[WINDOWS] Launcher plugin for XBMC - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: XBMC General Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Launcher plugin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=34834)
- kricker - 2008-07-15 16:58
ninebr34ker Wrote:all right I did some short testing on it. I think the way this is happening is definetly the right idea. Seperating the pc games and emulation, and allowing xbmc to act as a frontend is honestly exactly what I hoping the xbmc devs would get to.change <filename> to:
- kricker - 2008-07-15 17:00
It is working ok for me. I noticed a command prompt opening up. For some programs it closes when the application launches, for others it stays up until the application closes. Can you have this command prompt hidden, and possibly not hang around until some applications close?
- marlboroman1 - 2008-07-15 18:46
that's the first thing I tried have you had this working?
I just get a little command line box pop up and vanish before I can read what its trying to tell me
- kricker - 2008-07-15 18:49
marlboroman1 Wrote:that's the first thing I tried have you had this working?Yes it is working for me. I saw the same thing you did. So then I thought he is using the command prompt to launch things, which means any path with a space in the name needs "" around it. Are you sure you had double quotes around your path name like I posted?
- leo2 - 2008-07-15 20:18
Hi, I'm glad to know that this plugin is usefull for someone.
I'll be happy to help solve problems in it, sorry for the delay in my answer.
1. The command prompt cannot be hidden - it's an XBMC system call that is out of my control.
2. the command prompt disappears immediately if the application was started on as a different process, it's depends on the application itself.
3. in order to launch standalone programs like firefox, etc there is need to create an empty launcher, and put the program as a rom for the launcher.
if the program is in "program files" or any other directory that has a space in the its name, a double quotes is needed.
4. the rompath is unused right now, so ignore it.
5. the thumb isn't working either. so ignore it.
6. this plugin can be easily support linux, about mac i'm not sure.
when I'll change it to support linux - I'll be happy if some linux guy will test it.
7. it's far away to be a beta, it's hardly an alpha version.
I'm planing to add an ability to configure everything from the XBMC and auto download images from the web.
I'll be happy to get more ideas.
- marlboroman1 - 2008-07-15 20:35
sorry about that I didn't see the quotation marks, It's all working now thanks!!! I don't know why I didn't think of that must be having a blonde day or two
maybe the next version could have a more relevant example in the launcher.xml thanks for the plugin leo2 its much appreciated.
- kricker - 2008-07-15 21:01
leo2 Wrote:Hi, I'm glad to know that this plugin is usefull for someone.So then is this an request that needs to be brought to the XBMC devs?
an updated version! - leo2 - 2008-07-15 22:25
Download here: http://leo212.googlepages.com/Launcher0.11alpha.zip
- There is an ability to add & remove launchers within the XBMC gui.
(from the context menu)
- Support a single program launch.
- It is now required to put launchers.xml the "userdata\plugin_data\programs\Launcher", the plugin automatically create it when adding/removing launchers.
note: The roms for an emulator still should be added manually by editing the file.
please test it and let me know about problems.
linux is not yet supported. sorry. i'll try to do it until the end of this week.
- leo2 - 2008-07-15 22:26
kricker Wrote:So then is this an request that needs to be brought to the XBMC devs?
I think so, the exact request is :
"support os.execv and os.spawnv in python plugins"
- kricker - 2008-07-15 22:33
Is there an ability to pass switches to the .exe being launched? For example: