Kodi Community Forum
Kodi Pauses - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Kodi Pauses (/showthread.php?tid=345912)

Pages: 1 2

Kodi Pauses - rymufc77 - 2019-08-02

Anyone knows why kodi is pausing every 30 seconds or so ? then when i hit play again it pauses for another 30 seconds 

tks

Kodi Pauses - DarrenHill - 2019-08-02

To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum

RE: Kodi Pauses - rymufc77 - 2019-08-02

i cant right now i m not home 
do you have an idea on whats causing that ?

RE: Kodi Pauses - Klojum - 2019-08-02

(2019-08-02, 09:24)rymufc77 Wrote: do you have an idea on whats causing that ?

Sorry, we have no crystal ball here.

(2019-08-02, 09:42)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-08-02, 09:24)rymufc77 Wrote: do you have an idea on whats causing that ?

Sorry, we have no crystal ball here. 
ok ok no need for bitching around

RE: Kodi Pauses - Klojum - 2019-08-02

I said sorry.

RE: Kodi Pauses - DarrenHill - 2019-08-02

(2019-08-02, 09:24)rymufc77 Wrote: i cant right now i m not home 
do you have an idea on whats causing that ?

Not without the log, or at least a lot more useful information like what version of Kodi, what media source, what file format, whether the media is local on your device, somewhere on your local network or from somewhere on the internet.

The log will provide all that information (if captured on such a failing playback).

kodi 17.6 
media source the official youtube addon 
the thing only happens on kodi on the android box but on kodi on the pc it dosent pause every 30 seconds

If it's specifically that add-on and no others it may be worth raising it in the add-on support thread along with the log link.

But grab the log and post the link to it here after it's uploaded and we can have a look. it's certainly not normal though.

no its not only that addon 
all of them tbh 
when ill get home il check and try to upload the log
i dont know how though

There's some detailed guidance in the wiki - debug log (wiki).

But the simplest route is to install the Kodi Log Uploader addon from the official repo (it's under program addons if I remember correctly) and just use that. It will upload the log for you and give you a url. That URL is what you need to supply here and we can then access it for review.

Otherwise it involves transferring the file (it's just a text file) from the stick to a more convenient device (a PC or suchlike) via a suitable share (or adb) and then copy/paste to paste.kodi.tv . On a firestick that's not so trivial to do, hence why the addon was made to automate it.

ok will try this

RE: Kodi Pauses - chrissix666 - 2019-08-02

(2019-08-02, 08:26)rymufc77 Wrote: Anyone knows why kodi is pausing every 30 seconds or so ? then when i hit play again it pauses for another 30 seconds 

tks
Had a similar problem kodi was fast forwarding and fast backwarding similarly frequented. After several kodi fresh installs and a lot of nerve work i found the problem:
Always when my controller was enabled it sent keystrokes from itself - the controller was wasted maybe playing too much Mortal Kombat with daughter.
Another time a script task running in background was running faulty also sending unwanted keystrokes. The faulty script was coded myself but in worst of worst cases also malicious software (virus, trojan or whatever) could send unwanted keystrokes.

Try to run a keylogger then you can see if a button will be pushed in system. Some keylogger also recognize where the command comes from (a HID, emulated HID or Software)

RE: Kodi Pauses - Beejay2004 - 2019-08-02

(2019-08-02, 08:26)rymufc77 Wrote: Anyone knows why kodi is pausing every 30 seconds or so ? then when i hit play again it pauses for another 30 seconds 

tks

Having the same problem on 17.6, works fine on Windows 10 on laptop, but every addon in kodi the same. Problem started last Friday, everything ok until then

@Beejay2004 - same comment applies about a debug log (wiki) as above, if you can provide one.