Kodi Community Forum
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Discussion Thread (no bug reports or support enquiries) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Discussion Thread (no bug reports or support enquiries) (/showthread.php?tid=35027)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

- bugme - 2008-07-28

Wouldn`t alligning the bottom of the poster with the bottom of the infobox cost the "3D-appearance" (sorry I am not a native speaker and don`t know how to call it).
I mean like this it`s seems like that the poster is "in front" of the infobox and this gives a nice effect imho.

- xbmc.01 - 2008-07-28

joncgde2 Wrote:What about something like this? Obviously I have no design skills lol, but sometimes logos make things easier to pick up at a mere glance.

P.S. The "CC" stands for closed captioning, aka subtitles.

love the icon idea... this looks good

- tjost - 2008-07-28

Sorry for writing this in german. My english not good enough. Maybe someone can translate it.

Jetzt mal ehrlich. Ich finde es werden zu viele Ideen hier kund getan. Ein Knöpfchen hier ein Effekt da. DJH hat meiner Meinung nach das beste Skin gemacht was es je für ein Programm gab. Sehr elegant, stielvoll, intuitiv, stimmig und einfach nur schön. Ich benutze weder dir Vizualisierung noch den Bildschirmschoner auf meiner XBOX nur damit ich die ganze Zeit auf das schöne Skin schauen kann.
Lasst ihn mal machen und ich hoffe das er irgendwann mit dieser Arbeit auch Gel verdienen kann.

- djh_ - 2008-07-28

bugme Wrote:Wouldn`t alligning the bottom of the poster with the bottom of the infobox cost the "3D-appearance" (sorry I am not a native speaker and don`t know how to call it).
I mean like this it`s seems like that the poster is "in front" of the infobox and this gives a nice effect imho.

Agreed.

- tvdb-scott - 2008-07-28

tjost Wrote:Sorry for writing this in german. My english not good enough. Maybe someone can translate it.

Jetzt mal ehrlich. Ich finde es werden zu viele Ideen hier kund getan. Ein Knöpfchen hier ein Effekt da. DJH hat meiner Meinung nach das beste Skin gemacht was es je für ein Programm gab. Sehr elegant, stielvoll, intuitiv, stimmig und einfach nur schön. Ich benutze weder dir Vizualisierung noch den Bildschirmschoner auf meiner XBOX nur damit ich die ganze Zeit auf das schöne Skin schauen kann.
Lasst ihn mal machen und ich hoffe das er irgendwann mit dieser Arbeit auch Gel verdienen kann.

I know how to count to 10 in German, so I'll give this a try:

Quote:Let's be honest. I think there are too many ideas here to be done well. DJH has made, in my opinion, the best skin ever. Very elegant, intuitive, consistent, and just beautiful. I don't use visualizations or screen savers on my Xbox so I can always have it on this beautiful skin.

Give him time and hope this will all eventually work.

I think I got the approximate translation. Google translate was talking about gels, stielvoll, and Vizualisierung, but I made some guesses on those. Wink

- tjost - 2008-07-28

THX that nearly what i mean.

- Weavus - 2008-07-28

My 2 cents. I prefer the icons to the text for the media flags but personally would prefer them smaller and below the plot. Having them at the top will stop long movie names displaying properly and I only really want them as a reference and not in a prominent position thats distracting when I just want to read the movie title.

- Weavus - 2008-07-28

Quick question: is it possible to show the main folder.jpg of a TV Show series as the poster for the * All Seasons link (rather than the default TV Show poster) or is this something that needs to be changed in XBMC rather than the skin?

- Hitcher - 2008-07-28

Weavus Wrote:Quick question: is it possible to show the main folder.jpg of a TV Show series as the poster for the * All Seasons link (rather than the default TV Show poster) or is this something that needs to be changed in XBMC rather than the skin?

Well you could remove the 'All Seasons' link altogether (see the advancedsettings.xml option below) and then set 'Flatten TV Shows' to 'Always'.

[HTML]<advancedsettings>

<videolibrary>
<hideallitems>true</hideallitems>
</videolibrary>

</advancedsettings>[/HTML]

- Weavus - 2008-07-28

I'd quite like the all seasons link if it could have the main poster for the series. If I can't I'll remove it as you say, thanks.

- djh_ - 2008-07-28

Give me blur, and I give you... Aeon Future!

Of course, you could always simulate the second screenshot now by just blurring an exact portion of your movie backdrops. Wink

- watzen - 2008-07-28

only linux for now I guess?

- djh_ - 2008-07-28

Only nothing, sadly. Unless jm wants to fly in here with some good news, blur is a pipedream for now.

- watzen - 2008-07-28

he has done it before... Smile

- digitalhigh - 2008-07-28

A bit late in the game, but I thought I'd add my two cents anyway...

I think this looks pretty sharp, (with the colors to match the title, as was suggested). As far as how to fill in the blank spot where the media flags were supposed to go...why not add the buttons for "get fanart" and "refresh info" or something. Maybe not those two precise features...but some kind of useful tool for manipulating the information. Cast? Credits? I wouldn't mind seeing the entire "movie information" panel just slide out when you hover on the movie. Just done in the cleeeean style here.

Oh...and as a suggestion...what about an option to change the time you have to hover before it displays this screen? IMHO, it could be just a tad quicker. Big Grin