Kodi Community Forum
How to create a list of movie ordered by full date ? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: How to create a list of movie ordered by full date ? (/showthread.php?tid=345161)

Pages: 1 2

How to create a list of movie ordered by full date ? - Nicodeme - 2019-07-04

Hello !

(Sorry for my bad english)

I want to create a menu named "Marvel" and this menu will show the MCU movie but ordred by full release date (i.e 2010/01/01, not only 2010). Why ? Because Marvel released several movie in the same year and Kodi order by date (year) then by alphabetical order...

Can AeonMQ and / or Kodi can do this please ?

Thanks in advance !

RE: How to create a list of movie ordered by full date ? - chrissix666 - 2019-07-04

(2019-07-04, 21:10)Nicodeme Wrote: I want to create a menu named "Marvel" and this menu will show the MCU movie but ordred by full release date (i.e 2010/01/01, not only 2010). Why ? Because Marvel released several movie in the same year and Kodi order by date (year) then by alphabetical order...

Are you sure it's not sorting by exact date release?
Which Aeon MQ Skin exactly you are using? (number, vanilla or a mod)

I use Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod and it's always sorting by exact release date!
But the same problem you mentioned i had with Yatse very long, but since a newest update that's also updated.

RE: How to create a list of movie ordered by full date ? - Nicodeme - 2019-07-04

(2019-07-04, 21:22)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-07-04, 21:10)Nicodeme Wrote: I want to create a menu named "Marvel" and this menu will show the MCU movie but ordred by full release date (i.e 2010/01/01, not only 2010). Why ? Because Marvel released several movie in the same year and Kodi order by date (year) then by alphabetical order...

Are you sure it's not sorting by exact date release?
Which Aeon MQ Skin exactly you are using? (number, vanilla or a mod)

I use Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod and it's always sorting by exact release date!
But the same problem you mentioned i had with Yatse very long, but since a newest update that's also updated.

Hi Smile

I have a fresh install of LibreElec 9.0.2 with Kodi 18.2, and AeonMQ 8 I think (last version on kodi repo from this afternoon).

I will look on sorted parameter because I haven't same result as yours...

RE: How to create a list of movie ordered by full date ? - chrissix666 - 2019-07-04

(2019-07-04, 22:09)Nicodeme Wrote: Hi Smile

I have a fresh install of LibreElec 9.0.2 with Kodi 18.2, and AeonMQ 8 I think (last version on kodi repo from this afternoon).

I will look on sorted parameter because I haven't same result as yours...
Maybe in MQ8 changed the code! MQ8 deleted a lot of code in comparison to MQ7 - less weight, faster, but also less features.

RE: How to create a list of movie ordered by full date ? - Karellen - 2019-07-04

(2019-07-04, 21:10)Nicodeme Wrote: I want to create a menu named "Marvel" and this menu will show the MCU movie but ordred by full release date (i.e 2010/01/01, not only 2010).
There are two date tags in nfo files...
xml:
<premiered>2019-01-31</premiered>
<year>2019</year>

Kodi scrapes the full date when using the Kodi scrapers, and defaults to the <premiered> tag when reading nfo files. Some media managers do not fill in the <premiered> tag, instead using the simple <year> tag. If you are not able to sort correctly, then I would say this is the problem. Are you using NFO Files? If yes, open one up and see which tag is being used.

RE: How to create a list of movie ordered by full date ? - Nicodeme - 2019-07-04

(2019-07-04, 22:59)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-07-04, 21:10)Nicodeme Wrote: I want to create a menu named "Marvel" and this menu will show the MCU movie but ordred by full release date (i.e 2010/01/01, not only 2010).
There are two date tags in nfo files...
xml:
<premiered>2019-01-31</premiered>
<year>2019</year>

Kodi scrapes the full date when using the Kodi scrapers, and defaults to the <premiered> tag when reading nfo files. Some media managers do not fill in the <premiered> tag, instead using the simple <year> tag. If you are not able to sort correctly, then I would say this is the problem. Are you using NFO Files? If yes, open one up and see which tag is being used. 

You're right, NFO file contain <year> tag... Must all do again with Kodi it seems...

RE: How to create a list of movie ordered by full date ? - Karellen - 2019-07-05

Ok great!!

Just a little bit off topic and curiosity only, why do you prefer to list them by year released? Would it be better to list them in canonical order? As shown in the following link...
https://www.alltimelines.com/marvel-multiverse-chronology/marvel-cinematic-universe-timeline/?media__type%5B0%5D=102&media__type%5B1%5D=289&sort=chronologicalorder&per_page=50

You could also create a Custom home items (wiki) for Movie Universes like this image...

RE: How to create a list of movie ordered by full date ? - Nicodeme - 2019-07-05

(2019-07-05, 01:03)Karellen Wrote: Ok great!!

Just a little bit off topic and curiosity only, why do you prefer to list them by year released? Would it be better to list them in canonical order? As shown in the following link...
https://www.alltimelines.com/marvel-multiverse-chronology/marvel-cinematic-universe-timeline/?media__type%5B0%5D=102&media__type%5B1%5D=289&sort=chronologicalorder&per_page=50

You could also create a Custom home items (wiki) for Movie Universes like this image...

Because I think canonical order take off some flavour to post-generic scenes ^^ It's only a personal feeling Smile

Great Custom Home Item ! I want to create a menu in Aeon MQ 8 only for Marvel. But it's may be not the optimal way ! In fact, I hide all standards menus and I create menu based on playlists. Movies, Animes, TV Shows, Animated TV Shows, etc. and MCU Smile But I used all possibilities of menus...

RE: How to create a list of movie ordered by full date ? - Nicodeme - 2019-07-07

Is there one media manager who can fill the NFO file with <premiered> tag ?

I try Media Center Master and MediaElch, but it seems they can't...

RE: How to create a list of movie ordered by full date ? - SteveSmith - 2019-07-08

(2019-07-07, 23:39)Nicodeme Wrote: Is there one media manager who can fill the NFO file with <premiered> tag ?

Media Companion is what I use, and  it has Premiered Date
Media Companion

RE: How to create a list of movie ordered by full date ? - Nicodeme - 2019-07-08

(2019-07-08, 07:44)SteveSmith Wrote:
(2019-07-07, 23:39)Nicodeme Wrote: Is there one media manager who can fill the NFO file with <premiered> tag ?

Media Companion is what I use, and  it has Premiered Date
Media Companion 

Thank you, i give it a try Wink

RE: How to create a list of movie ordered by full date ? - Karellen - 2019-07-08

The Kodi scrapers fill the <premiered> tag.

RE: How to create a list of movie ordered by full date ? - Nicodeme - 2019-07-09

(2019-07-08, 21:38)Karellen Wrote:
The Kodi scrapers fill the <premiered> tag. 

Yeah but i want an external tool Wink And MediaCompanion do it Smile Thanks for your responses !

RE: How to create a list of movie ordered by full date ? - MapleFlakes - 2019-07-11

(2019-07-04, 21:10)Nicodeme Wrote: Hello !

(Sorry for my bad english)

I want to create a menu named "Marvel" and this menu will show the MCU movie but ordred by full release date (i.e 2010/01/01, not only 2010). Why ? Because Marvel released several movie in the same year and Kodi order by date (year) then by alphabetical order...

Thanks in advance !

Try out Titan Bingie. It has that feature and 1,000 More. Plus it has an exclusive Netflix Style Theme.

RE: How to create a list of movie ordered by full date ? - 2469 - 2020-01-28

Hello, i just wonder if its possible to make movie sets in canonical order but still have add by date in the library? Because my family use it and opens movie on kodi and wants to see the latest added movies, but when i sort out my movie collections i can not get them in canonical. Are there a solution for me? Rehards Thore from Sweden