Kodi Community Forum
Microsoft DVR-MS video container support request - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Microsoft DVR-MS video container support request (/showthread.php?tid=34)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

- elupus - 2007-05-30

John:
Hmm.. maybe i broke something now. I ported the mplayerhq svn version of your patch. So what isn't in mplayer's svn?

- John Donaghy - 2007-05-31

elupus Wrote:John:
Hmm.. maybe i broke something now. I ported the mplayerhq svn version of your patch. So what isn't in mplayer's svn?

elupus

The things that arent in the main mplayer are:
  • Better detection of audio stream type (mainly related to HD)
  • Some seeking improvements
  • Removal of some now redundant mpeg video parsing functions

I believe you ported my original patch but Nico wanted me to break it up into smaller chunks. So I resubmitted the main piece and left the (relatively small) remaining three pieces till later. The three omissions are unlikely to affect de-interlacing in any way but the main piece could have been broken somehow when you ported it.

Aludar: Can you (or anybody else) confirm that this is only a de-interlacing problem? I mean, does playback work on a standard TV but not work properly on a HDTV due to de-interlacing causing problems. That's my understanding of the problem but I find it hard to see how that could be a dvr-ms-only issue unless playback is also broken on a standard TV.

Unfortunately I dont have a HDTV to check this out but I'll try to rebuild mplayer.dll from SVN and see if playback works for me. Perhaps it's a PAL-only issue or a Vista-only issue so I'll definitely need a sample.

- Auldar - 2007-06-01

Big Grin
John Donaghy Wrote:elupus

The things that arent in the main mplayer are:
  • Better detection of audio stream type (mainly related to HD)
  • Some seeking improvements
  • Removal of some now redundant mpeg video parsing functions

I believe you ported my original patch but Nico wanted me to break it up into smaller chunks. So I resubmitted the main piece and left the (relatively small) remaining three pieces till later. The three omissions are unlikely to affect de-interlacing in any way but the main piece could have been broken somehow when you ported it.

Aludar: Can you (or anybody else) confirm that this is only a de-interlacing problem? I mean, does playback work on a standard TV but not work properly on a HDTV due to de-interlacing causing problems. That's my understanding of the problem but I find it hard to see how that could be a dvr-ms-only issue unless playback is also broken on a standard TV.

Unfortunately I dont have a HDTV to check this out but I'll try to rebuild mplayer.dll from SVN and see if playback works for me. Perhaps it's a PAL-only issue or a Vista-only issue so I'll definitely need a sample.

Hi John,

I saw it on normal 4:3 CRT with XBMC running at 576i as well as my 16:9 50" Plasma with XBMC running in 1080i..

I also had a PAL DTV recording with no audio, so perhaps your audio changes are still required..

I'll try to find the time to post a 5-10 second sample (my wife's recovering from an operation atm, so I'm quite busy looking after her and the kids Tongue).

- elupus - 2007-06-01

John:
ok, could you send me the latest uptodate patch and i'll reapply it. i'm trying to squash the other asf bug that has shown up. (ie wrong fps playback on some streams)

- John Donaghy - 2007-06-01

elupus Wrote:John:
ok, could you send me the latest uptodate patch and i'll reapply it. i'm trying to squash the other asf bug that has shown up. (ie wrong fps playback on some streams)

I'm not sure what exactly you need here so I'll send you a PM to keep the noise out of this discussion.

John

- John Donaghy - 2007-06-01

John Donaghy Wrote:I'm not sure what exactly you need here so I'll send you a PM to keep the noise out of this discussion.

John

Update: I just built the latest version and had a look at the code. It seems to be very close to what is in mplayerhq - so the audio detection and seeking improvements are NOT in xbmcmplayer anymore. Also, it doesnt play dvr-ms properly at the minute either for some reason - I'm getting choppy picture and sound. I'll have to investigate further to find out why this is when I get a chance.

I'll also create patches for the audio and seeking improvements in the near future and submit them to mplayerhq and to elupus.

- John Donaghy - 2007-06-02

John Donaghy Wrote:Update:...

I'm getting choppy picture and sound. I'll have to investigate further to find out why this is when I get a chance.

It seems I was wrong about dvr-ms playback not working with the latest mplayer.dll -- at least on my recordings. Once I updated to the latest version of XBMC everything was fine. (Sorry elupus -- you did a great job!)

John

- prulleman - 2007-06-12

Hi John, I have a question about this subject, I have one of the latest T3CH builds which includes:
2007-05-28 9130 updated: asf demuxer to mplayerhq version. contains a new version of John's dvr-ms demuxer code. (mplayer.dll) fixed: mplayer would spew out more caching messages than normal since rewriting of cache aborting routine (mplayer.dll) fixed: noise filter would use wrong image size for direct rendering wich caused libavcodec to break because of the changed stride of the image. (mplayer.dll)

I have some problems with seeking forward and backward. It looks like the percentage seeks do not work, but when you overrule this in the advancedsettings.xml, the fixed seconds also don't work.

When a recording is finished (total time known) the normal forward and backward are 5 minutes (also when set to 30 seconds), big fw and big bw are complete messed up, (end /start of file). Step back is also strange.
Only the fast fw and f bw (2x, 4x etc) are working.

When a recording is still running, the fast ff and fast bw doesn't work, so the only thing you can do is 5 minutes forward or 5 minutes backwards... This kinda sucks when the comercial breaks aren't exactly 5 minutes.. Smile

The video quality is very good BTW!.

- John Donaghy - 2007-06-15

prulleman Wrote:Hi John, I have a question about this subject, I have one of the latest T3CH builds which includes:
2007-05-28 9130 updated: asf demuxer to mplayerhq version. contains a new version of John's dvr-ms demuxer code. (mplayer.dll) fixed: mplayer would spew out more caching messages than normal since rewriting of cache aborting routine (mplayer.dll) fixed: noise filter would use wrong image size for direct rendering wich caused libavcodec to break because of the changed stride of the image. (mplayer.dll)

I have some problems with seeking forward and backward. It looks like the percentage seeks do not work, but when you overrule this in the advancedsettings.xml, the fixed seconds also don't work.

When a recording is finished (total time known) the normal forward and backward are 5 minutes (also when set to 30 seconds), big fw and big bw are complete messed up, (end /start of file). Step back is also strange.
Only the fast fw and f bw (2x, 4x etc) are working.

When a recording is still running, the fast ff and fast bw doesn't work, so the only thing you can do is 5 minutes forward or 5 minutes backwards... This kinda sucks when the comercial breaks aren't exactly 5 minutes.. Smile

The video quality is very good BTW!.

Yes, thanks for letting me know. I have a fix for seeking that should address most of these issues and I hope to post a patch soon.

Some of the test dlls I posted a while ago on this thread should have the fix, so it might be worth trying one of those.

John

- prulleman - 2007-06-20

Thanks, I will give it a try

Vista Media Center files and XBMC - goku31640 - 2008-05-07

I had a question, I was wondering if there is anyway to add the Vista Media Center recorded shows to the XBMC library?

I know the correct naming format is 1x02,s01e02 etc.. but Vista Media Center names them by Date

Example:House_KSAS_05_05_2008_19_58_07.dvr-ms
Example:House_KSAS_28_04_2008_19_58_06.dvr-ms

Is there anyway to add these to the Library in XBMC? I would rename them, but then I couldn't see them in order in Vista Media Center.

Or is there any way to automatically copy a video as soon as its recorded to another directory and ill just add that source to XBMC and rename those files?

- canyonquest - 2008-05-09

I'm in the same boat.

I use DVRMSToolbox to cut commercials and rename the files based on OriginalBroadcastDateTime, Title, and SubTitle
http://babgvant.com/
Thus
/Recorded TV/House_KSAS_05_05_2008_19_58_07.dvr-ms
becomes;
/Recorded TV/House/(2008-05-05) House - Living the Dream.dvr-ms
Windows Media Center doesn't seem to mind the change.
I run a batch file under the Task Scheduler to create TBN's with the same name using ffmpeg.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=29699
This makes the shared episodes somewhat user-friendly in XBMC but it still isn't as great as library mode.

XBMC seems to only care about season and episode numbers but this info isn't in the dvr-ms metadata. Anybody have any suggestions on how to get episodes into the library automatically (thetvdb.com api, nfo file creation, etc.)?

Thanks.

- StodgyWaif - 2008-05-15

It would be great if XBMC could have built in support for these files. I don't even bother with the video library as it stands. Just browse the share and play them to find out which episode is which.

If anyone knows of some sort of automated way of getting this to work right, please share!!

- rgviewer - 2008-05-29

I was wondering if you could share how you created a batch file and how you used Task Scheduler to auto update your thumbnails. I am able to open a command prompt in C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV and generate thumbs, but it would be very helpful if it could do it all automaticaly.

Also you said that you use DVRMSToolbox to rename all your recordings. I also use this to remove commercials but haven't found any place in the program to allow to change names.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Ron

DVR-MS FF and Rewind issue - jangeador - 2008-06-07

Has the issue with Seeking been fixed yet. I have a fairly new t3ch build and I have the issues with seeking not working.

Thanks.