Kodi Community Forum
Apple's official iPhone Remote App with XBMC? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Apple's official iPhone Remote App with XBMC? (/showthread.php?tid=35064)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

- CptKen - 2008-11-04

If you go to file view in XBMC, do you see covers? It seems that the remote mimics whatever you have in file mode as opposed to library mode(in terms of cover art, info etc).

- jkrellner - 2008-11-04

I have this problem too, but never checked file mode. Not sure how to switch to it (although I recall seeing instructions somewhere). However, what good would that do? I do not want to use file mode natively so how do we get covers in library mode? This is just supposed to work; why does it only work for some people and not others?

- CptKen - 2008-11-04

Well what I found was that if you had the covers in file mode they would show up on the remote. I still operate my XBMC in library mode(who wouldn't) its just a extra tedious step of going into library mode and getting media info from there to make sure you have covers etc for the remote.

As a side note this software is now OPEN SOURCE: http://github.com/djfumberger/xbmc-remote/tree/master

I hope a skilled programmer can pick this project up and turn it into what it should have been from the start.

- jkrellner - 2008-11-04

CptKen Wrote:Well what I found was that if you had the covers in file mode they would show up on the remote. I still operate my XBMC in library mode(who wouldn't) its just a extra tedious step of going into library mode and getting media info from there to make sure you have covers etc for the remote.

I am not following. Can you explain what steps you are talking about, and which are performed in XBMC and which are performed in XBMC remote? If not, that's cool, but you lost me somewhere along the way.

- CptKen - 2008-11-04

Sorry about that, basically whatever your XBMC has in file mode(NOT library mode) will show up on the XBMC iPhone Remote.

Go to File mode in XBMC and from there scrape show info and cover-art. This is where the XBMC remote pulls all media information from.

- Evanrich - 2008-11-05

i see the images in file view, and if i try changing or removing the directory setting for the path on my itouch, then my tv show images dissapear, so i know it's pulling the images, just for some reason its not pulling images for movies. I'll have to add some audio cds and see if it pulls thumbs for those, as all I'm using now is tv shows and movies.

- CptKen - 2008-11-05

It pulls the cover-art for music differently than for movies/tv shows so those should come up without issue.

- whoisjay - 2008-12-07

Absolutely love this app. The v1.1 release has so many new features. The customizable remotes are very clever. I've mostly been using it with Boxee and it works great there too, especially with last.fm!

We have a 11 zone audio distribution system in our house with KNX home control for the amps, audio sources, blinds, lights, security and heating. We were originally hoping we could create our own all in one iPhone app to integrate the XBMC web server controls with the KNX controls (also over the local network), but this little app is soooo good, I've decided to just use this and the separate KNX Gira "Interface" in Safari. Now if only Apple would let us run more than one app at a time!

Thanks narcan.

- slippy - 2008-12-08

grisen Wrote:None of the above soulutions actually work. Would it be possible to use the new OFFICIAL iPhone RemoteApp to control XBMC?

http://www.apple.com/itunes/remote/

Since the regular Apple remote workes with XBMC, maby the new remote also works?

I had no idea the apple remote works with xbmc, do you need to use eventghost to set it up?

- o_neill - 2008-12-24

Wonderful app!
If anybody discovers a blank artist screen: This seems to be a small bug which has a workaround. (see here. http://remote.collect3.com.au/help/flat/269)

Can anybody help me:
I use the advanced setting hidecompilationartists to filter those artists from the artist view. But XBMC Remote displays them anyhow! Where does it this artist listing from? Is there a different setting for the webserver?

Hapy X-Mas!

Queueing playlists. - byronl - 2009-01-06

We have all our music setup in .m3u playlists.

Is it possible with this app to queue these playlists? is it possible to view the queue of media and delete/shuffle songs?

<EDIT> This is possible. I need to push my existing playlists into the right place on XBMC and use <pathsubstitution> in the advancedsettings.xml and this works.

My next question does the remote support the volume control within XBMC? This is very useful.

</EDIT>

Thanks

Byron

- SystemLord - 2009-01-06

First of all, great App! Smile Love it!

I have just one question, or see it as a possible feature request.

Can an option for WOL (Wake Up On Lan) be implemented?
For now i use a seperate app for that, to first switch on my PC/Fileserver where xbmc is installed, it would be nice of this can be done directly from your App.

- mlmc - 2009-01-08

Hi guys!

Is it really that good, worth buying an ipod touch / iphone just to be able to use it as a remote?

I'm especially interested in being able to create playlists for music playback, without having the need of my LCD-TV being on.

Is it a buy? Smile
//M

- jkrellner - 2009-01-08

mlmc Wrote:Hi guys!

Is it really that good, worth buying an ipod touch / iphone just to be able to use it as a remote?

I'm especially interested in being able to create playlists for music playback, without having the need of my LCD-TV being on.

Is it a buy? Smile
//M

That would be an expensive remote, for just one piece of hardware...

- SystemLord - 2009-01-12

jkrellner Wrote:That would be an expensive remote, for just one piece of hardware...

I think that was not the question mlmc asked...

For as far i know, you can't create playlists with this app. It sure will play your playlist created on another way. You can queue items it the same folder.

It sure a buy, not only to control xbmc, but there are usefull other apps and games you sure will like on this ipod touch. For example, there is also a air mouse utility, by which you can also control xbmc with the mouse using your ipod touch, using the touchscreen as a hover.

On the other hand the author stands open for new ideas, so it will only become better.

The only thing to consider is the expected growth of android devices, which proberly will be cheaper than the ipod.

Succes!