Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Launcher plugin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Launcher plugin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=34834)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Launcher Linux Version Available - leo2 - 2008-08-10

Great news for linux users.
Launcher is now working (even working great) under linux.
Tested with Ubuntu Hardy.

the version available now only via the svn:
svn checkout http://xbmc-launcher.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ xbmc-launcher-read-only

I'll create a downloaded version later.

One important thing - you should run this command in order that the plugin will work.
Code:
sudo ln -sf /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4 /usr/lib/libcurl.so

enjoy.

- marlboroman1 - 2008-08-10

2. Go to Games -> Applications -> Add Source -> Browse -> Program Plugins

the above is the problem as in recent XBMC for windows builds it doesn't exist Any one who's done a fresh install or installed XBMC or installed it for the first time recently can't use program plugins.

In the XBMC plugins directory their is no programs sub directory maybe this may a fault with the "build setup bat" and it has not been noticed because the devs don't build XBMC using it.

Just to reiterate their is no add plugin source in add source dialog any more and it wont work if you add the files. I think this has been posted in the xbox and linux forum as well so it may be a problem there as well.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35599&highlight=plugins

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35199&highlight=plugins

found it... but still... - dava007 - 2008-08-10

ok, I found how to load the Programs plugins, they need to be in the folder called "programs" which was not created automatically by the build I installed... and when I went to add a source in the xb360 skin the "Add Programs plugin" was hidden... so now I see the launcher and it seems to run, but it does something different depending where I place it (I first ran it from the plugins\video" folder as a test) anway, when I run it from the Video folder I get a stack option on the left side and some kind of darker rectangle at the bottom... but nothing to interact with... when it's in the programs folder I just get a blank screen ...

Where is that .xml file you guys were talking about earlier supposed to be? (don't see anything new is userdata)

I think I'm close to getting the programs list this launcher is all about!

- leo2 - 2008-08-10

dava007 Wrote:Where is that .xml file you guys were talking about earlier supposed to be? (don't see anything new is userdata)

c:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application Data\XBMC\UserData\plugin_data\programs\Launcher\settings.xml

- frostwork - 2008-08-10

hi leo2!

thank you very very much for making your launcher-plugin working under linux!
it works really great! Smile
i have some questions/"reports" anyway:

- is there a possibility to create sub-directories or even sub-directories of sub-directories within the launcher? (f.e. games/aracade, games/jump&run, apps/browser and so on)

- is there a way to open other python apps via Launcher/xbmc?

- when the thumb-search plugin doesn't find a valid picture on yahoo, xbmc waits forever.

- some apps/games launched from xbmc (both with Launcher and via python-start script) are not able to scale up to fullscreen and open in window mode instead. i wonder if it could help/is possible to iconify xbmc before the app is started

- some apps/games can't open audiodevice

- leo2 - 2008-08-10

Thanks for your testing & reports.

Quote:- is there a possibility to create sub-directories or even sub-directories of sub-directories within the launcher? (f.e. games/aracade, games/jump&run, apps/browser and so on)
No, sorry. I wanted, but it makes the implemention very difficult so I gave up.
Maybe I'll add this feature in the future.

Quote:- is there a way to open other python apps via Launcher/xbmc?
sure, just add /usr/bin/python and enter the python filename in the "Arguments" section.
(you'll have to create a symlink to /usr/bin/python in your home directory, I think XBMC won't allow browsing into / directory)
You may also add Python as File Launcher add python files to it manually.

Quote:- when the thumb-search plugin doesn't find a valid picture on yahoo, xbmc waits forever.
I guess it's a bug. I'll hope to fix it soon.

Quote:- some apps/games launched from xbmc (both with Launcher and via python-start script) are not able to scale up to fullscreen and open in window mode instead. i wonder if it could help/is possible to iconify xbmc before the app is started
Currently I have no way to minimize XBMC window. I'm running XBMC without GNOME (Just On X) and it works great without minimizing.
If XBMC guys will develop a Minimize Builtin Function, I'll be able to use it.

Quote:some apps/games can't open audiodevice
Sorry, I Don't know what is wrong, I didn't notice in my apps.
It's probably an Conflict with XBMC. I have no clue how to fix it. please send me the name of the app or games so I can try recreate this bug in my machine.

- leo2 - 2008-08-10

1.0 Beta Released:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=208057#post208057

- frostwork - 2008-08-10

Hi leo2!
Thanks a lot for your replies! (you're damn fast btw Smile )

Quote:No, sorry. I wanted, but it makes the implemention very difficult so I gave up.
Maybe I'll add this feature in the future.

Ah, ok! I just was curious Smile

Quote:sure, just add /usr/bin/python and enter the python filename in the "Arguments" section.
(you'll have to create a symlink to /usr/bin/python in your home directory, I think XBMC won't allow browsing into / directory)
You may also add Python as File Launcher add python files to it manually.

Sorry, I didn't express very well. I just noticed that if i launch a terminal (or
worker and from there a terminal) from Launcher/xbmc f.e.
emerge ("gentoo package management system" - using python alot) doesn't work as it should.

Quote:Currently I have no way to minimize XBMC window. I'm running XBMC without GNOME (Just On X) and it works great without minimizing.>If XBMC guys will develop a Minimize Builtin Function, I'll be able to use it.

when not using awesome or xfce which i use here atm, but only launching
xbmc into X i have the problem, that the apps i launch from xbmc don't
get the mouse/keyboard as xbmc still occupies them.
very likely that i should make a better startscript though Smile

Quote:Sorry, I Don't know what is wrong, I didn't notice in my apps.
It's probably an Conflict with XBMC. I have no clue how to fix it. please send me the name of the app or games so I can try recreate this bug in my machine.

some days back several apps launched with a pythonscript from xbmc
didn't have sound. today only "chromium bsu" doesn't have sound, which
probably comes from an occupied oss (alsa-emu) driver.
maybe this is already fixed and i reported too fast Huh

- marlboroman1 - 2008-08-10

dava007 Wrote:ok, I found how to load the Programs plugins, they need to be in the folder called "programs" which was not created automatically by the build I installed !

I tried that must of spelt "Programs" wrong or put a space in front of it or something.....oopps But I don't mind being wrong as long as I get working in the end Big Grin

it would be nice if xbmc could ship with a programs plugin folder and menu entry in home in PM3 as it now has the same functionality as the xbox with this plugin

- frostwork - 2008-08-10

Quote:Sorry, I didn't express very well. I just noticed that if i launch a terminal (or
worker and from there a terminal) from Launcher/xbmc f.e.
emerge ("gentoo package management system" - using python alot) doesn't work as it should.

another good example is "kiki the nanobot"
Its a very nice python-using game, which doesn't launch correctly from xbmc.

Quote:some days back several apps launched with a pythonscript from xbmc
didn't have sound. today only "chromium bsu" doesn't have sound, which
probably comes from an occupied oss (alsa-emu) driver.
maybe this is already fixed and i reported too fast Huh

found an other one: marbleblastgold-demo starts here w/o sound
(and windowed)

Got it! - dava007 - 2008-08-12

The 1.0 beta is the first one that works for me! It's great! it ads a feature that should be in XBMC by default...

- amerrykan - 2008-08-24

I've been trying for some time, but I still can't get this to work. I'm in the MC360 skin, I got to Games, choose Add Source, but Plugins isn't an option. I've double- and triple-checked my previous steps and cannot figure out what's wrong, the plugin appears to be unzipped to the right place.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm dying to get games launching from XBMC!

- marlboroman1 - 2008-08-24

you need to make the folder "C:\Program Files\XBMC\plugins\Programs" and put the launcher inside it. Then you well have a plugin option in add source

are you using the latest one?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35739

Using Launcher plugin with My Programs - silvacm - 2008-10-22

I'm currently using the MediaStream skin, which as a Programs section and Games, Emulators and Apps subsections.

As I understood from reading the forums, the Programs section is still not in use for windows, but we can use the plugin Launcher to load external applications.

This may do the basic trick, but i would like to have some organization on the programs that I use, and the separation in Apps, Games and Emulators would be enough for me now. This leads me to my question...

Is it possible to duplicate the Launcher plugin so that i can change the skin to call XBMC.ActivateWindow(Programs,plugin://programs/AppsLauncher), XBMC.ActivateWindow(Programs,plugin://programs/EmusLauncher) or XBMC.ActivateWindow(Programs,plugin://programs/GamesLauncher)

or

Is it possible to create something like a folder structure inside the launcher plugin and call XBMC.ActivateWindow(Programs,plugin://programs/Launcher/Apps), ...

Thank you!
Cláudio Silva

- silvacm - 2008-10-22

Ok... I should have searched a lit more before posting the question...

I was "afraid" at first to look into the plugin code because i do not know how to program in Python but as I dug into the code saw a little variable called BASE_CURRENT_SOURCE_PATH. Changing this allowed me to duplicate the plugin and have different programs in apps, games and emulators.

Thank you anyway!

PS: I'm just starting to use the XBMC but starting to be very convinced that this is the best media center software!