Kodi Community Forum
Apple's official iPhone Remote App with XBMC? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Apple's official iPhone Remote App with XBMC? (/showthread.php?tid=35064)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

- Pr.Sinister - 2008-09-27

Pr.Sinister Wrote:2nd Problem is how do i fast forward a video and not skip without going into
upside down mode and "More / Transport Command"?

Well i figured out how to go anywhere in the movie but i still don't know how to
do the Small Step and Big Step Forward and backwards.

But most importantly, still don't know how to queue individual files.

-Pr.

- Messiahs - 2008-09-29

nice App.
Think i've found a little Bug in the AlbumView.
if no cover is present, the app loops in the filedownload call....

Request:
GET /xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=FileDownload&parameter=C:%5C....%5CXBMC%5CUserData%5CThumbnails%5CMusic%5Cd%5Cd2372c92.tbn HTTP/1.1
User-Agent: xbmcremote/1.0 CFNetwork/339.3 Darwin/9.4.1
Accept: */*
Accept-Language: de-de
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Connection: keep-alive

Response:
HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Server: GoAhead-Webs
Pragma: no-cache
Cache-control: no-cache
Content-Type: text/html
<html>
</html>

jkrellner Wrote:Also, if I don't have TV shows, is there a way to delete that tab, or change it to link to Last.fm or something?
Here is the same... hope that there will be a way to customize the tabs... i would love to see "Genre" or a "Search-Button"

M.

- Messiahs - 2008-09-30

@narcan
is it possible that you move the "settings" button to another place ? (perhaps to the default iPhone settings page?)
everytime i go back, back and back i hit with the next click the settings button cause he is on the same position like the back button.

btw really nice app.
M.

Queuing - Pr.Sinister - 2008-10-02

So nobody here queues items?

I find it hard to believe... Huh

- Pr.Sinister - 2008-10-07

Friendly bump...

Magic - shanedoyle - 2008-10-08

One word narcan - magic - absolutely love it.. can finally leave my tv off..

Shane

- m0gwai - 2008-10-08

EDIT: nevermind, found the problem great app!

- tknice1 - 2008-10-11

Bought the app today.

I'm having trouble getting the movie thumbnails to show up as well. I've tried everything I can think of. I do seem to have a few different userdata locations, so that could be the problem. Tried the one under program files, the one under documents and settings\my user etc.

Is there a way to tell where this is located and is there anything else special I should do?

By the way, the app looks awesome and is the perfect compliment to my theater. I can't thank you enough. I won't bother listing any small bugs I've found as I'm sure they will all be worked out in future versions.

Much appreciated!

Tom

- shoboat90 - 2008-10-13

I bought the app today...so far, just love it! Controlling/listening to music/videos is great.

Question though....Is it possible to view pictures? I loaded My Pictures folder to the XBMC program on my Windows PC....but I don't see a way to view these from the phone?

thanks

- katz - 2008-10-15

As a fellow Aussie, I cannot honestly believe this guy is charging for this app. Im actually quite shocked. You are charging for a REMOTE app, whilst the guys who MADE THE ACTUAL xbmc dont charge one cent. I am in such shock i really dont know what to say.

How about you keep the XBMC vibe alive and make it free? Absolutely disgusting...

- jkrellner - 2008-10-15

katz Wrote:As a fellow Aussie, I cannot honestly believe this guy is charging for this app. Im actually quite shocked. You are charging for a REMOTE app, whilst the guys who MADE THE ACTUAL xbmc dont charge one cent. I am in such shock i really dont know what to say.

How about you keep the XBMC vibe alive and make it free? Absolutely disgusting...

That's a bit harsh. If you don't want to pay, then don't buy it. He does not have to give it away for free if he doesn't want to.

- haken - 2008-10-15

It is very simple: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY ANYTHING
I'm very happy that narcan made this app, I would pay for xbmc also...

- katz - 2008-10-16

haken Wrote:I would pay for xbmc also...

Well guess what, you dont have to because ITS FREE, thanks to all the hard work over god knows howmany years now!!

- d4rk - 2008-10-16

katz Wrote:Well guess what, you dont have to because ITS FREE, thanks to all the hard work over god knows howmany years now!!

Please calm down. narcan has every right to charge for his app if he wishes to. There is no requirement that everything related to XBMC must be free. It costs a minimum of $100 to even have your app show up on the Apple app store, even if you intend to give away for free. You're more than welcome to pay that price and write another remote for XBMC and give it away for free if narcan's app is unacceptable.

- katz - 2008-10-16

d4rk Wrote:There is no requirement that everything related to XBMC must be free.

Where does dignity come into all this? Instead of capatalising off it, howabout, if you have the ability, give somthing back to XBMC.

Quote:How did you come up with the idea to make a remote for XBMC?
It was mostly born out of necessity for myself. A long time user of XBMC on the xbox, I had been using the standard xbox remote which had worked fine for the most part, if a little clunky. But when XBMC started to branch out to the other platforms I was eager to install it on my different systems around the house but found each time I would be lacking a remote solution.

WELL, howabout you give somthing back to the app that you have used for so long!

Ohh yeah, the author is releasing other projects aswell:

Full Interview: (READ)

Quote:Any plans for future iPhone apps?
Yes ! I have two projects currently nearing the submission stage. One of these is a simple game, and the other will be something a little bit different. Keeping them under wraps for now, but will let know as soon as they are ready.

So why cant you (capatalise/make your money) recoup your costs from those?

But for godsake keep XBMC clean from your money hunger.