Kodi Community Forum
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Support thread (ask for help here, not there) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Support thread (ask for help here, not there) (/showthread.php?tid=35028)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

- charlotteberger - 2008-07-31

charlotteberger Wrote:Hi everyone,

First i have to say that i am sorry because i don't speak really good english.

I just install the Aeon skin and i have to say that it's very cool, you did a great job. There is a lot of skin available but it's the first one who make me feel like change the original XBMC skin.

I have a little probleme (mmm if we can say problem). On my background i have my wallpaper and it change often but between 2 screen i have always a big black screen (no wallpaper) during maybe 10 sec and after 10 sec a new one is coming. i wanted to know if my wallpaper could change immediately (without black screen between 2 wallpaper) ? And if yes, how ?

I'm sorry if someone already ask this and that an answer have been give, but it's very difficult for me to search, read and understand.

Thank you very much (and again sorry for my english) Smile

Nobody for help me ? or i wasn't clear enough maybe ?

- zeuss-axis - 2008-07-31

charlotteberger Wrote:Nobody for help me ? or i wasn't clear enough maybe ?

Are you on an Xbox? If so, make sure ytour backdrops are resized to 1280x720 (720p) and that you have "Xbox Mode" set to "on" in the Aeon Settings. Please let us know how that works out.

- charlotteberger - 2008-07-31

hello,

thanks for your answer, mmmm i am very very stupid. I forgot to reboot my xbox after the installation and now it work perfectly. I am sorry to annoyed you.

Good evening to everybody Smile (never understood the difference between everybody, everyone Wink )

- Bahndit - 2008-08-01

How do I get the scraper to pull down posters from thetvdb.com instead of the banners?

- tvdb-scott - 2008-08-01

Bahndit Wrote:How do I get the scraper to pull down posters from thetvdb.com instead of the banners?

Someone needs to update the scraper. It's on spiff's to-do list, but perhaps someone should mention it to him again. I know a lot of people are waiting on it. Smile Someone could easily update the scraper on their own and submit a patch. It's really not difficult to do as long as you understand basic regular expressions.

- Bahndit - 2008-08-01

Well I am afraid that I am beginning to sound like the hopeless child on this thread but I need some help again. I am having trouble with getting the episode thumbs to show up. Like everyone else that has had this problem when I select the episode the thumb disappears. I have poked around and tried to do the following things with no success: reset all Aeon Settings, changed to PM II/restarted console/switched back to Aeon and done the clear all settings choice, and as hitcher suggested to someone else I opened guisettings.xml and removed all accounts of Aeon. Everything else is running smoothly except individual episode thumbs.
Okay what should I try next?

-Bahndit

- Competes2win - 2008-08-01

Bahndit Wrote:Well I am afraid that I am beginning to sound like the hopeless child on this thread but I need some help again. I am having trouble with getting the episode thumbs to show up. Like everyone else that has had this problem when I select the episode the thumb disappears. I have poked around and tried to do the following things with no success: reset all Aeon Settings, changed to PM II/restarted console/switched back to Aeon and done the clear all settings choice, and as hitcher suggested to someone else I opened guisettings.xml and removed all accounts of Aeon. Everything else is running smoothly except individual episode thumbs.
Okay what should I try next?

-Bahndit
If your running on the xbox then perhaps try that aeon skin that is optimized for xbox... sometimes you get black outs and no icons when u run aeon on the xbox because it runs out of memory.

- xbmc.01 - 2008-08-01

using xbox:

having issues with cached backdrops... using smb... have replaced backdrops with others that i like more.... but it's not updating in xbox... how can i clear the cache?

- Bahndit - 2008-08-01

Competes2win Wrote:If your running on the xbox then perhaps try that aeon skin that is optimized for xbox... sometimes you get black outs and no icons when u run aeon on the xbox because it runs out of memory.

I have the debug mode on and it doesn't dip below 12,000 and as far as I have read the point of no return is 5,000 so I don't think that is it. Perhaps I will try out the Xbox version anyways. I am still open for advice. Anybody?

- waltzin - 2008-08-01

I had the same trouble with the selected episode thumb not showing up. I've just tried the xbox optimized build and its fixed it.. as well as making flicking through movies with backdrops a lot smoother.

ContextMenu - wpervaz - 2008-08-01

hey guys, does anyone know how to make changes to the context meny ?? Heres my original message:

I seem to have a problem with customizing Aeon... when i'm browsing my video files, i can hit 'c' to display the context menu...

There are a number of options in there including 'Add to Favourites', 'Add to Queue', 'Go To Root', etc....

Now, I want to add/remove some of these options.... I know the actual strings are stored in strings.xml but I cant seem to find where these are being called... If i take out the label in strings.xml, the button goes blank but is still clickable... Is there a way I can altogather remove a button, for example remove 'Go To Root' option from the context menu ??

thanks in advance !

- xbmc.01 - 2008-08-01

waltzin Wrote:I had the same trouble with the selected episode thumb not showing up. I've just tried the xbox optimized build and its fixed it.. as well as making flicking through movies with backdrops a lot smoother.
cool! glad to hear it

- kruykaze - 2008-08-02

I am migrating from mayhem III to aeon and it looks great exept for TVshow banners(wide) they don't seem to be supported .So they just look weird in wall or showcase view.Is there a fix for that?
Thank you in advance.

- Hitcher - 2008-08-02

kruykaze Wrote:I am migrating from mayhem III to aeon and it looks great exept for TVshow banners(wide) they don't seem to be supported .So they just look weird in wall or showcase view.Is there a fix for that?
Thank you in advance.

View Types -> Banner.

- kruykaze - 2008-08-02

Hitcher Wrote:View Types -> Banner.
I feel like an idiot Laugh now how do I get both banner and backdrops Rolleyes