Kodi Community Forum
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Support thread (ask for help here, not there) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Support thread (ask for help here, not there) (/showthread.php?tid=35028)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

- johnny utah - 2008-07-28

one more question:

anybody know how to set up aeon to automatically pick up cover art for music movies that is already in my pc folders?

my music albums and movies all have separate folders with a cover.jpg...but Aeon doesn't seem to pick it up...or I haven't figured out how at least.

my cover art is very high res compared to the downloaded stuff, which is why I'd rather use mine, but not have to assign each one separately.

Many Thanks!

Johnny Utah

- Hitcher - 2008-07-28

johnny utah Wrote:one more question:

anybody know how to set up aeon to automatically pick up cover art for music movies that is already in my pc folders?

my music albums and movies all have separate folders with a cover.jpg...but Aeon doesn't seem to pick it up...or I haven't figured out how at least.

my cover art is very high res compared to the downloaded stuff, which is why I'd rather use mine, but not have to assign each one separately.

Many Thanks!

Johnny Utah

Try renaming them 'folder.jpg'.

Hitcher Wrote:Try renaming them 'folder.jpg'.

Thanks for the tip Hitcher! Smile

Will give that a try. Will that work for all media folders including movies?

I've been trying to find the page in the wiki with the XBMC keyboard control keys and media import info but didn't see it. thanks.

- Hitcher - 2008-07-28

johnny utah Wrote:Thanks for the tip Hitcher! Smile

Will give that a try. Will that work for all media folders including movies?

I've been trying to find the page in the wiki with the XBMC keyboard control keys and media import info but didn't see it. thanks.

Yes.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Videos#Thumbnails

- Hitcher - 2008-07-28

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Music#Album_Art_.26_Thumbnails

Forgot you can't edit.

- soder - 2008-07-28

djh_ Wrote:Firstly, if you're using a mouse, stop. I can't speak for XBMC as a whole but Aeon certainly isn't designed for it, and you simply won't be able to navigate properly using one. Instead, switch the mouse option off in the Screen->Look And Feel section, and use your keyboard. You can configure your keyboard via keymap.xml in your UserData folder.

What buttom is right click in XBMC, so its possible to "set content" and all that?

/Söder

- rudeboyx - 2008-07-28

soder Wrote:What buttom is right click in XBMC, so its possible to "set content" and all that?

/Söder

context menu key usually between the windows key and ctrl key to the right of your spacebar although these can vary depending on keyboard

I noticed that in the default xbmc skin, when you click "tab" to minimize video, it minimizes into a small video playing on the bottom left side of the screen, like in Windows Media Center.

It doesn't do this when I minimize using Aeon. Is this by design? Can the feature be turned on to show the minimized video playing?

- xb2iris - 2008-07-28

Hitcher Wrote:I think this should work.

Open the 'keymap.xml' (found in the Userdata folder) in notepad and add this to the Remote section -

<one>ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)</one>

Now when you press '1' on the remote it should open the Shutdown menu. Replace '1' with another number if you so wish but not '3', '6' or '9'.

Thanks, that one worked... hitcher ur the man...

- soder - 2008-07-28

rudeboyx Wrote:context menu key usually between the windows key and ctrl key to the right of your spacebar although these can vary depending on keyboard

Thank you very much.

/Söder

- whitedwarf88 - 2008-07-28

Hey guys, just wanted to say I'm absolutely in love with Aeon, I was running Front Row 2 with Sapphire previously but with Aeon, there's no going back!

I do have a problem that's popped up, in that whenever I switch to Showcase mode in TV Shows, all my individual episodes don't have a thumbnail but is instead replaced by "Your Icon Here The Aeon Icon Project" this is also the case in menus such as 'Title' 'Genre' 'Year', etc. This seems to be a new problem that's popped up for me in the latest version.

Thanks for any help.

- whitedwarf88 - 2008-07-28

Just wanted to add that I have the option to generate a thumbnail for videos without posters checked in the options, of course.

Adding new items to home menu - ltmon - 2008-07-29

Hi All,

Pretty new to all this, so sorry if this is the wrong forum.

I want to be able to access the Apple Movie Trailers plugin directly from the Aeon home menu, via a "Trailers" menu item.

I've had a scan through some of the skin files (Home.xml, homescroller.xml) but it's not obvious to me where to start.

Is this easy to do, or at least possible?

Cheers,

L.

Using .iso for TV DVD and Aeon Library mode - Bahndit - 2008-07-29

I have been ripping all of my TV series DVD's as .iso and naming them something like series name - s01e01 - s01e02-...- s01e10.iso. I found this to be easier to do than to rip each individual episode with the added bonus of preserving video quality and extras. Using the naming above works for getting the scraper to download all of the episode information however now that I am using the Aeon skin I am disappointed to find that the individual thumbs for each episode aren't used. Aeon appears to be only able to apply one thumb to the file. So I have all of the different episodes (i.e. name and description for each) when viewing a TV season in showcase mode but I have identical thumbs for every episode. If I try and manually change the thumb for one episode it changes them all. Is there any way I can get Aeon to show different thumbs for each episode even though I only have one file (.iso) for multiple episodes or am I stuck? Huh

- djh_ - 2008-07-29

johnny utah Wrote:I noticed that in the default xbmc skin, when you click "tab" to minimize video, it minimizes into a small video playing on the bottom left side of the screen, like in Windows Media Center.

It doesn't do this when I minimize using Aeon. Is this by design? Can the feature be turned on to show the minimized video playing?

I dabbled with this once but the overhead, what with the backgrounds changing at the same time, was too much. Worked reasonably well on HTPC, but not on Xbox. I'll have another look at it one day.