Kodi Community Forum
Microsoft DVR-MS video container support request - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Microsoft DVR-MS video container support request (/showthread.php?tid=34)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

- fvfv - 2007-04-17

Thanks a lot !!!!

This version plays dvr-ms, same as the xbox. There are still some sync problems and shuttering, but I guess this is to be expected from cutting edge development.

How do I keep up with development ?

Will new changes be reflected on this thead or is there anywhere else I can get news on new changes , straight from the mplayer developers ?

Thanks for your support.

- John Donaghy - 2007-04-19

fvfv Wrote:Thanks a lot !!!!

This version plays dvr-ms, same as the xbox. There are still some sync problems and shuttering, but I guess this is to be expected from cutting edge development.

How do I keep up with development ?

Will new changes be reflected on this thead or is there anywhere else I can get news on new changes , straight from the mplayer developers ?

Thanks for your support.

I occasionally post fixes to the Mplayer developers list if you want to monitor that. I havent seen anyone else send patches for dvr-ms in quite a while.

I'm always interested in samples that dont play well so if you want to post a short clip to somewhere like megaupload.com I'd appreciate it, plus it'll increases your chances of getting it working properly. About a minute in length with people talking is good enough.

- fvfv - 2007-04-19

I just got a 2 minute recording off an ATI HDTV Wonder.

Here is the link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8B0XFH2M

It plays out of sync as it starts and then it fixes itself.

- fvfv - 2007-04-22

John. I was wondering if you could help me here.

I would like to be able to implement what xbmc does when pressing the "Enter" button on the DVD Remote, which causes mplayer to cycle thru different aspect-ratios. I know that mplayer has the "c" command, which supposedly cycles on "fullscreenmode", but is only available with the -vo sdl output driver.

I have not been able to get mplayer with sdl on windows. Is there any other way I can accomplish this on the current svn mplayer, that is, cycle aspect rations with a key press ?

Thanks.

- elupus - 2007-04-22

that isn't done using mplayer, that our video output that does the cycling. and no there is no such function in mplayer on windows. you have to specify aspect on commandline.

- John Donaghy - 2007-04-26

fvfv Wrote:I just got a 2 minute recording off an ATI HDTV Wonder.

Here is the link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8B0XFH2M

It plays out of sync as it starts and then it fixes itself.

What software did you record this with - Windows MCE or something different? The contents are a little different than anything I've seen before. I got some help from Jon Elwood on this and he posted a new version of mplayer for windows here which might work better:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FPAWCHKG

The av sync is still out at the start with this version though because the information that helps determine the framerate isnt present - or else it's somewhere else in the data. It should correct itself in a few seconds though which might be good enough.

John

- fvfv - 2007-04-28

It was recorded with GBPVR on an ATI DVD Wonder Card.

- John Donaghy - 2007-05-02

fvfv Wrote:It was recorded with GBPVR on an ATI DVD Wonder Card.

Just to let you know, I passed this sample to Jon Elwood (http://babgvant.com/forums/7/2758/ShowThread.aspx) and he tweaked my code a bit and got it to play perfectly. At some point in the near future one of us will submit the fix to the main mplayer project and from there it should make its way into XBMC. In the meantime I think he posted a working build that includes this fix on his forum.

John

- fvfv - 2007-05-03

The last binaries I downloaded worked flawlessly.

Perfect synch and auto audio detection.

Thanks a lot for all the help.

- Auldar - 2007-05-21

Hi John,

Firstly, thank you for your (and jelwood's) work on both mplayer, mencoder, and ffmpeg.

Have all your changes been ported into the latest SVN versions of XBMC yet? I've loaded it up, and it does appear to have most of your changes, but I did lose audio on a PAL recording after skipping forward.

The biggest issue I want to report though on PAL recordings, is a fairly significant amount of deinterlacing artifacts..

What's the best way to show you the issue? Upload a short capture to megaupload? Screenshots?

I hope you're still working on this..

- Auldar - 2007-05-21

Auldar Wrote:Hi John,

Firstly, thank you for your (and jelwood's) work on both mplayer, mencoder, and ffmpeg.

Have all your changes been ported into the latest SVN versions of XBMC yet? I've loaded it up, and it does appear to have most of your changes, but I did lose audio on a PAL recording after skipping forward.

The biggest issue I want to report though on PAL recordings, is a fairly significant amount of deinterlacing artifacts..

What's the best way to show you the issue? Upload a short capture to megaupload? Screenshots?

Actually - I may not have my deinterlace options set correctly in XBMC. I'll get back to you if this is a real issue.

- Auldar - 2007-05-22

Auldar Wrote:Actually - I may not have my deinterlace options set correctly in XBMC. I'll get back to you if this is a real issue.

Hmm - well I played with the deinterlace options, and it's no good. With deinterlacing options enabled (in the video properties during playback), the files become unwatchable - lost frames, very jumpy.. Seems like CPU overload..

- Auldar - 2007-05-22

Hmm - can't edit.

For the record, I tried every deinterlacing option, and all work bad, some much worse than others, but none of them were watchable..

- John Donaghy - 2007-05-24

Auldar Wrote:Hi John,

AFAIK elupus ported pretty much everything I did to the latest XBMC SVN including things that are not yet in the Windows version of MPlayer.

Unfortunately though I cant really help you with deinterlacing because I dont know much about it. Some obvious questions come to mind though that might help somebody shed light on the problem:

1. Is this a dvr-ms-only issue for you?
  2. Are the problems in HD recording only and if so, what's the frame size? (If you're having trouble deinterlacing SDTV then something must be very wrong).
  3. Maybe you can post a sample for someone to verify the problem on their hardware.
  4. Anyone else seen this?

John

- Auldar - 2007-05-30

John Donaghy Wrote:AFAIK elupus ported pretty much everything I did to the latest XBMC SVN including things that are not yet in the Windows version of MPlayer.

Unfortunately though I cant really help you with deinterlacing because I dont know much about it. Some obvious questions come to mind though that might help somebody shed light on the problem:

1. Is this a dvr-ms-only issue for you?
  2. Are the problems in HD recording only and if so, what's the frame size? (If you're having trouble deinterlacing SDTV then something must be very wrong).
  3. Maybe you can post a sample for someone to verify the problem on their hardware.
  4. Anyone else seen this?

John

Hi John,

Yep, DVR-MS only.

SD recordings from Vista MC.

I'll post a sample when I can..