Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Launcher plugin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Launcher plugin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=34834)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

- WiSo - 2008-08-07

Try now again with quotes. It interprets the whole string as application which isn't the case. The quotes help matching the args ... hopefully.

- kricker - 2008-08-07

I tried it with the quotes around the application as well. When I did that, it doesn't work at all. I get what I posted about above. The XBMC install folder just opens.

Or are you saying you just changed something in SVN, and I should try it with quotes with that version and not build 14676.

- WiSo - 2008-08-07

build 14676 contains all changes. The question is if the plugin forwards the right string to XBMC.
As said it has to be in the format: "c:\program\foo\bla.exe" /parameters.
The quotes are needed to separate program from parameters which is unfortunately needed for ShellExecute.

- kricker - 2008-08-07

I'm a bit confused. The old execute code allowed for launcher to have "" in the <application> tag. So then it would pass the application and arguments properly. The new code no longer allows for "" in the <application> tag which I assume is because you add the quotes.

So which needs to happen, launcher code change or execute code change?

Plugin Help - futaihikage - 2008-08-08

I got this working on the previous SVN, but the one that's currently posted, I think its SVN 14676, I did a clean install of the program, but I can't get the plugin to work anymore. Was wondering if I'm doing something wrong, below are steps I did

1) Did a new clean SVN 14676 install
2) Run XMBC once and exited so that it would create the necessary folders
3) downloaded the latest launcher beta
4) copied launcher folder to :C:\Program Files\XBMC\plugins\programs

This is the point where I get hung up. the plugin doesnt show up in the PM III skin. I downloaded the MC360 skin, installed it and went to the Games blade and went to application section, but what do I do there? Can anyone show me how they made a favourite of the plugin? Or am I just doing it wrong all together?

- kricker - 2008-08-08

I don't use the 360 skin but in other skins once you enter the program section you need to choose add source. Look for plugins, then launcher. After you have launcher as a source, you can then use launcher to make the shortcuts you want. After that you will need to open the launchers.xml file and remove the quotes from all the <application> tags, due to the script and execute code not being in sync with one another at the moment.

- leo2 - 2008-08-08

I've fixed the plugin to support rev14676.
now - no longer quotes is added to the application file or arguments.
it also has an option whether to use "Exec" or "ExecWait".
but unfortunately the XBMC is now minimized when using either exec or execwait and never returning back until switch manually with ALT-TAB.
is it a bug, or should I use System.Exec other way?

The fix is committed to the svn.
it also has some minor bug fixes.

- kricker - 2008-08-08

leo2 Wrote:I've fixed the plugin to support rev14676.
now - no longer quotes is added to the application file or arguments.
it also has an option whether to use "Exec" or "ExecWait".
but unfortunately the XBMC is now minimized when using either exec or execwait and never returning back until switch manually with ALT-TAB.

The fix is committed to the svn.
it also has some minor bug fixes.
Will this work with arguments as Wiso posted above?

- leo2 - 2008-08-08

kricker Wrote:Will this work with arguments as Wiso posted above?

yes

- kricker - 2008-08-08

leo2 Wrote:yes
Great. I just tested and indeed it did work. Thanks!

- WiSo - 2008-08-09

leo2 Wrote:but unfortunately the XBMC is now minimized when using either exec or execwait and never returning back until switch manually with ALT-TAB.

XBMC should maximize when the started application is closed. Minimizing the app is currently not enough. It's a bug if you exit the application and XBMC isn't maximizing.

Plugin not working - dava007 - 2008-08-09

I downloaded XBMC for windows + the MC360 skin got those working, but there just does not seem to be a way to see the .py file from inside xbmc (as I understand this is the executable it should be looking for)

I tried XBMC build 14676 on two different computers one with windows XP and one with Vista 32 bit.

on both machines it's I copied the launcher folder inside "C:\Program Files\XBMC\plugins\programs files"

Also, I tried tree different versions of the Launcher plugin, now I'm at beta 0.3

Then when I'm inside XBMC I navigate to the Games tab, then Applications and I go to Add Source.. add the launcher folder as a source, then I see an icon called launcher but when I go in there all I see are a few more directories (no actual files of any sort) I added it to the Favorites as the install.txt mention, but there seems to be no place to access the favorites anyway. Isn't there a simple way to start a plugin in xbmc? or one that work?

Thanks.

- leo2 - 2008-08-09

dava007 Wrote:I downloaded XBMC for windows + the MC360 skin got those working, but there just does not seem to be a way to see the .py file from inside xbmc (as I understand this is the executable it should be looking for)

I tried XBMC build 14676 on two different computers one with windows XP and one with Vista 32 bit.

on both machines it's I copied the launcher folder inside "C:\Program Files\XBMC\plugins\programs files"

Also, I tried tree different versions of the Launcher plugin, now I'm at beta 0.3

Then when I'm inside XBMC I navigate to the Games tab, then Applications and I go to Add Source.. add the launcher folder as a source, then I see an icon called launcher but when I go in there all I see are a few more directories (no actual files of any sort) I added it to the Favorites as the install.txt mention, but there seems to be no place to access the favorites anyway. Isn't there a simple way to start a plugin in xbmc? or one that work?

Thanks.

You can access favorites using the Arrow icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Or you can use an other skin that has "Programs" section and access "Launcher" directly.

- dava007 - 2008-08-09

I am really sorry, but this thing does not seem to see launcher as a program on my computer, the closest I've been to running it was when I went to the filemanager, which seems to be the only place I can see anything else than the directories in xbmc, and then I browsed to the launcher folder and doubleclicked default.py... then I saw a pop dialog called launcher... but it just vanish after a few seconds Confused

When I go to the favorites I get two launcher entries but neiter of them seems to do anything (I get to a screen called Programs, but the list is empty and there is no apparent controls).

- leo2 - 2008-08-10

1. Switch to MC360 Skin
2. Go to Games -> Applications -> Add Source -> Browse -> Program Plugins
3. Select Launcher and Click "OK"
4. Click OK Again.
5. Right Click on "Launcher" Icon
6. Choose "Add to Favorites"
7. Switch back to PMIII Skin.
8. Click on the Arrow in the bottom right corner
9. Choose "Launcher"

If something fails - please tell me what step number is it?