Kodi Community Forum
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Support thread (ask for help here, not there) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Support thread (ask for help here, not there) (/showthread.php?tid=35028)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

- xb2iris - 2008-07-29

Duncan... I just started using MOVIE FANART... they work too an extent... it's more the transition behavior in the MOVIE section of AEON... (the new Showcase does look amazing, and it's my inspiration for using FANART again)...

- Firstly, once I enter the Movie Library, I have to wait (20s) for a random backdrop to dissapear before any FANART will display...

- Secondly, after this, the screen goes Black until I select a new Movie, after which that movies Fanart displays (which looks amazing)...

- Thirdly, when I select another movie, the screen turns to Black again until the "Info" displays, after which that Movie's Fanart loads (i did notice the new selection's Fanart showing for a split second before the screen turned Black)...

- Fourthly (hmmm), after a few selection changes in the movie list, a random backdrop is loaded, after which I need to wait 20s before the screen returns to Black once again...

So, oh great leaders of AEON knowledge... is this an Aeon Build issue? an XBOX issue? or is something else at fault you can point outHuh

Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks for the great build Duncan!

- djh_ - 2008-07-29

It's an Xbox issue, I guess. Certainly isn't a problem encountered on HTPC platforms. Seven year old hardware, remember, for an app that isn't even called Xbox Media Center anymore. Many will pay lip service to it still, but we must be looking at its last days.

- xb2iris - 2008-07-29

Can't seem to turn MOVIE FANART off after that mission... still turns to Black after the first random backdrop... why is that Dunc? (guess it's list view for me for now)

nyways... do have plenty of memory available after the backdrop changes to a black screen... done the memory upgrade a while back...

HAS ANYONE MANAGED TO GET MOVIE FANART TO WORK SMOOTHLY ON AN XBOX?

- chrisdaniels - 2008-07-29

No need to shout!

Have you done the obvious? namely:
Cleared the cache?
Reset AEON settings?
Resized images? & converted to .bmp?
Turned on XBOX Compatible mode?
Checked debug log for messages/errors?

- Hitcher - 2008-07-29

Bahndit Wrote:I have been ripping all of my TV series DVD's as .iso and naming them something like series name - s01e01 - s01e02-...- s01e10.iso. I found this to be easier to do than to rip each individual episode with the added bonus of preserving video quality and extras.

If you mean there is more than one episode per ISO image then you're stuck.

I can't understand why you'd want to convert a DVD series to ISO images though - it's a waste of space and they're in the exact same format as the DVD's.

A better solution would be to rip and convert them to xvid with little loss of quality.

Here's a great guide for just that - http://forum.videohelp.com/topic301015.html

xb2iris Wrote:Can't seem to turn MOVIE FANART off after that mission... still turns to Black after the first random backdrop... why is that Dunc? (guess it's list view for me for now)

nyways... do have plenty of memory available after the backdrop changes to a black screen... done the memory upgrade a while back...

HAS ANYONE MANAGED TO GET MOVIE FANART TO WORK SMOOTHLY ON AN XBOX?

See the first post.

- xb2iris - 2008-07-29

chrisdaniels Wrote:No need to shout!

Have you done the obvious? namely:
Cleared the cache?
Reset AEON settings?
Resized images? & converted to .bmp?
Turned on XBOX Compatible mode?
Checked debug log for messages/errors?

yeah, i cleared the cache, but all the fanart has re-assembled by now i reckon... i reset the aeon settings a few times now... and no go... have tried really small fanart images as well, but that doesn't change anything... XBOX compatiblility mode is always on as well... debug doesn't show anything unusual...

one thing i've noticed... is that the fanart loads for a millisecond when a movie is selected, then dissapears to a black screen... why could that be... it's loaded, but doesn't remain there, then reloads after movie info is loaded... any idea where in AEON's xml code this process happens... i wanna tinker to see if i can get this feature to work...

One more thing, it can't be a memory issue, as I'm using 128 on my xbox... what u think chrisdaniels... does movie fanart work on your xbox?

- Hitcher - 2008-07-29

What does the memory drop to when it happens?

Not tried fan art on my stock xbox yet. i'm busy ripping about 60 dvds at the mo..

I'm guessing it is an Aeon issue though as you say it appears then dissapears. Try looking in MyVideo.xml for the viewtype or Ctrl+F "fanart".

- djh_ - 2008-07-29

If something works on Linux, Mac and Windows but not Xbox then it isn't an Aeon issue. Tip top performance on ancient hardware was never part of the brief.

- Bahndit - 2008-07-29

Hitcher,
Thanks for responding to my post, I appreciate the link. I initially started down that road but audio/video quality is very important to me so I won't be re-encoding my DVDs. I realize that I can use the first part of that guide to acheive what I want but having a single .iso is much cleaner in my opinion. I am wondering if there is some sort pointer type file that I could create for each episode that could point to a single .iso that XBMC would recognize thus allowing me to keep using .iso and get the individual episode thumbs I want.

- xb2iris - 2008-07-29

Hitcher... no idea how to check the memory at that point? Any global shortcut i can pop into the keymap.xml to load the system info screen...

chrisdaniels... no idea what to do in the MyVideo.xml... messed with it a bit, but I can't figure out why other backdrops are loading up in the first place... it should check if fanart in enabled, and load the first items fanart up straight away on load... so, no idea why all this is happening...

djh... kinda doing the same thing on my home computer... just in a different order, but not too the same extent... so, no idea if i've messed up something somewhere... plus, the main question is... has anybody anywhere ever mentioned getting fanart to work on an xbox?... if the answer is no, then i'll give up on the idea...

will the real xbox movie fanart master... please stand up... please stand up...

that's if there's anyone who's got it to work?

nyways, on another note Duncan... i remember rating stars on a previous screen shot of my videos list view... what ever happened to those? coz i've never actually seen them... and i've used every build for the past couple of months... hmmm...

- djh_ - 2008-07-29

I'm assuming you've done a full settings reset before testing any of this...

- xb2iris - 2008-07-29

yeah... i kinda do that after every build, and then when something doesn't work... i'm kean on using the "showcase view" with or without fanart... but i can't for the life of figure out why the backdrops don't cycle as they used to when "movie fanart" is turned off... it loads the first picture and remains black for quite some time... no idea...

maybe i'll try to resize the first few backdrops to something smaller... who knows...

Just tested on my xbox: fanart works fine over smb share.
Update the library and let the xbox cache the images.

And to settle the argument over it being a memory issue, i am also playing audio at the same time, so it aint that.

- hombrefeo - 2008-07-29

fanart working on xbox... using aeon 14, over smb, with lastest build

http://vimeo.com/1430130 - amazing! ... i'm so happy now...