Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Launcher plugin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Launcher plugin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=34834)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

- JackieBrown - 2008-07-26

When I try to run it, it looks like it starts to loads but quits before anything happens.

Turning on debugging info shows this error
Code:
self._handle = (int(sys.argv[ 1 ])
AttributeError:'module' object has no attribute 'arvg

This is using the ubuntu hardy ppa svn repos.

SVN # 14418

- ninebr34ker - 2008-07-26

if you wanted to incorperate it into the plugin I have some database files used in gameex have have a ridiculous amount of organized game info. They are in microsoft access format.

- leo2 - 2008-07-26

JackieBrown Wrote:When I try to run it, it looks like it starts to loads but quits before anything happens.

Turning on debugging info shows this error
Code:
self._handle = (int(sys.argv[ 1 ])
AttributeError:'module' object has no attribute 'arvg

This is using the ubuntu hardy ppa svn repos.

SVN # 14418

can u send the full log please. (use pastebin or something like that)

- leo2 - 2008-07-26

ninebr34ker Wrote:if you wanted to incorperate it into the plugin I have some database files used in gameex have have a ridiculous amount of organized game info. They are in microsoft access format.
How do I access this DB?

- drowhunter - 2008-07-29

I must say I love your plugin. But I have a few questions/thoughts

1. Is there any way to use google images as a search engine instead.

2. When doing a search for images for my roms it doesnt pull up any results, but if i search for the thumbs for the actual games it works ( it seems to work at the highest level but not for roms)

3. Has anyone gotten the launcher to run under Aeon , or PM3?
I add the launcher to the favorites, in mc360 then switch back to PM3 and when i click on the little arrow favourites pops up with launcher in it but when i select it it crashes(possibly for the same reasons that 4 crashes below)

4. I wondered if it were possible to have a shortcut on the skin for example the games button on mc360 directly launch the launcher plugin

I opened the xml file for that view
C:\XBMC\skin\MC360\PAL16x9\custom1112_GamesHome.xml

and noticed that the games page was launched with an ActivateWindow(1,Games) so I looked through the xbmc.log file and noticed that when I launched the launcher this command was invoked

ActivateWindow(10001,plugin://programs/Launcher/)

so I replaced the default gamelauncher code "ActivateWindow(1,Games)" with "ActivateWindow(10001,plugin://programs/Launcher/)"

theoretically i thought it would work but xbmc actually crashes, any ideas?

- WiSo - 2008-07-29

Just FYI I've committed the recent code to the svn. Also exec.system will now minimize and afterwards maximize XBMC. Still you can't switch to a iconized app or minimize it to go back to XBMC.
Also execwait doesn't freeze XBMC (I forgot all the other threads beside the main thread Cool) so I still have to implement that XBMC pauses if this is used.
So sorry for the lack of news Rolleyes

- marlboroman1 - 2008-07-29

using the launcher unmodified (system.exec) I tested this last night on rev14546 it work fine the first time but launching a second time the returning did not. work.
I had my tunes manually maximizing XBMC if it doesn't return works well enough this seem very stable and usable now.

I hope its going to be optional whether to use system.exec or system.execwait from the GUI ether in plugin options or perhaps a way set condition for each app.

ps off topic
has any on notice extremely long loading times rev14546 30 seconds plusHuh

- kricker - 2008-07-29

drowhunter Wrote:4. I wondered if it were possible to have a shortcut on the skin for example the games button on mc360 directly launch the launcher plugin...
Yes you can, there is a thread I started about that already. Jmarshall gave me the code for it. It is
Code:
ActivateWindow(Programs,plugin://programs/Launcher)

marlboroman1 Wrote:I hope its going to be optional whether to use system.exec or system.execwait from the GUI ether in plugin options or perhaps a way set condition for each app.
I also hope it can be set per application that is launched. Some things will make sense to pause XBMC, other will not.

- WiSo - 2008-07-29

mmh, multiple calls worked fine for me, have to check that.
According to the settings of exec or execwait, this needs to be in the plugin settings. I can just offer the possible functions.

- kricker - 2008-07-29

WiSo Wrote:...
According to the settings of exec or execwait, this needs to be in the plugin settings. I can just offer the possible functions.
Exactly, and thank you for doing so.

- leo2 - 2008-07-29

Quote:1. Is there any way to use google images as a search engine instead.
sure, but it's need some coding.
1. you'll need to replicate YAHOO folder (under search_engines) and named it "Google".
2. then edit search_engine.py, replace the url with the google rss images search string. (I don't know what is it, you'll have to check)
3. finally, replace the Result, Title and Url tags according to the XML given by google.
every beginning programmer should be able to do that.

Quote:2. When doing a search for images for my roms it doesnt pull up any results, but if i search for the thumbs for the actual games it works ( it seems to work at the highest level but not for roms)
the search for the roms composed of the launcher name and the rom name.
that means - if you named your launcher "MAME" and your rom "bobble" the search string will be "booble MAME".

Quote:3. Has anyone gotten the launcher to run under Aeon , or PM3?
I add the launcher to the favorites, in mc360 then switch back to PM3 and when i click on the little arrow favourites pops up with launcher in it but when i select it it crashes(possibly for the same reasons that 4 crashes below)
I had the same problem, i removed the plugin from programs section, removed it also from favorites, added the plugin again, and added to favorites within the MC360 gui, and then switched back to the PM3, it worked.

Quote:4. I wondered if it were possible to have a shortcut on the skin for example the games button on mc360 directly launch the launcher plugin
I don't sure about the syntax but i think you should do something like:
Code:
<onclick>XBMC.RunPlugin(plugin://programs/Launcher/?LAUNCHERNAME/ROMNAME)</onclick>
replace LAUNCHERNAME and ROMNAME with the values that you need.

- leo2 - 2008-07-29

WiSo,
1. I'm not sure I understood, can I use system.exec and execwait from the last svn build of XBMC?
2. How can I upload my plugin into the main repo of XBMC plugins? so it would be available for everyone easily

thanks,
leo

- Gamester17 - 2008-07-29

@leo2, PM Nuka1195 and/or Blittan to get write access, just make sure it does not break the Xbox version if meant as a replacement, (if it does then release it under a different name such as for example "emuLauncher Win32 Mod")

- leo2 - 2008-07-29

Gamester17 Wrote:@leo2, PM Nuka1195 and/or Blittan to get write access, just make sure it does not break the Xbox version if meant as a replacement, (if it does then release it under a different name such as for example "emuLauncher Win32 Mod")

I have no way to check it on Xbox, but I'm sure it won't work there - because it doesn't use XBMC.Runxbe.
Should I change it to support Xbox ? I'll need someone to test it for that.
meanwhile, I think it's the best to call it Launcher-Win32. (emuLauncher is already used in some other script)

- landj9697 - 2008-07-29

drowhunter Wrote:I must say I love your plugin. But I have a few questions/thoughts

1. Is there any way to use google images as a search engine instead.

2. When doing a search for images for my roms it doesnt pull up any results, but if i search for the thumbs for the actual games it works ( it seems to work at the highest level but not for roms)

3. Has anyone gotten the launcher to run under Aeon , or PM3?

4. I wondered if it were possible to have a shortcut on the skin for example the games button on mc360 directly launch the launcher plugin

I opened the xml file for that view
C:\XBMC\skin\MC360\PAL16x9\custom1112_GamesHome.xml

and noticed that the games page was launched with an ActivateWindow(1,Games) so I looked through the xbmc.log file and noticed that when I launched the launcher this command was invoked

ActivateWindow(10001,plugin://programs/Launcher/)

so I replaced the default gamelauncher code "ActivateWindow(1,Games)" with "ActivateWindow(10001,plugin://programs/Launcher/)"

theoretically i thought it would work but xbmc actually crashes, any ideas?

In regards to questions 3, I have gotten this work on Aeon by going into the Games" section, but I am experiencing the same issues as you when trying to launch it from the "Favorites" menu in PM3.