Kodi Community Forum
MediaStream, coming soon... - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MediaStream (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Thread: MediaStream, coming soon... (/showthread.php?tid=34661)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

- Geeba - 2008-08-06

Mike rough idea on how much memory was left while your running it?

- MikeBeecham - 2008-08-06

Geeba,

I dont have that information to hand, I'm afraid.

- skunkm0nkee - 2008-08-06

Geeba, it all depends on what screen you are looking at or what media you are playing. We've done a lot of memory testing and I'm pretty confident that we've ironed out all the memory problems we had initially as I haven't had any memory related issues in the last few months using it on the xbox.

- Geeba - 2008-08-06

Thanks fellas! really glad your testing on the Xbox and not just the "lob in some more Horse Power to cover it" platforms.

What you will have to accept and appreciate thought Geeba, is that the xbox as a media center is on it's way out...most development now is for Linux, Mac and (to a lesser degree) windows. This is the future.

the Xbox will probably never have enough power to compete, going forward because it cannot handle High Def capably enough. You only have to see the latest implementation of fanart, etc to see that the xbox struggles.

That said, and with the best will in the world, Razorfish (certainly for the foreseeable future) will attempt to create skins that cater for both...EVERYTHING we do has to be for the community, and in a manner that the entire community can use. As long as I have breath in my body, I will not exclude a portion of the community that makes xbox what it is, simply because they do not have, or cannot afford a certain piece of hardware.

Does that mean, however, that we will ALWAYS have the xbox as a media center? No! I can easily see a time when the xbox is defunct, especially in line with the speed technology is moving. However, until that time comes we're going to cater for the community in whatever way is both feasible and practical!

Here endeth the lesson!

- Geeba - 2008-08-06

Fully understand where your coming from Mike.... the Xbox is 8 years old now and had go inings... things change thats life but I'd bet my bottom dollar 50% or more users still use the Xbox to run XBMC.... personally I have 1 FULL HD movie in my 400+ collection and I'm still not sure how to use fanart!! LOL!! so Xbox still is a main player in my home (thanks to team XBMC of course!)

Just a shame the two main ports are on my least favorite OS's! LOL! Keep up the good work WiSo!!! my media life is in your hands! Smile

heh...I wouldn't worry Geeba...to be honest, there are many of us (me included) that do not own High Def equipment. Therefore, you will have a close allie in SD for a while to come yet. I got my xbox off ebay and did the work on it myself. I can build PCs (linux and Windows) so this would always be a possibility, but there's just something about the xbox that continues to appeal to me...come in, turn on, sit down and fetch media...

Job done!

- phunqe - 2008-08-06

Geeba, you're still lucky then... For me, it took like one or two screenings of a high quality 1080p movie and within a week my appartment was filled with boxes containing a 56" HDTV, 5.1 speaker set, new reciever and a HTPC...

...and my wallet empty :p

- wowser - 2008-08-06

Geeba Wrote:Fully understand where your coming from Mike.... the Xbox is 8 years old now and had go inings... things change thats life but I'd bet my bottom dollar 50% or more users still use the Xbox to run XBMC.... personally I have 1 FULL HD movie in my 400+ collection and I'm still not sure how to use fanart!! LOL!! so Xbox still is a main player in my home (thanks to team XBMC of course!)

Just a shame the two main ports are on my least favorite OS's! LOL! Keep up the good work WiSo!!! my media life is in your hands! Smile

Same here. I've still got my v1.0 xbox and it's going strong. Did a mod to change out the noisy gpu fan for a heatsink and it's a super quiet media center. I plan on using the xbox as my media center till it dies, then i'll think about building a htpc.

Can't wait to try out mediatream on the xbox!!

Wowser...same thing I did! I ripped out the heatsink and GPU fan, then replaced with a Zalman passive heatsink...did the job just nicely. Also ripped out the case fan and replaced it with a nice 19dB fan instead. As silent as you can get it now.

Like you, will probably run the box till it dies, although at the expense of probably a lot of niceties currently working through the skinning engine at the moment.

- lankz - 2008-08-07

one more day give or take! although i guess with timezones it'll be a bit longer... exciting times! Big Grin

- lost1 - 2008-08-07

yes..just one more day...finally...*goes back into hiding till tomorrow

- Geeba - 2008-08-07

Yup I usually look forward to Friday for the PUB!!! LOL!! but this is on my mind more so today! Smile

- MikeBeecham - 2008-08-07

go to the pub instead....it's only a User Interface!!!

- Geeba - 2008-08-07

MikeBeecham Wrote:go to the pub instead....it's only a User Interface!!!

Yeah!!! what was I thinking!!! LOL! Beeeeeeer...Laugh

Its quiet at work today....Sad