Kodi Community Forum
Apple's official iPhone Remote App with XBMC? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Apple's official iPhone Remote App with XBMC? (/showthread.php?tid=35064)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

- steve1977 - 2009-01-18

CptKen Wrote:It pulls the cover-art for music differently than for movies/tv shows so those should come up without issue.

Looking for help here. Got the remote and it works rather nicely. I can see the music and the TV shows cover-art, but I cannot see the cover-art for movies. Any thoughts on this one?

Unable to start movies - solution? - markiz - 2009-01-18

I use XBMC on a XBOX. All my movies are in a library and in the .rar-format. I'm using the default XBMC-skin (PMIII). I'm using the latest version of XBMC remote.

Now. The XBMC remote is working as expected. Except - I'm unable to start movies. When I select a movie the screen says something like: "please wait..". Then the dialog dissapears and nothing happens.

When I use my Xbox remote - the movie starts as expected.

Does anyone have same problem, or a solution maby?

- mlmc - 2009-01-18

Oh, thats too bad... ;(

Would be really neat if "playlist functions" were added, quick and easy way to build/manage queues. Maybe even with 'search' ability, by track/artist/album.

Where can I make these requests? I wish i could contribute.. but I have no coding skills...

SystemLord Wrote:I think that was not the question mlmc asked...

For as far i know, you can't create playlists with this app. It sure will play your playlist created on another way. You can queue items it the same folder.

It sure a buy, not only to control xbmc, but there are usefull other apps and games you sure will like on this ipod touch. For example, there is also a air mouse utility, by which you can also control xbmc with the mouse using your ipod touch, using the touchscreen as a hover.

On the other hand the author stands open for new ideas, so it will only become better.

The only thing to consider is the expected growth of android devices, which proberly will be cheaper than the ipod.

Succes!

- SystemLord - 2009-01-19

mlmc Wrote:Where can I make these requests? I wish i could contribute.. but I have no coding skills...

Take a look here:

http://remote.collect3.com.au/

- mlmc - 2009-01-20

Much appreciated, thanks for the help! Smile

SystemLord Wrote:Take a look here:

http://remote.collect3.com.au/

- Jkinney - 2009-01-23

Hi, long time lurker, first time posting.

Ive got this set up with my itouch on my xbox

one problem im having is, whenever i chose an artist/ album from the XBMC app.

it goofs up and plays the whole album randomly, even when i don't have shuffle turned on in the xbmc interface. Its seems to only happen when the XBMC app is on, if i chose anything from the xbmc it self its fine

besides that I love this AppCool

thanks for any help

- narcan - 2009-02-03

Just to let you all know a new version should be around the corner soon... Apple is taking it's time reviewing it as always.

Here's the details:

New Features
-----------
* TV Guide

If using MythTV with XBMC the XBMC Remote will now show an enhanced view for the guide.

This can be found by selecting 'Guide' under the MythTV video share.

The guide has both a portrait and a landscape mode. The portrait mode gives details of the current and next program , the landscape shows listings for next 12 hours.

Because of changes in XBMC the settings allows selection of the timezone for the guide. In the current release of XBMC the timezone needs to be set to 'UTC', in the current SVN the timezone will need to be set to 'Local'.

* Remote available on tab bar

In addition to when the remote is turned upside down the button & gesture remote is now available on the tab bar.

* Movie view enhancements

The movie view now shows a description of the movie, genre and rating.

* Watched status

The TV episodes now indicate whether they have been watched or not.

* Keyboard

Keyboard is now available from the gesture and button remote.

Changes / Bug fixes
----------------
* Issues with movie thumbnails are now fixed. Thumbnails would not display if multiple movies were from the same directory.
* Cached images are now displayed faster
* Gesture remote double tap is more solid
* Gesture remote now behaves a little smoother as well as including a back button. Back can still be triggered by a two finger swipe but the button allows for single handed use to be a little easier.
* General UI enhancements.

- SpiffBB - 2009-02-03

narcan Wrote:Just to let you all know a new version should be around the corner soon...
Great! Any chance that there will be support for customized remote commands in the "toolbox" for us who wants the remote to send http commands to USB-UIRT and other network http to IR translator?

Regards
Oscar

- Rand Al Thor - 2009-02-03

@narcan

That is great! I finally got my iphone and I am really loving it. This app was the first one that I put on the phone when I got it. There are a few issues that I have had. I posted about the HERE on your website. Some of them should be resolved with this next update. I will post more information for you there. Cheers and thanks again.

- natethomas - 2009-02-05

I bought this app a while back and have had zero problems with it. As a fairly new member of the iphone/ipod touch cult, I don't know how updates are handled. Will I have to re-buy this app, or will it update for me?

- jkrellner - 2009-02-05

When you go into the App Store, you can select the icon to the far right on the bottom and it will tell you if an update is available. If it is, you can select "install" and it will give you the update. Pretty smooth and you should not experience problems.

- Rand Al Thor - 2009-02-05

natethomas Wrote:I bought this app a while back and have had zero problems with it. As a fairly new member of the iphone/ipod touch cult, I don't know how updates are handled. Will I have to re-buy this app, or will it update for me?

Yep, it should be an automated process. Quick and painless Wink Out of curiosity which platform are you running on and what revision. I am running both windows and linux with builds compiled earlier today. You can read some of findings in the link from my previous post. Has anyone else noticed that on windows up and down seem to actually be page up and page down? Every time I hit one of those two buttons it skips like 20 items. This is not the case on my linux build though. Also, if you bring up the context menu or xbmc movie info screen it seems to freeze the app.

Anyone else experiencing something similar? I can't wait to try the new version and see what is new and improved!

- natethomas - 2009-02-05

I guess I should note a caveat in my zero problems statement. I don't typically use the touch upside down. For me, it is simply a way of selecting a video or song. I use windows and I did check the response to the up and down commands, and you seem to be correct. Hitting down is effectively like hitting page down.

- Rand Al Thor - 2009-02-05

That is pretty much what I figured. I have also tried it with the nokia 770 remote and the same thing happens so it looks like it is an XBMC thing and not an XBMC remote thing. Linux seems to be fine. Strange. I will report the bug. Cheers.

- narcan - 2009-02-06

Rand Al Thor Wrote:Every time I hit one of those two buttons it skips like 20 items. This is not the case on my linux build though. Also, if you bring up the context menu or xbmc movie info screen it seems to freeze the app.

I think these are both XBMC issues. I'll have to look into it though...

I'm still trying to get apple to accept this update. Just got rejected again, here is all they said:

"Your release notes state "Watched status The TV episodes now indicate whether they have been watched or not"; however, the user is unable to get TV episodes to play as the play/pause buttons do not work. Consequently, no indication is made whether the episodes have been watched or not. Additionally, when viewing a playlist, Live @ DuMaurier Jazz Festival appears though user had not selected this episode. "

What are they on about ?!

At least another week minimum now... Sad