Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Launcher plugin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Launcher plugin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=34834)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

- rausch101 - 2010-05-19

ijourneaux Wrote:I was wondering if Launcher worked in the post 28000 svn builds of XBMC?

I haven't had any luck on 28256 with any of the suggestions in the last 10 pages of this thread

Help - Alceste - 2010-05-22

Okay first of all thank you very much for your plugin it's great. nevertheless I need to do some adjustments and I don't know how.

1.) I would love to tell launcher that it always looks for thumbs in the directory of the file it depicts for instance:
my rom file Kirby's Dream course is in C:\games\Nintendo\Kirby's Dream course.smc Launcher should then automatically depict a picture (whether it's there or not) that is: C:\games\Nintendo\Kirby's Dream course.jpg
I'm totally aware of the fact that I could adjust the thumbs path one by one in the settings.xml, but for apprximatly 500 roms this is no fun at all Wink

2.) I am running XBMC on an old TV, so I would love the thumbs in launcher to be larger. How would I do this?

3.)Is there any faq how to add a new search machine in launcher, and most importan how to tell it to automatically fetch covers, withcout asking (I mean if they are wrong I cann still replace them by hand)

Thank you in advance,

Alceste

- ijourneaux - 2010-05-24

rausch101 Wrote:I haven't had any luck on 28256 with any of the suggestions in the last 10 pages of this thread

I had to reinstall XBMC and was able to get Launcher to work for rev 28256. I am using Launcher to kick off BeyondTV that I use as a PVR.

What error message are you getting.

There is a bug in Launcher that I bumped into the first time I installed it. For some reason, when you configure an executable, it doesn't like spaces in the path to the executable. If you find the xml file that has the path to the executable defined, you can edit it to 8.3 naming. For instance, for BeyondTV it is something like

c:\progra~1\snapst~1\beyond~1\btvd3dshell.exe

- maruchan - 2010-05-24

Along the same lines as the previous question--has anyone been able to get Launcher working with the latest SVN builds? I've created a description.xml file and placed it in the Launcher folder, but I'm unable to get it to show up in the addons section.

- Alceste - 2010-05-25

Non one has a suggestion for me where to stat my research?

EDIT; Is there ANYONE willing to help me?

- Alceste - 2010-05-31

What do I have to do to get some answers to my questions? No

- Brad P - 2010-06-01

Alceste Wrote:What do I have to do to get some answers to my questions? No

I can't seem to get it to work in 30704. I know 29744 which I had previously did not have plugin support at the time.

- ijourneaux - 2010-06-01

I believe the Launcher will have to be modified to work with the new add-on structure used by recent SVN versions of XBMC. That is the only hing stopping me from trying the later versions of XBMC since I need a method to switch from XBMC to BeyondTV.

Perhaps there is a different way to accomplish the same thing.

- jonsieto - 2010-06-01

in a word im a noob, so please bare with me

basically trying to launch internet explorer using the launcher script.

installed the launcher script, selected standlone pc exe, searched for ieplore.exe but when trying to launch it a windows error appears saying "cannot find 'CBig Grinocuments' Make sure you typed the name in correctly"

read this thread and im getting the feeling i have to change edit an .XL file but i also think it could be something alot more straight forward, any ideas much appreciated?

side note: discoverd xbmc a month ago, now have it running on an acer revo using windows 7, didnt know this technology even existed, awesome work by all developers and programmers involved, thank you!

- ijourneaux - 2010-06-02

jonsieto Wrote:in a word im a noob, so please bare with me
read this thread and im getting the feeling i have to change edit an .XL file but i also think it could be something alot more straight forward, any ideas much appreciated?

I chose to edit the XML file that specifies the string for the executable to remove any spaces.

- jonsieto - 2010-06-03

ijourneaux Wrote:I chose to edit the XML file that specifies the string for the executable to remove any spaces.

thanks for the reply, all i have is the settings.xml, do i have to create a launcher.xml and edit the code provided by leo in page two of this thread?

thanks again!

- ijourneaux - 2010-06-05

Look for launcher.xml. Edit with a text editor and change the path to the executable to the 8.3 equivalent without spaces.

so c:\program files\snapstream

becomes c:\progra~1\snapst~1

If there are multiple folders with the same first six letters, the ~1 could be ~2 ~3 etc.

Take Care

- jonsieto - 2010-06-11

hey thanks a lot ijourneaux for all the help, got it working, only problem is that firefox opens in a small window and no homepage for the browser...

can this be solved by just adjusting the settings or do i have to change code? many thanks!

- coolasice - 2010-09-05

well... tried to install onto xbmc 10.5 (winxp).... won't work, launcher appears in my programs but i cannot add a program to it and when i open it it comes up searching directory and locks xbmc? anyone know whats going on with it?

- jnikle - 2010-10-04

jonsieto Wrote:in a word im a noob, so please bare with me

I know this is too late for you, but might be helpful for anyone else looking for solutions. I use batch files to open exe's with launcher for a few reasons.

1. That way, you never have to move an exe if it's in a hidden folder which xbmc won't see.
2. Spaces aren't an issue either if you just put the file path in quotes.
3. Some exe's won't run correctly unless accessed via the command line.