Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Launcher plugin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Launcher plugin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=34834)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Launcher Plugin Problem ! - burnout - 2009-04-18

Hi !

Here's my problem:

Is there any way to move the Launcher Apps programs you have "installed"

So you dont have to go: Programs>Plugins>Launcher>Program.exe

So you can take a shortcut like this: Programs>Program.exe Huh

Thanks in advance !

- kricker - 2009-04-19

Well not like that. You can Programs>Launcher>Program.exe by editing the screen file. Or you can hardcode it in the screenfile the same thing launcher is doing.

- Byron172 - 2009-04-29

Hi I am new here and have just started using XBMC. Launcher is the first app that I have installed so that I can launch a web browser from within XBMC to check my local TV guide.
The problem I am having is that Firefox launches but XBMC remains in the foreground so Firefox is hidden behind it. Is there a quick n easy solution to stop this happening?

- kricker - 2009-04-29

Byron172 Wrote:Hi I am new here and have just started using XBMC. Launcher is the first app that I have installed so that I can launch a web browser from within XBMC to check my local TV guide.
The problem I am having is that Firefox launches but XBMC remains in the foreground so Firefox is hidden behind it. Is there a quick n easy solution to stop this happening?
You probably need a new build of XBMC, and toggle the launcher wait state.

- ccMatrix - 2009-04-29

A while ago I wanted to request a way to select thumbnails from hard disk (instead of the yahoo image query) but it seems that the launcher plugin is no longer developed. Is that still true? Are there any alternatives which are actively developed?

- Byron172 - 2009-04-30

kricker Wrote:You probably need a new build of XBMC, and toggle the launcher wait state.

Can I update my current build or do I need to uninstall/reinstall? I am currently using XBMC 9.04beta1 c19639.

I have looked in the plugin settings for "Launcher" also and can't seem to find an option that allows me to alter the wait state.
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

- kricker - 2009-04-30

Byron172 Wrote:Can I update my current build or do I need to uninstall/reinstall? I am currently using XBMC 9.04beta1 c19639.

I have looked in the plugin settings for "Launcher" also and can't seem to find an option that allows me to alter the wait state.
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
To toggle the wait state, open the context menu when the item is highlighted in the list. There you should see the options. XBMC should minimize when launching an application with launcher. Your build sounds new enough. Are you running using the -fs switch or the advanced setting of fullscreen set to true?

- Byron172 - 2009-05-01

There was no option in the context menu when I right clicked on "Launcher", however I have set up my MCE remote using event ghost and set the open command to -fs. I had to do this because otherwise when I opened XBMC with my MCE remote it would only open in a small window that was not able to be maximised. Maybe this has something to do with it. I will try it out when I get home and see.

- kricker - 2009-05-01

Byron172 Wrote:There was no option in the context menu when I right clicked on "Launcher", however I have set up my MCE remote using event ghost and set the open command to -fs. I had to do this because otherwise when I opened XBMC with my MCE remote it would only open in a small window that was not able to be maximised. Maybe this has something to do with it. I will try it out when I get home and see.
You don't bring up the context menu on launcher, you do it on the application shortcut you made with launcher.

- Byron172 - 2009-05-03

Toggling the wait state doesn't solve the problem unfortunately. XBMC will only allow the apps to open in front of it if i am in windowed mode. I can't see that anyone else has had this problem but surely I am not the first.

I might try a different skin perhaps. Will report back if it works.

[Windows] XBMC will not recognize Launcher - brandoncordell - 2009-05-07

I cannot get Launcher to work in Atlantis, or Babylon. I've tried all the different launcher versions. All other plugins (music, programs, and video) work great.

Couldn't find anything on the forums or in the manual to help me.

- ijourneaux - 2009-05-07

Maybe you are making the same mistake I was. I copied the files into the wrong plugin folder. One plugin folder is in the XBMC program folder. The other is in the application data folder under the user profile.

- leo2 - 2009-05-07

Try to use the latest Launcher from svn. it should work with the latest xbmc.

[WINDOWS] Launcher plugin in XBMC for Windows is driving me nuts! - TrentLane - 2009-05-18

Good Day All,

I recently built an HTPC with the hopes of running XBMC for windows on it.
Main reason was for HD content and some emulation. As I've been using XBMC on server xboxs for years I thought it best to use it on my new HTPC.

Well here's my problem, I found this nice popular plugin:

Launcher

I thought this would be perfect for my emulation needs. So off I went a-downloading... Got the files, extracted to plugins/programs. Now my problem is I cant find it. Anytime I try to add it I can only bring up the directory.
Be it through Aeon, MC360, Media Stream. It always comes up with the directory. I think it might be my xbmc as when I click on the SVN Repo Installer, it just opens its directory in XBMC..

I'm using 9.04, anyone got some sugestions?

Edit: Please tell me its something simple and I am just being stupid....

- nicoli_k - 2009-05-18

how did you install XBMC? Are your plugins located in CTonguerogram Files\XBMC or under C:\Documents and Settings\your-name-here\Application Data\XBMC

If you're trying to add it under the plugins/programs under one of those directories, try the other one. I made this mistake a while back. I think it's best to install it and choose the 2nd option so that the XBMC files go under Program Files. Hopefully that's all it is.