc devs or the mplayer team...
microsoft are about to release their xbox extenders for mce but it would be nice to see xbmc add support and beat ms at their own game.................anyone got any info about the possibilities of this being considered??

- chadoe - 2004-11-01

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....6;st=15

b) creates a .conf file... (if you have a sample.dvr-ms creates sample.dvr-ms.conf in same dir) and add demuxer=35 inside...

hi, this is great stuff, but can someone clarify this bit please??

ta

hi ok, this maybe a matter of not having some config right, (see above post) but i can now play dvr-ms- sort of....... :-(
very blocky and freezes up after a few seconds any help please??

- ezar2003 - 2004-11-02

hi,
that is an example:
1. you have a file that it names sample.dvr-ms
2. create a text file and names it sample.dvr-ms.conf (put this file in the same dir that sample.dvr-ms is it)
3. now edit sample.dvr-ms.conf and put demuxer=35 inside...

conf example file

and... if you want to test dvr-ms sample file (rename it to sample.dvr-ms)

- umopdn - 2004-11-08

greet guys,

i've been following this thread a bit, and i have the video playing on the xb, however no audio. video stream seems to play fine (sometimes a bit blocky, but decent)

could i be missing a codec to play the audio? if so, how to fix?

thanks alot!

- loonytunes - 2004-11-08

hi as i see it, this can play a file as long as you create a custom file with the same name as the file you are trying to play, is there a way of actually getting playback for a all dvr-ms on my drive without having to create a file with names for every fileHuh? and is this being submitted to the mplayer guys for building into the mplayer releases which would mean in xbmc too, i just want to play my dvr-ms :bowdown:

- ezar2003 - 2004-11-09

hi,
@loonytunes: can you test with this mplayer (2004-11-08) port (you don't need .conf file!!!Wink - i send it to mplayer guys -
@umopdn: please post a sample file

- loonytunes - 2004-11-09

ok, image quality is fine, but i have no sound on any dvr-ms files, everything now plays without having to have the config file though...

this is coming on really well so much respect to you for doing this...

issues...

1: no sound
2:cant fast forward or rewind faster than 4x or it crashes
3:everytime i stop playback everything sticks and i have to restart my box